New Manager thread.

You really don't have to justify the reasons you don't want to go anymore and lie saying it's down to the IRA or other completely irrevelant crap. Fair enough if you've had enough but stop trying to pounce on every little thing as a reason for not going to games.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IRA / Sinn Fein supporter and friend of "#legend" Martin McGuiness

Today is the end of my 40+ years of supporting Latics

Very, very sad day

Mcguiness is a good guy now politically speaking, sharing power with the DUP and his 'friend', the now late Ian Paisley.

Arguably, they are both 'legends' for getting on for the sake of peace.

You really don't have to justify the reasons you don't want to go anymore and lie saying it's down to the IRA or other completely irrevelant crap. Fair enough if you've had enough but stop trying to pounce on every little thing as a reason for not going to games.

Irrelevant to you, relevant to many.....

F -0ff read some history yourself

The reason land was taken off the lords and landowners of Ulster was punishment because they sent over troops to fight against the ENGLISH PEOPLE IN THE ENGLISH CIVIL WAR. Trouble is they choose the wrong side and lost. Payback is a bitch eh.

Now stop posting selective history and either learn the full story or don't bother at all. Both sides have done wrong from the start and it's counterproductive to imply one side is in the wrong unless you want us to live life like the middle east!

Isn't that a contradiction? They must've been fighting for some English people because it was a civil war? Wasn't it Scottish settlers fighting for the King of England against Cromwell? Weren't they the ones punished for supporting English royalty? Didn't Cromwell, who was a religoius bigot, take it as an opportunity to unleash his own brand of sectarian haterd?

Infact, didn't the plantation begin years before under James I because he wanted to squeeze out local catholic tribal chiefs and introduce a loyal Protestant foothold for no other reason than religion and power? it was these same Scots that joined Charles I, wasn't it?

In every case, weren't the indigenous Irish really treated like :censored: by successive regimes from the Norman conquest? The Great Famine was just another example of how they were totally disregarded and exploited, and this in what was supposed to be their own country. Scottish and Welsh nationalists really make me laugh. They invent a chip on their shoulders to justify dislike of the English. The Irish really were treated badly for centuries by English, Scottish and Welsh settlers, squeezing them off their lands and subjecting them to discrimination because of their religion.

Nineteenth century Punch cartoons depticted them as monkeys, inferior social beings on the social-Darwin ladder. In the 1960s, disrcimination was rife. Catholics in Ulster had the worst housing, lowest incomes and fewest job opportunities. Protestants were giving priority on the housing lists. Political borders were manipulated to gve Protestants in-built majorities. Ulster was the first place to have anti-sectarian laws because disrimination was so bad. Civil rights marchers were subjected to a barage of assualts by Protestants, backed up by B-Specials. The army were sent over to protect Catholics. They ended up defending themselves.

I think they had a right to be angry. I'm not for one second justifying terrorism. They were wrong, but you really don't seem to understand your Irish history or culture. If you do, then it is very eschewed.

Mcguiness is a good guy now politically speaking, sharing power with the DUP and his 'friend', the now late Ian Paisley.

Arguably, they are both 'legends' for getting on for the sake of peace.

I can no longer reply as I am bound by my earlier post not to mention politics again ?

I actually quite liked his interview and I do love a good Northern Irish accent

After an initial rant I will no doubt calm down and turn up for the first game of the season

Twitter feed dropped, again another massive PR blunder from OAFC not getting it shut down earlier, could have avoided some of the chatter around stuff other than football. Seriously how do we employ people to do this role, I have zero experience and could do a better job, heard we like taking risks, might apply next time it comes round, what's the worst that could happen ?

Regarding the loss of or increase in season ticket holders, surely we should (with the New Stand) just be looking one way-ie at an increase?

Why as a club do we continually shoot ourselves in the foot?

After Sundays match we went to a local watering hole and 3 of us decided to now get season tickets rather than just the 1 of us!

The STs are just your basic RRE ones at some £350 each. Now we wont be bothering! So Mr Corney cash flow will suffer a £1000 hit this month (May)

Perhaps we will go next season, perhaps we wont BUT Mr Corney this is your fault-cue the forthcoming cessation of work on the stand then the moaning about the salaries budget, then the sale of a player (or 2 or 3) before the start of next season!

I am sure that we will not be the only ones, how many £000s does the club not need? A Ridiculous way to run a business!

See you next season, perhaps!

Edited by ChaddySmoker

Regarding the loss of or increase in season ticket holders, surely we should (with the New Stand) just be looking one way-ie at an increase?

Why as a club do we continually shoot ourselves in the foot?

After Sundays match we went to a local watering hole and 3 of us decided to now get season tickets rather than just the 1 of us!

The STs are just your bacis RRE ones at some £350 each. Now we wont be bothering! So Mr Corney cash flow will suffer a £1000 hit this month (May)

Perhaps we will go next season, perhaps we wont BUT Mr Corney this is your fault-cue the forthcoming cessation of work on the stand then the moaning about the salaries budget, then the sale of a player (or 2 or 3) before the start of next season!

I am sure that we will not be the only ones, how many £000s does the club not need? A Ridiculous way to run a business!

See you next season, perhaps!

Give it time. The dust will settle. Then a fleece-clad club director will do an interview with the Chron in which he'll blame the likes of you for the fact Latics are bottom of the league, which will bring you and your fellow stayaways flooding back in droves, crying "Barry was right. I'm sorry. Take my money!"

I mentioned it to him last night...I asked if he wouldn't mind separating his politics from football. He told me he wasn't political in anyway.

Coming from a political hotbed like Derry his views are probably very, very mild in comparison to many of his friends and family so much so he probably genuinely considers himself not political. But he's still a product of his environment like most of us.

Several hundred miles away in apathetic Oldham where we've been programmed to think how we're told & never offend his views come across as extreme.

I can no longer reply as I am bound by my earlier post not to mention politics again ?

I actually quite liked his interview and I do love a good Northern Irish accent

After an initial rant I will no doubt calm down and turn up for the first game of the season

I'll do my part then and not post Martin and Iain laughing all the time then ;)

I had to cringe slightly when the MC was saying Winchester would have someone who could understand him now, when his and Kelly's accents are about as close as Saddleworth and Dudley

Not much to add to anything.

Will give him the benefit of the doubt, have just posted my season ticket renewal ....

But apparently he lives just about 15 minutes away from me and his wife runs Mrs Puddleducks nursery.

Thought you'd like to know that :-)

A pressing question where has ISZ gone..... not that it matters. Perhaps his source has killed him.

Happy to reassure you that I'm still alive.

As I'd already said, it was more than one source. And I made clear I was passing on speculative information, not endorsing it myself, which some people on here seemed to have great trouble understanding.

I posted the news from one, confirming Keegan's tweet that Kelly was definitely getting the job, which he obviously has, a few days before he was appointed. That source also was correct with Holden getting the job until the end of the season.

The other HP, who correctly aforementioned Blitz's arrival and Dowie's interest in the job, was linked to the Dowie camp. Shock, he doesn't want to be named now. He says he would have done if Dowie got the job. That fact probably explains some of the flowery info...to drum up fans' support - not that it apparently mattered....! To be honest it could be deciphered who he is via Twitter, but I'm not sure anyone is really bothered now, as you allude.

It's time to get behind the new manager. Heard about a potential link-up with Spanish players, and Ashley Grimes was well liked by Holden at Walsall - but let's just see what happens...

Happy to reassure you that I'm still alive.

As I'd already said, it was more than one source. And I made clear I was passing on speculative information, not endorsing it myself, which some people on here seemed to have great trouble understanding.

I posted the news from one, confirming Keegan's tweet that Kelly was definitely getting the job, which he obviously has, a few days before he was appointed. That source also was correct with Holden getting the job until the end of the season.

The other HP, who correctly aforementioned Blitz's arrival and Dowie's interest in the job, was linked to the Dowie camp. Shock, he doesn't want to be named now. He says he would have done if Dowie got the job. That fact probably explains some of the flowery info...to drum up fans' support - not that it apparently mattered....! To be honest it could be deciphered who he is via Twitter, but I'm not sure anyone is really bothered now, as you allude.

It's time to get behind the new manager. Heard about a potential link-up with Spanish players, and Ashley Grimes was well liked by Holden at Walsall - but let's just see what happens.

To Translate - If i threw enough mud at the wall something was eventually going to stick!!

It was always nailed on that you would never name you 'source'

To Translate - If i threw enough mud at the wall something was eventually going to stick!!

It was always nailed on that you would never name you 'source'

Yep, that's right. Just got lucky with a few things that came true a day or two after I posted them.

Okay, here comes another one - a source has told me that next season we will finish either 15th or 16th...... :-)

It was the Dowie one who's done the u-turn ("out of respect to Dowie's family") by the way Palmer1 - and if you're still bothered, read what I said again......