Johnson to Barnsley

• Replies 834
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you were being touted for a new job in your on work life and another company came a knocking and you current boss said nowt, you would be wondering are you really wanted in the first place.

If Corney wanted him to stay he would have refused Barnsley permission to speak to him in the first place.

If you were being touted for a new job in your on work life and another company came a knocking and you current boss said nowt, you would be wondering are you really wanted in the first place.

If Corney wanted him to stay he would have refused Barnsley permission to speak to him in the first place.

I'd put my house on thre being a clause in LJ's contract stating he would have to be notified of any approaches. Or at the very least a trigger that they have to notify.

How do you know SC said nowt?

They take soundings, they will know Johnson would be interested. I am sure Johnson has respresentatives.

Compensation.

If it is 200k, Johnson has 3 years left on his deal I have read.

That is merely going to pay someone else, its not "profit" is it . it's simply we have the money up front instead as part of cash flow.

THat is why I don't buy SC "sold Johnson. If Johnson did not fancy the Barnsley job, he would be still here.

Compensation.

That is merely going to pay someone else, its not "profit" is it . it's simply we have the money up front instead as part of cash flow.

THat is why I don't buy SC "sold Johnson. If Johnson did not fancy the Barnsley job, he would be still here.

Except that Barnsley are paying it, instead of Latics...

My overriding feeling is one of frustration, really. It feels like we've been led on a merry dance by someone who understands the media very well, and he's used it completely to his advantage. One Team, One Dream, Who's coming with me and all that bull:censored:.

We took a gamble on him to begin with, then gave him a bumper contract extension to show our faith. Corney's backed him, spending money on Poleon, Turner and Murphy.

I don't like that he was at their game last night, he's still employed by us. I agree with the analogy above of taking on an apprentice who sacks you off as soon as he gets the chance.

Disappointed, and not entirely convinced it's a good move for him. It's taken him the best part of 18months, 2 years to get his own team here, and it's just started clicking and he's jetted off into the unknown. At the end of the day, he's potentially going to be a very good manager, and I believe he would have a better chance of doing that here.

Also massive shame that Tommy looks like he's off too.

Ah well, here's to the next honeymoon period, and I hope we spank Barnsley next month. Enjoy the cash, Lee.

i agree. He's a :censored:. Roll on 14 March. Let's burn us an effigy...I'm in the Main Stand for that one. Runt.

Compensation.

If Dean Holden takes over its money saved, Adam Lockwood as assistant.

LJ may well have recommended Lockwood to SC as his successor.

http://www.oldham-chronicle.co.uk/news-features/10/oldham-athletic-news/90377/captain-lockwoods-a-manager-of-the-future

Edited by BP1960

Worth remembering that we also currently have ex Premiership (Chelsea & Leicester) and Workd Cup capped Frank Sinclair on the academy coaching staff at the moment who is studying for his A license.

Thats true, and he's just resigned as manager of Colwyn Bay FC, where can I get a bet on?

Edited by BP1960

http://www.oldham-chronicle.co.uk/news-features/10/oldham-athletic-news/90377/captain-lockwoods-a-manager-of-the-future

"You got the job on the technicaliteh of a midget who recommended yoh!"

Worth remembering that we also currently have ex Premiership (Chelsea & Leicester) and Workd Cup capped Frank Sinclair on the academy coaching staff at the moment who is studying for his A license.

Latics youth coach Simon Cooper already has an UEFA A license, lives in Failsworth, could he step up?

Edited by BP1960

Maybe they should keep the press waiting all day and send a spokesman out at six to say there's no further developments, like a professional outfit would.

:lol:

That made me burst out laughing in the office. People are looking at me funny, but I'm not even going to try and explain it to them.

Didnt Joe Royle recommend Sharp and Penney !

Echoes of Fergie and Moyes...

Maybe we shoudl ask Dalglish, after all he recommended Johnson...

Edited by singe