• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just having him at the club does not condone rape....if he signs or not, i'll be there next week.

Does that mean that i believe rape is ok?

A judicial system is in place what says he's paid his debt to society. I think when convicted, he should have got a longer sentance but he got what he got.

He is now out, free to carry on with his life. If he was a builder working on the new stand would anyone care? Would that be seen as the club condoning rape.

Ched evans protests his innocence....he is still fighting to clear his name so how can anybody expect him to show remorse??

Do i want him to sign...no....mainly because of the media circus drgging our name through the mud with 'attention grabbing' headlines.

Do i think he should be allow to continue his chosen career....yes

I can understand why it doesn't sit well with some people but I don't buy the whole moral/ethics thing when you think of previous players and what they have done/been accused of;

Grobbelaar - Match fixing.

Billy Kenny - Cocaine use.

Lee Hughes - Death by dangerous driving.

Cristian Montano - Match fixing and rape.

It's not I ventured territory.

I can understand why it doesn't sit well with some people but I don't buy the whole moral/ethics thing when you think of previous players and what they have done/been accused of;

I think the question about what the club knew before three of those were on the payroll is relevant.

How is Cocaine use a moral/ethical issue? It isn't.

And Montano's problems did not come to light until after his career with us was over

Do we think the club are heavily pending on ched conviction being overturned?

Am I right in thinking he has has had an appeal denied however, the courts are looking at the reliability of the evidence/safety of teh original conviction?

If so it's a big gamble, we sign him for free, it's overturned, he produces the goods, we get promoted, we sell him on for a small fortune.

Head wrecker, do we actually need him too? Don't we have enough front men?

Edited by underdog

How is Cocaine use a moral/ethical issue? It isn't.

Did you really type that?

As people on here condone signing a convicted rapists as they have a wife/Mother/Daughter etc, are you saying that if your wife/Mother/Daughter was a coke fiend you would be fine with that?

Don't kick a ball out for a throw in (spot fixing) but feel free to snort a load of columbian marching powder???

I Support Oldham Athletic. One Man will not change that. See you Saturday.

That's exactly where i'm at Aaron, couldn't agree more. Players, good and bad, come and go. One man won't stop me watching the team I love. I've barely missed a home game in the last 25 years and i'm not going to start now.

Would I consider cancelling my trip to Wembley in July and sending AC/DC their tickets back because the drummer Phil Rudd has been charged with some potentially serious offences? Would I :censored:.