Johnson to Barnsley

• Replies 834
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We're allegedly receiving £200k in compensation. There's a train of thought that suggests he was actively encouraged to leave. Who knows?

I've had managers who've inspired my team and I to be high performers and then left for pastures new. It didn't make me think they were being disingenuous whilst they were here.

Skysports have just confirmed it, Lee Johnson to Barnsley, statement at 1pm, conference at 3pm.

I guess he was there last night to confirm the job and not scouting.

Feel let down.

Well this has ruined my day off work! I'll probably spend half the day on OWTB / Twitter and watching Sky Sports News.

:disappointed:

I'm actually really angry. The little :censored:. Jumping ship for what? Championship club? bigish club? No. We've been very patient and understanding as he carefully built a squad, making obvious mistakes along the way. Now he leaves when we're still on the verge of the play-offs.

Johnson, you are an absolute two-faced :censored:. All that crap you've come out with over the last two years. Bastard!!!!!!!!

Shame all this. I honestly feel if he came out and said he was interested and why most level headed fans would have understood and wished him well. To say nothing, nothing! Then be seen at the Barnsley match night before he leaves sucks and is a contradiction to everything he says he stands for and believes. No good eye etc to us fans either.

Shocking really. What a load of old balls!

Money talks and bull:censored: walks unfortunately.....

Not particularly happy. Terrible timing. To see out the season here would have been the right thing to do.

I also think he may be rather over estimating his own capabilities... ie he isnt anywhere near as good as he thinks he is.

I obviously now hope Barnsley get relegated and we do them at our place.

Edited by kowenicki

LJ will maintain he didn't want to go but the club accepted the offer.

SC will maintain that he indicated he wanted to go so can't stand in his way.

Either way i am sad the LJ hasn't had the courage to see out this season at least.

SC supported him in Jan by not letting any of the squad go and even signing a couple of players so that LJ could fulfill his job.

We will never find the truth as too why !!!!!

Think when the dust settles we'll all get over it and move on.

Corney could have blocked the deal and didn't, even after recently saying that Johnson was the best manager he's had at the club by a country mile.

All this makes me think there could be alot more to all this.

The fact that Scholes has been mentioned already makes me curious.

The one thing Johnson has failed to do in his time here is put bums on seats, something that Scholes would probably manage just by being here.........I wonder!!!

He promised we'd be in a better place after two years. We are.

I'd have preferred him to have gone up a division when he left. But Barnsley are better resourced from bottom to top.

He's impressed me in many ways. But also has his flaws. I do think he'll manage at higher levels though.

There's a real chance for our next appointment to make a name for themselves and achieve something within three months.

Here's hoping.