Johnson to Barnsley

Being extremely cynical, if he knew he was going to get the Barnsley job why on earth was he left to manage a team that would be his soon-to-be employer's rivals?

Not accusing him of anything, but in theory he could've done anything to benefit them. Very reckless and careless from the Oldham hierarchy to not recognise this clear conflict of interests.

Edited by NewBlue

• Replies 834
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LJ : "Hey lads, im off to barnsley after this so you just play crap and lose."

Team : "OK boss, anything for you".

Cant help but feel someone would say no.

He probably said just play normally and they obeyed him.

Edited by BP1960

In LJ I trusted. Now I know how gullible I am. We all thought he was being encouraged to go for the compensation when in fact he was writing his application and telling us how happy he was to be here, how flattered he was to have his name linked. No lies just deceit.

It's not a job in the real world tho is it, football management? I'm sure, as a football fan, you already know that. So I'm not sure why you'd write what you just have....Football is tribal and emotional where all fans want their players / coaches / managers to be loyal. Especially ones that say they are loyal and have love for the club.

For me, it feels like I've just found out that my best mate has slept with an ex who I was head over heals about, who's just dumped me. Even tho he said he'd never do anything like that 'coz he's me best mate'......Just gutted really, and then you find out Dean Holden is manager. So underwhelming!

That is a matter of opinion.

It all is. And that's why I love reading it all, regardless of how much I disagree with it.

He's gone. Like many before him and many after him will do. Nothing can be done about it. Put your energy into supporting the current regime.

Firstly, bollocks to the little fella, and I wish him nothing but failure at Barnsley and in the future. To leave is his right - to embarrass us as he did as a club employee last night - and behave as disengenuously as he has of late, is not.

Nobody asked him for all the hashtag nonsense, but he chose to put it out there as his persona. People (indeed myself) chose to believe in elements of it as he had a credibility as an individual, and an age that suggested he could commit the time, to lend some substance to hyperbole.....but here's the rub....

You can only do that once. Those fans, players and officials at Barnsley are aware of what they have bought into. He has not let us down as fans - its our choice to follow and believe in him - but he has let down his players. They deserve better than the message his actions have conveyed to them.

Yes recent performances have been poor - this in part explains why.

He has said to them that somebody else is a better bet - not just in the future, but right now!!

Whoever takes the job here must channel into that and instill a hurt into our performances that show him the opportunity to succeed now that he had passed up here. We have an opportunity that still exists, lets bury them in a few weeks - and drive on for that 6th spot!!

Firstly, bollocks to the little fella, and I wish him nothing but failure at Barnsley and in the future. To leave is his right - to embarrass us as he did as a club employee last night - and behave as disengenuously as he has of late, is not.

THIS-the short arsed little SCAB!

Edited by ChaddySmoker

Tried to watch the press conference but felt sick after the first few words "bigger club, bigger support, bigger budget, bigger history"

get lost you jumped up little squirt

Can I have my £100 back for the trip to Orient when you clearly threw the game?

What a dissingenuous little :censored:

Makes you wonder whether he knew pre Colchester, the fallout from that game may in the long run hurt us the most, after going behind so early in the game to continue to play such a negative defensive formation was mystifying and not for the first time this season the manager in my opinion set us up to fail, at the time it just appeared strange but as things have transpired it does make you wonder.

Makes you wonder whether he knew pre Colchester, the fallout from that game may in the long run hurt us the most, after going behind so early in the game to continue to play such a negative defensive formation was mystifying and not for the first time this season the manager in my opinion set us up to fail, at the time it just appeared strange but as things have transpired it does make you wonder.

I'd suggest in the two days since Wilson was sacked, Barnsley hadn't approached the club, been granted permission, interviewed LJ and the others on the shortlist and agreed terms. And then waited ten days to announce it.

There really has been some utter drivel on here today (more so than ever).

I'd suggest in the two days since Wilson was sacked, Barnsley hadn't approached the club, been granted permission, interviewed LJ and the others on the shortlist and agreed terms. And then waited ten days to announce it.

There really has been some utter drivel on here today (more so than ever).

I totally agree with the general sentiment here - but he has been disengenuous and that breeds a level of suspicion.

Nobody knows with certainty how this has all played out - but Lee Johnson does not deserve the benefit of the doubt.

Edited by whitey1980

I totally agree with the general sentiment here - but he has been disengenuous and that breeds a level of suspicion.

Nobody knows with certainty how this has all played out - but Lee Johnson does not deserve the benefit of the doubt.

And does nobody else think it fishy that we threw away a comfy 2-0 lead against them in the JPT? And the performance at Oakwell the other week?

Don't even get me started on him releasing his mate Rachubka so he could punch one in his own goal against them last week.

They're all in on it. Benefit of the doubt.

And does nobody else think it fishy that we threw away a comfy 2-0 lead against them in the JPT? And the performance at Oakwell the other week?

Don't even get me started on him releasing his mate Rachubka so he could punch one in his own goal against them last week.

They're all in on it. Benefit of the doubt.

No - Do I think his committment to managing Oldham Athletic Football Club as per the terms of his contract has been beyond reproach in the last 2 weeks - I don't.

That is my concern. Of course he hasn't been doing some of the bollocks suggested, but has he done his job properly and to the best of his considerable ability of late?

That is an entirely different question that nobody on this forum can honestly answer for sure, but I for one have my doubts.

Edited by whitey1980

Whilst a lot of what Ive said is unlikely, after the Barnsley defeat he went to great lengths to tell us about what a great club they are, even going as far to tell us where they ranked in the League 1 pay league its obvious to me somebody had caught his ear there and he liked what he had heard, its probably part of the reason he wasnt as hard on the players post match Colchester and Orient because he knew he hadnt focussed on those games as he should, it appears now all his efforts went into engineering his move away, which given our position after the Swindon game is shocking, it just shows you the contempt of the man that he can sit in the stands watching Barnsley whilst in our supporters eyes still manager of our club, for a man who talks the talk this has to rank amongst the most cuntish ways to behave towards our fans that I have seen the fact I bought into his bull:censored: makes it even more galling, Tommy Wright should hold his head in shame as well for feeding the blokes ego and being party to all of this for me the pair of them can rot for all I care for, two men you wouldnt want in the trenches with you when the chips where down for sure.