Johnson to Barnsley

We aren't going backwards under LJ though Even if we were to finish top 12 it would be progress. Shez had more money, a deeper squad, with more overall quality. Where we are under LJ is somewhat of an achievement, how badly we fell under Shez was inexcusable. And I was a late, late boarder of the Shez out float that had been going around since Doggygate

Certainly haven't been moving forwards since December, perhaps the magic has worn off.

• Replies 834
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The first appointment to come out of this should be a PR manager. Another shambles from Latics again.

Deals come with an agreed news-release time so there's little Latics can do. It will clearly be agreed that 15:00 is the time for the announcement, and Latics will no doubt post the news online at 14:59 just like Barnsley will too.

Deals come with an agreed news-release time so there's little Latics can do. It will clearly be agreed that 15:00 is the time for the announcement, and Latics will no doubt post the news online at 14:59 just like Barnsley will too.

I understand what you're saying, but the silence and the dragging out of the process is frustrating.

Oh well, onwards and hopefully upwards.

Shez had his time. We were in freefall badly under him after such a promising start. He had to go, we were powder puff in those last 6 or so games.

I wonder how many of the Latics contracted strikers he will take to Barnsley?

Edited by BP1960

You can just read the script now.....we didn't want him to go but as soon as he found out about interest from Barnsley he wanted to talk to them....he's ambitious so we couldn't stand in his way.

We thank him for his efforts and wish him well in the future.

EDIT Just seen Dr Evil's post further back

Edited by singe

First opportunity to go and he jumps ship.

We all understand the logic: more money, bigger club, bigger stadium, more potential BUT they're below us, our rivals for the play offs with a dozen and a bit games to go, his stock won't lower before the end of the season barring some disastrous run (that's the crux of my frustration), and they're hardly the dream job.

The fact that he's taken us higher than we've been for a while makes it all the worse in my opinion. If we were going nowhere I could understand a la Furman, but the club are on a high ebb at the moment, in with a chance of achieving something. He really couldn't give a toss about the season, could he, and you can hear it now in that infuriating Orient post-match interview. Couldn't even finish a season with us before leaving? That is unforgivable in my eyes.

Even if he was overrated, he was decent and that's much better than we've had for years, so what's the likelihood of us getting another decent manager for nothing on short notice?

Now Barnsley being Yorkshire isn't the only reason to dislike them :grin:

Edited by NewBlue

The problem with Johnson is that I believed him! I don't wish him any ill will but expectation at Barnsley is that Championship football is their right and he has next season to achieve that or out he will go.

If good managers are going to use us as a stepping stone then eventually we will sink and that leaves us with no hope. Supporters need hope even if it is irrational. Preston will now murder this lot on Saturday. 9 points for safety.

The problem with Johnson is that I believed him! I don't wish him any ill will but expectation at Barnsley is that Championship football is their right and he has next season to achieve that or out he will go.

If good managers are going to use us as a stepping stone then eventually we will sink and that leaves us with no hope. Supporters need hope even if it is irrational. Preston will now murder this lot on Saturday. 9 points for safety.

In LJ you no longer trust?

My overriding feeling is one of frustration, really. It feels like we've been led on a merry dance by someone who understands the media very well, and he's used it completely to his advantage. One Team, One Dream, Who's coming with me and all that bull:censored:.

We took a gamble on him to begin with, then gave him a bumper contract extension to show our faith. Corney's backed him, spending money on Poleon, Turner and Murphy.

I don't like that he was at their game last night, he's still employed by us. I agree with the analogy above of taking on an apprentice who sacks you off as soon as he gets the chance.

Disappointed, and not entirely convinced it's a good move for him. It's taken him the best part of 18months, 2 years to get his own team here, and it's just started clicking and he's jetted off into the unknown. At the end of the day, he's potentially going to be a very good manager, and I believe he would have a better chance of doing that here.

Also massive shame that Tommy looks like he's off too.

Ah well, here's to the next honeymoon period, and I hope we spank Barnsley next month. Enjoy the cash, Lee.