Johnson to Barnsley

Worth remembering that we also currently have ex Premiership (Chelsea & Leicester) and Workd Cup capped Frank Sinclair on the academy coaching staff at the moment who is studying for his A license.

He was on soccerAM recently saying he's started playing again in non-league

• Replies 834
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He was on soccerAM recently saying he's started playing again in non-league

Frank Sinclair has just resigned as manager of Colwyn Bay so is available.

From the net;

"In February 2015, Sinclair started work at Oldham Athletic as a player development coach".

Edited by BP1960

First opportunity to go and he jumps ship.

We all understand the logic: more money, bigger club, bigger stadium, more potential BUT they're below us, our rivals for the play offs with a dozen and a bit games to go, his stock won't lower before the end of the season barring some disastrous run (that's the crux of my frustration), and they're hardly the dream job.

The fact that he's taken us higher than we've been for a while makes it all the worse in my opinion. If we were going nowhere I could understand a la Furman, but the club are on a high ebb at the moment, in with a chance of achieving something. He really couldn't give a toss about the season, could he, and you can hear it now in that infuriating Orient post-match interview. Couldn't even finish a season with us before leaving? That is unforgivable in my eyes.

Even if he was overrated, he was decent and that's much better than we've had for years, so what's the likelihood of us getting another decent manager for nothing on short notice?

Now Barnsley being Yorkshire isn't the only reason to dislike them :grin:

This for me. To jump ship in mid season shows that he really does not care about our club - unforgivable indeed.

I wish him no success at Barnsley. He is already forgotten in my eyes.

Sinclair must be doubling up then as he said as recently as last Saturday that he'd started playing again (think its for Brackley town)

Player manager??

That would be as a non contract player.

Brackley manager;

"I heard Frank had left Colwyn Bay and just text him to see if he fancied a one-off game,” said Brady".

Another plus

"Frank Sinclair is a natural for the media. Speaking easily to microphone or the camera the quiet words seem to flow rhythmically and are accompanied by a ready smile or grin".

Edited by BP1960

Frank Sinclair could be well in contention, he's on the staff and recently managed in non league.

I should think SC is considering him right now on a short term basis.

He wouldn't be considered for anything more than additional coaching I'd have thought. He resigned from Colwyn Bay at the start of the year with the club in a relegation battle so great to have around the older academy teams at the moment (and may help out whilst we're thin on numbers for youth/senior) but don't think he'd be one for the top job, even on a temporary basis.

He wouldn't be considered for anything more than additional coaching I'd have thought. He resigned from Colwyn Bay at the start of the year with the club in a relegation battle so great to have around the older academy teams at the moment (and may help out whilst we're thin on numbers for youth/senior) but don't think he'd be one for the top job, even on a temporary basis.

We would never have considered LJ was in contention last time round;

Frank has ambitions though.

" In the long-run I see myself back in management and I am completing my UEFA “A” Licence".

Edited by BP1960

Ironic how a couple of weeks ago LJ was bragging that he was one of the longest serving managers.

Basically if a manager gets us into the top half of the table he becomes a genius and gets lured away from us, if they are crap we sack them, we will never get any continuity.

Makes you very cynical about all the talk of building for the future, just hot air.

Ironic how a couple of weeks ago LJ was bragging that he was one of the longest serving managers.

Basically if a manager gets us into the top half of the table he becomes a genius and gets lured away from us, if they are crap we sack them, we will never get any continuity.

Makes you very cynical about all the talk of building for the future, just hot air.

Mr.Corney has always said that we will be treading water until we can create new revenue streams from a new stadium or now through the new stand. I think this is just more evidence of that.