New Manager thread.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Possibly the most unfavourable appointment in my lifetime as a latics fan...the reality is he has to hit the ground running 2/3 losses or poor results at the start of the season and the knives will be out and it will be hard for him to recover.

If our aim is for him to develop youth to sell on for mega bucks to line Corneys pockets then he needs to get time in the job. And to get time he needs to earn our respect and faith.

I don't envy his job, it's like staring up at Mount Everest with nothing but a loin cloth on

Anyone remember Steve Eyre?

Dale fans certainly do, but for all the wrong reasons.

Appointed Dale manager on 13 June 2011, and by 19th December 2011 was sacked after guiding the club to 22nd place in league 2.

What were his credentials despite NOT having played a football league game?

21 years at MCFC as a 'successful' academy and youth team coach.

What did he do? - he brought young, talented MCFC players to Rochdale. Did it work? No.

What did Rochdale eventually do? Brought Back Keith Hill, one of their own tried and tested ......

DID THAT WORK?

knowledge of what is required to be successful in Football League One and a commitment to developing players at all levels we believe he is the right person to oversee the re-building of the football side of our club."

Kelly added: "It is a role that I accept with immense pride and one which I am fully focussed on and committed to. As well as a wealth of playing and coaching experience, I pledge to Oldham Athletic and its supporters unwavering commitment and a desire to succeed.

=============

This is part of what SC said about Kelly and what Kelly said -

1/- How has he got knowledge of whats required in league 1 ?????????

2/ - I've played more games than Kelly , where has he got the WEALTH of experience ?????????

WHAT A MASSSIVE GAMBLE BY SC.

Hope you are right, but things can change quickly in football.

Think TP will be staying just like Holden. It was obvious weeks ago that there was going to be a place for Holden at the club, talk of signing Woodland, planning for pre-season friendlies and the release of Kusunga. All this from a guy that could have been out of a job yesterday afternoon. I think Corney stopped listening to the fans after he binned Ronnie Moore and then later decided he had made a mistake. He only bottled the potential signing of Ched Evans when threats where made to the club.

Why?

Some things are more important than football

Undoubtedly true. McGuiness for instance has renounced his past and is a mainstream politician despite his no doubt strong belief that his homeland is still occupied by a foreign military force. Forgiveness is good for the soul. Try it some time.

Not overly impressed but he's more coaching experience than Johnson hadand holds the pro licence that Johnson is still studying for. Been at our last nine games watched 30 games in L1 this season. Claimed to have been all over Europe educating himself so it's a wait and see approach from me - overall feeling is a bit meh but let's see....

Why?

Some things are more important than football

Those nasty Germans trying to take over the world, how dare they even think about playing football whilst being friendly with fellow Germans?

Same applies to NI.

:censored: happens, the world has to move on.

Football is a game. Try and enjoy it eh?

Undoubtedly true. McGuiness for instance has renounced his past and is a mainstream politician despite his no doubt strong belief that his homeland is still occupied by a foreign military force. Forgiveness is good for the soul. Try it some time.

Agreed to a point but clearly one sided as McGuiness will not forgive the Paras on that Sunday morning and he and his supporters (and apparently our Mr Kelly) continue to call for their prosecution

Turning a blind eye is not always the same as forgiveness and reconciliation

wow.....shows the board are out of touch with what the fans want and therefore what the club needs. new stand, bit of optimism and chance to appoint someone who everyone could unite behind and push on in summer. dowie or someone who had some track record would have don it.

95% see it as a bad move, he wont get the early support he needs as we will all soon loose patience with what we all see as the wrong decision and it'll drag everyone down. i hope he starts well.

lack of league footballing experience shoudnt be an issue but i think we'd all have wished he had a lot more coaching experience like warbuton had when he got a shot at being a manager. lets hope he talks well in press and makes it clear he's a leader and can run a football club.

Speak for yourself, he will be getting the early support from me and I won't be the only one

Those nasty Germans trying to take over the world, how dare they even think about playing football whilst being friendly with fellow Germans?

Same applies to NI.

:censored: happens, the world has to move on.

Football is a game. Try and enjoy it eh?

That was getting on for nearly a century ago. Ulster is still under seige right now this very second.

Not overly impressed but he's more coaching experience than Johnson hadand holds the pro licence that Johnson is still studying for. Been at our last nine games watched 30 games in L1 this season. Claimed to have been all over Europe educating himself so it's a wait and see approach from me - overall feeling is a bit meh but let's see....

If hes been at our last nine games his talks with Dean Holden will be interesting..something like 'I liked what I saw Dean we will carry on where you left off'