• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Crock of :censored: clickbait from a :censored: paper. We're not signing Ched Evans, it is not going to hit -20C this winter, and Diana died because the silly cow wasn't wearing a seatbelt.

Fair enough but I bet house prices are going up and if you have a teaspoon of sherbert dip a day it will reduce your chances of developing Alzheimer's.

Crock of :censored: clickbait from a :censored: paper. We're not signing Ched Evans, it is not going to hit -20C this winter, and Diana died because the silly cow wasn't wearing a seatbelt . . .

. . . and it stopped her voting UKIP and finding a miracle cure for dementia.

If we are ever going to achieve anything, we need everybody on side and pulling in the same direction. Right now, everyone is happy, behind the manager, and we have a good shot at doing something this season.

Signing a rapist would seriously split the fanbase. He might be able to score goals, but it could derail the season and do miles more harm than good.

Tranmere are bottom of the football league and even they aren't desperate enough to entertain the idea of signing him. Hopefully we will put the issue to bed tomorrow, but we really shouldn't have even spoke to him.

This is just a fine example of everyone jumping on the bandwagon because the media have entertained it.

Plenty of footballers have returned after jail terms without any major problems. Why is this any different? Because Sheffield United are a big club and it sells papers for them.

For those saying 'he isn't all that' and 'he had 1 good season', here is some food for thought.

The Blades paid £3m for him and that was BEFORE he had his good season. That is 4 times our all time record signing. That would be the reasoning behind it as we couldn't hope to sign a player of that potential calibre (only in terms of football, not morals/ethics etc) unless it came with a load of hassle.

It goes back further than Lee Hughes too, didn't Billy Kenny get shipped out of Everton due to liking the Columbian marching powder? He then got the boot by us for similar things didn't he?

Big clubs get the polished diamonds. We get left with the lesser players and if we want a 'star' we get left with trying to polish the odd turd. If that doesn't work then just roll said turd in glitter.

This is just a fine example of everyone jumping on the bandwagon because the media have entertained it.

Plenty of footballers have returned after jail terms without any major problems. Why is this any different? Because Sheffield United are a big club and it sells papers for them.

If you genuinely believe that then you need to give your head a real wobble.

I don't want Ched Evans playing for my football club because he's a convicted :censored:ung rapist, not because the Daily Mail tell me I don't want him to.

Just a serious question here, all those on here who want Evans to sign for us or wouldn't be bothered if he does, do you have kids?

Not having a go, just a social question about whether having kids potentially changes your view on life wrecking things like rape.

If you genuinely believe that then you need to give your head a real wobble.

I don't want Ched Evans playing for my football club because he's a convicted :censored:ung rapist, not because the Daily Mail tell me I don't want him to.

You watched a convicted ':censored:ing' killer play for us and cheered his goals. No doubt sang his name too along with thousands of other Oldham fans.

Are the people against this not wanting him playing football at all or just not for Latics? If he is going to play in league 1, why not us?

Hughes was a success in many ways, did the same people who oppose Evans cheers his name? Whether Hughes meant it or not he wrecked far more lives.

Read Evans website about the case, seems shaky to me.

Don't think he should be allowed to play football pro. I realise I am in a minority there, but I think letting rapists back into a position that kids look up to is wrong. Same if he was on TV. Would you be happy to let your kids watch the "Rolf Harris fun time hour" on his release from prison?

Are the people against this not wanting him playing football at all or just not for Latics? If he is going to play in league 1, why not us?

Hughes was a success in many ways, did the same people who oppose Evans cheers his name? Whether Hughes meant it or not he wrecked far more lives.

pretty sure Lee Hughes was the main cause for :censored:ing up a decent chance of promotion when he was with us.

Poor trolling.

Poor trolling.

Must be poor as I wasn't 'trolling'. Interested to see if people see Evans as different to Hughes or not. I loved Hughes but I'm glad we've not gone for Evans.

Whilst I'm not sure on the case against him i do think the crime he's been found guilty of is far worse than that of hughes.