It would make more sense it being Barnsley, with his connection with the manager etc. Our name's just been mentioned because it always is in the tabloids. Ignore it and keep your fingers crossed it's all bull:censored:.

Edited by One-Size

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm half angered that we're linked with him again, and half angered that the club would - after putting a statement out that they would not sign him - decide to U turn on that and welcome him in with open arms. :censored: off Latics if you decide to do this. :censored:ing hell, I was enjoying going again this season and all.

I'm half angered that we're linked with him again, and half angered that the club would - after putting a statement out that they would not sign him - decide to U turn on that and welcome him in with open arms. :censored: off Latics if you decide to do this. :censored:ing hell, I was enjoying going again this season and all.

A month is a long time in football. 4 defeats one goal

The only shred of positivity I'm finding right now is that it's in the tabloids and they've a great track record of making 2+2=5.

The first and so far only publication to make the link with us is the S**. On the one hand, they might be fishing for a denial to find the right answer through a process of elimination. On the other, the might have got the nod from someone close to Evans, the PFA or OAFC. Just needs someone from the club to come out and say what's what.

I just cant see it, bit of an over reaction on here in my opinion, its been reported in the sun and the star, where else? Maybe if sky sources (who also get things wrong) had us signing him then i would be a bit more worried, but for now i aint believing it whatsoever!

Hmmm maybe tin hat time, but how did Marlon king pull on a shirt again?

It's been said Evans was unrepentant, there is a difference between unrepentant and protesting your innocence. If he was unrepentant why potentially waste money on an appeal?

If under 1000 home fans were there next saturday, the club would listen.

Can't see anyone stopping going this season would make any difference to be honest. Probably half of our crowd is made up of season ticket holders who have already paid so the financial gamble is simply one of would a drop off in pay on the day customers be offset by a return in transfer fee at the end of the season, should the goals go in.

On a purely financial angle, I can imagine the cub probably think it's a risk worth taking.