The lad is being hounded out of football by bandwagon jumpers for something that with quite probably be overturned.

I've got £50 to Playershare vs 50 of yours to Rape Crisis says it isn't. Outcome of the next stage of legal proceedings.

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've got £50 to Playershare vs 50 of yours to Rape Crisis says it isn't. Outcome of the next stage of legal proceedings.

Makes no difference now as he wont be signing for us but seeing as a good cause will benefit whichever way it goes, you're on.

It could take 2 years to the next stage they say, so plenty of time to save up.

I do have an issue with the idea that because he's in a privileged career that he shouldn't be allowed the same leniency as any other convicted felon. That said though, it would be unacceptable for him to join Latics, and I would expect any right-thinking fan to say the same.

Therefore let market forces decide. He is a tawdry individual regardless of any late appeals or acquittal that may yet come, and so wherever he goes fans should react as they have at Sheffield United. Sponsors and fans unite against him to the point where his ability is overshadowed by the damage his reputation would do commercially.

• 3 weeks later...

... (Ask Graham Rix how he is getting on)? ...

According to Wikipedia, Rix walked back into his job at Chelsea upon his release. He only left with Vialli's sacking, has had various jobs since in management since, and is currently working in football, albeit non-league, at AFC Portchester, which is more than most aspiring coaches can say.

This is in no way a commentary on the Evans situation, just pointing out that appears that Rix's career actually doesn't appear to have suffered that much.

He was at Chelsea and now he's at Afc portchester. You don't think that's a downhill slide?

The point is whether any of that slide can be attributed to his conviction. The fact that he walked back into his old job, and that his slide has been gradual through various clubs and down the leagues suggests not.

The very fact that he is a coaching job in football at all, I think, is a testament to this, and I dare say there are many coaching badge holders who would love the chance to manage at that level.

According to Wikipedia, Rix walked back into his job at Chelsea upon his release. He only left with Vialli's sacking, has had various jobs since in management since, and is currently working in football, albeit non-league, at AFC Portchester, which is more than most aspiring coaches can say.

This is in no way a commentary on the Evans situation, just pointing out that appears that Rix's career actually doesn't appear to have suffered that much.

They did different things. Rix isn't covered in glory by any stretch but I understand that the girl knew he was having sex with her. Edited by leeslover

• 2 weeks later...

Twitter chatter says he's signing for Barnsley on Monday.

Danny Wilson was his manager when he molested that girl and stood by him. He spoke very highly of him in interviews throughout the season and, I may be wrong, but I think he gave him a character reference in court. It could have legs, this...