New Manager thread.

We were told that the sports direct deal would allow us to compete with the bigger teams in the division.

One of the final candidates agent then tells us that our budget will be one of the lowest in the division next season...

Something doesn't add up.

The revenue from the new stand doesn't kick in until the season after next

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted · Hidden by Matt, May 5, 2015 - No reason given
Hidden by Matt, May 5, 2015 - No reason given

Agreed to a point but clearly one sided as McGuiness will not forgive the Paras on that Sunday morning and he and his supporters (and apparently our Mr Kelly) continue to call for their prosecution

Turning a blind eye is not always the same as forgiveness and reconciliation

Murderers should be prosecuted.

This appointment has unfortunately been the last straw for me.

This isn't aimed at Kelly, it's the distinct disconnection I'm feeling from the football club I love.

I am a football fan but haven't been a fan of football for a while now. My allegiance to Oldham Athletic has been stout. But there comes a time when the river runs dry. Moore trying to ruin us, Dowie leaving, Sheridan getting the boot, Dickovs appointment, Baxter being sold, Montano match fixing, Getting dogs abuse on twitter from Oldham fans and non Oldham fans for standing by the club through the Ched Evans debacle, LJ leaving us without a whimper and now this appointment has pushed me over the edge. Throughout all this we have not had any kind of period of sustained success. We have flirted with the play offs very very sporadically but sustained success none! I want more I'm afraid and have grown tired at having any kind of hope taken away just as I start to believe things are moving forward.

People will think I'm overreacting etc but please come back to me when Corneys next big decision or the one after that is of the same ilk and more and more people's faith will begin to leave.

All the best of Luck Oldham Athletic, I love you I'm just not in love with you anymore

This appointment has unfortunately been the last straw for me.

This isn't aimed at Kelly, it's the distinct disconnection I'm feeling from the football club I love.

I am a football fan but haven't been a fan of football for a while now. My allegiance to Oldham Athletic has been stout. But there comes a time when the river runs dry. Moore trying to ruin us, Dowie leaving, Sheridan getting the boot, Dickovs appointment, Baxter being sold, Montano match fixing, Getting dogs abuse on twitter from Oldham fans and non Oldham fans for standing by the club through the Ched Evans debacle, LJ leaving us without a whimper and now this appointment has pushed me over the edge. Throughout all this we have not had any kind of period of sustained success. We have flirted with the play offs very very sporadically but sustained success none! I want more I'm afraid and have grown tired at having any kind of hope taken away just as I start to believe things are moving forward.

People will think I'm overreacting etc but please come back to me when Corneys next big decision or the one after that is of the same ilk and more and more people's faith will begin to leave.

All the best of Luck Oldham Athletic, I love you I'm just not in love with you anymore

You'll be back.

Agreed to a point but clearly one sided as McGuiness will not forgive the Paras on that Sunday morning and he and his supporters (and apparently our Mr Kelly) continue to call for their prosecution

Turning a blind eye is not always the same as forgiveness and reconciliation

If you feel someone you loved was murdered would you not want them to be prosecuted?

Just like the thousands of others who have wandered away over the course of TTA's time at the club?

Exactly, if this means 300 people walk away chances are most won't be back any time soon. Like the lads who stopped when the lookers came down, they won't be back.

You must get bored of just repeating the same thing over and over.

Just like Im bored of your snide comments I suppose.

I get the impression you are waiting to pounce on my every post.Is there a way I can delete you?

If you feel someone you loved was murdered would you not want them to be prosecuted?

I'm sorry but that is rubbish

Sin Fein / IRA were never interested in legal recourse , they took their own form of "justice" by murdering thousands of men, women and children

McGuiness has never apologised or recognised his part in the murderous campaign and through the (admittedly necessary) process of reconciliation he has found himself in main stream politics.

If Sinn Fein / IRA dropped their campaign to prosecute soldiers for their mistakes then I could begin to try and forgive Mcguiness for the blood on his hands

Because of this I find it hard to be supportive of a man who clearly is close to and is a declared passionate supporter of an organisation that murdered thousands

The revenue from the new stand doesn't kick in until the season after next

For FFP purposes I suppose it doesn't as that is predominantly based on the year before.

The ST sale money, including probably a significant increase in posh STs will be available this year.

I'm sorry but that is rubbish

Sin Fein / IRA were never interested in legal recourse , they took their own form of "justice" by murdering thousands of men, women and children

McGuiness has never apologised or recognised his part in the murderous campaign and through the (admittedly necessary) process of reconciliation he has found himself in main stream politics.

If Sinn Fein / IRA dropped their campaign to prosecute soldiers for their mistakes then I could begin to try and forgive Mcguiness for the blood on his hands

Because of this I find it hard to be supportive of a man who clearly is close to and is a declared passionate supporter of an organisation that murdered thousands

I'm talking about Mr Kelly whose Uncle was murdered by the British Army, i would imagine thats how he sees it.

For FFP purposes I suppose it doesn't as that is predominantly based on the year before.

The ST sale money, including probably a significant increase in posh STs will be available this year.

I might have read the FFP rules wrong but it does reflect current turnover as figures are submitted on a monthly basis!

Whether we get it for players wages is a completely different matter

These IRA comments are insulting and stupid as well as being irrelevant. What would you narrow minded individuals have said if Uwe Rossler had been manager? Nazi fiend? No wonder Latics are where they are with such idiotic supporters.

If they are the reason why someone is not going to go to watch Oldham, then they are very relevant. Some of the posters have explained in detail why for them hiring someone who is very pro Sinn Fein means they won't be going.

As I said eleswehere I'm neither a Unionist nor a Republician, so his politics don't matter to me, but I can see how it can matter sufficiently to others. The same way that a lot of sensible Oldham fans who were "happy" to sign Ched Evans could understand why that was the final straw for me and some others.

These IRA comments are insulting and stupid as well as being irrelevant. What would you narrow minded individuals have said if Uwe Rossler had been manager? Nazi fiend? No wonder Latics are where they are with such idiotic supporters.

Now that really is a stupid comment ?