Johnson to Barnsley

• Replies 834
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lee Johnson is a little :censored:! Attending the match last night was in my view unforgiveable!

I dont have a problem with it. If it was the other way around, I'd want him watching Latics to try and get to grips with what needs addressing asap. Disappointed that it looks like Tommy's going with him though.

You never know, the players might be pleased to see the back of him, nothing was ever his fault and being told you lack heart must start to grate after a while.

I'm told (rightly or wrongly) this will certainly be the case with some of them and for this reason it could give us a lift, short term at least.....

I said it at the time but Booing the team after the Colchester game bearing in mind where we were (are) was stupid, If the place was singing his name after that game (his last home game) not sure if it would have stopped him going but it didnt help. Shame we all couldnt get behind him.

Gutted hes going. IMO best manager we have had since Stitch had us hovering around the playoffs (with a threadbare squad) before that C**t Moore took over. If anyone wants Dowie Back please cast your mind back to the position the club was in financially when he left, and his managerial record since.

Yes, Dowie had money, but he did a :censored:ing brilliant job at Latics.

I'm told (rightly or wrongly) this will certainly be the case with some of them and for this reason it could give us a lift, short term at least.....

I guess some will be gutted though.

You can't be everyone's friend and be a manager I suppose.

Let's hope it is as you say.

Skysports have just confirmed it, Lee Johnson to Barnsley, statement at 1pm, conference at 3pm.

I guess he was there last night to confirm the job and not scouting.

Feel let down.

Silly this

Did anyone at the club bother to go scouting Preston?

What do we do then? Try and appoint somebody quickly? Give it to Locky and Holden for the rest of the season? Of get Muzza back?

I really wanted him to stick to his principles and beliefs #one team one dream bull:censored:.More like #first opportunity I get I am out of here

It just shows that there are very few morals left in football.

If he had seen out the season failed in getting us to the play offs then walked to pastures new then so be it everyone would have said he served his time did a good job and both fans and manager can be proud that he took a club with a small budget to a new level and gave us hope for the first time in years.

To walk out now for a few grand a week more sucks arse LJ.

Anything in the fact that Corneys rant/threats after Ched Evans saga might materialise sooner than we think and LJ saw this as the perfect opportunity to move before it does? I have often felt Corney will sell to the highest bidder once the stand is built as he will feel as though he had some sense of progress/success!

Financial Fair Play means that over time your position in the Football League is closely correlated with your attendance at matches. On this basis lattices should flirt with relegation every season and will eventually go down. Gaining promotion from league 2 would not be easy as gate receipts would suffer and FFP bite us again.

I immediately liked Lee Johnson and felt he was the answer. It is the manager and not the players that could get us promoted and Johnson has approached the job with clever signings and is building a squad that would have been even better next year if we can't make 6th this year. To progress we needed to sign and keep our manager.

If Johnson goes we will have to wait for another manager of his abilities to turn up - 5, 10 or 20 years. If Johnson goes then even if we find another diamond will he just move on quickly?

I'm totally gutted by the prospect of him going and the way this has played out. League 2 rather than the Championship beckons. So much for the vision of the new stand.

The FFP is all part of the great grand scheme to rid football of league clubs and just concentrate on internationals.

What happens in a few years is that the league positions will be decided by the FFP rules , so that after pre season friendlies they can sort the league out in August .

Presentations of league titles , promotion etc so that they can be decided by end of August with playoffs in September.

This will all take a few years to work our properly but the intention is to have it done and dusted by 2022 season.

This will leave international teams from the end of August to assemble squads in time for the World cup in November in the ovenland called Qatar.

After the world cup it will the be the African cup of nations in Jan / Feb followed by the European championships in June / July.

Because of the lack of league football these international events will then probably be played on a 2 yearly cycle with qualifying matches in between.

Septic Bladder will then have a statue erected in every major football stadium in the world to remind fans what he has done for football.

So don't worry about Latics being in league 2 , it will probably be the only form of league football left !!!!!!!!!!!!!

No idea.

As ever, I'll back whoever the board see fit to appoint 100%.......

Unless it's.............. :lol:

I'm just beginning to feel ground down by the ever repeating cycle. A new manager every 2 or 3 years and consequently a new squad every 2 years. Sell your best player each window and be thankful you even have a club.

It is literally a lifetime since those nights of walking up Garforth Street, all literally feeling sick with the excitement of what was happening out our club........

Edited by danoafc

I don't normally bother when players/managers leave us, I had no problem with Porter/Furman/Baxter etc and I clapped Dickov when he came back, it happens, clubs show very little loyalty to them at times so you can't really expect it back, but I believed in Johnson, believed that he was here to take us forward and improve with us, in all that one team one dream :censored:. First time in a long while I will feel really let down my someone if they leave us.