New Manager thread.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hopefully he is a doer more than a talker...struggle to see how he could inspire me pre match...dull as dishwater.

Really struggling to get my head around this one...is he really the bet option we had?!

The only thing that makes sense to me is if he is a stop gap for 12 months until the stand revenue comes in and we can afford and attract a better appointment!

Happy to reassure you that I'm still alive.

As I'd already said, it was more than one source. And I made clear I was passing on speculative information, not endorsing it myself, which some people on here seemed to have great trouble understanding.

I posted the news from one, confirming Keegan's tweet that Kelly was definitely getting the job, which he obviously has, a few days before he was appointed. That source also was correct with Holden getting the job until the end of the season.

The other HP, who correctly aforementioned Blitz's arrival and Dowie's interest in the job, was linked to the Dowie camp. Shock, he doesn't want to be named now. He says he would have done if Dowie got the job. That fact probably explains some of the flowery info...to drum up fans' support - not that it apparently mattered....! To be honest it could be deciphered who he is via Twitter, but I'm not sure anyone is really bothered now, as you allude.

It's time to get behind the new manager. Heard about a potential link-up with Spanish players, and Ashley Grimes was well liked by Holden at Walsall - but let's just see what happens...

To sum up: It was all bollocks.

Happy to reassure you that I'm still alive.

As I'd already said, it was more than one source. And I made clear I was passing on speculative information, not endorsing it myself, which some people on here seemed to have great trouble understanding.

I posted the news from one, confirming Keegan's tweet that Kelly was definitely getting the job, which he obviously has, a few days before he was appointed. That source also was correct with Holden getting the job until the end of the season.

The other HP, who correctly aforementioned Blitz's arrival and Dowie's interest in the job, was linked to the Dowie camp. Shock, he doesn't want to be named now. He says he would have done if Dowie got the job. That fact probably explains some of the flowery info...to drum up fans' support - not that it apparently mattered....! To be honest it could be deciphered who he is via Twitter, but I'm not sure anyone is really bothered now, as you allude.

It's time to get behind the new manager. Heard about a potential link-up with Spanish players, and Ashley Grimes was well liked by Holden at Walsall - but let's just see what happens...

Thanks for passing on the info mate. Ignore these lot and keep it coming.

Hopefully he is a doer more than a talker...struggle to see how he could inspire me pre match...dull as dishwater.

Really struggling to get my head around this one...is he really the bet option we had?!

The only thing that makes sense to me is if he is a stop gap for 12 months until the stand revenue comes in and we can afford and attract a better appointment!

Listen to LJ's interviews , exactly the same !!!

First interview i heard of his on radio i thought we had signed a 14 year old ?

Its difficult to inspire someone who has already decided you are a useless :censored: before a word has even left your lips.

The amount of times the members get things so wrong about players/managers on this board is unreal. A player is judged before he has kicked a ball every season. You would think some would learn and just see what happens because if he is a success you all be singing his :censored:in name!

We have had some dour sounding managers who didn't do too bad, Jimmy Frizzell and John Sheridan spring to mind.

Actions speak louder than words they say.

Its difficult to inspire someone who has already decided you are a useless :censored: before a word has even left your lips.

The amount of times the members get things so wrong about players/managers on this board is unreal. A player is judged before he has kicked a ball every season. You would think some would learn and just see what happens because if he is a success you all be singing his :censored:in name!

And to be fair 9 times out of 10 they are right

And to be fair 9 times out of 10 they are right

Wrong again!

Club captain Hughes got same :censored: at the season start.

Lockwood when he signed

Elokobi when he signed

All got :censored: for not being good enough. Opinions changed...

Edited by palmer1

That's not evidence of "thousands in cancelled season tickets"

In fact there's no evidence in that there's been any cancelled so far ...

There might be in the future, there might not be. But until we see what happens ....

After the initial shock and listening to Kelly a few may be changing their mind, I'm in limbo at the moment, a big early signing might just tip the scales his way, a fire sale won't.

Wrong again!

Club captain Hughes got same :censored: at the season start.

Lockwood when he signed

Elokobi when he signed

All got :censored: for not being good enough. Opinions changed...

Eh?? Elkobi got a heroes welcome and the feeling on Lockwood was indifferent at worst...clutching at straws there

Without wishing to offend the Daily Mail, I'd personally be more offended if he called Thatcher a legend. We all have our political perspective and he's perfectly (and understandably in the circumstances of losing a family member the way he did) entitled to his. As long as his political views don't affect his decision making, by for instance not playing our Northern Irish under 21 international, I frankly couldn't give a toss.

Eh?? Elkobi got a heroes welcome and the feeling on Lockwood was indifferent at worst...clutching at straws there

Lockwood when signed from non league got slated as being too old. Just the fact he was at a non league was an issue.

Elokobi got a heroes welcome!? Rubbish. People grew to like him.

Tarky and Eardley Taylor are 3 players members of this board didn't rate above other squad members.

Whittiker better than Wellens poll....

As long as his political views don't affect his decision making, by for instance not playing our Northern Irish under 21 international, I frankly couldn't give a toss.

He played for NI under 21s. As with Neil Lennon captaining them it is as clear a statement as you can get that he isn't a bigot.