New Manager thread.

Guest Stanley30

Jesus!! Are you knobbers still winging about this, 157 pages,seriously?

New manager, new ideas instead of the same old crap thats kept us in this division for so long. I'm glad this guys been appointed adn am looking forward to next season now. If we had gone for another failed manager I think I would have pulled my hair out. In Corney we trust!

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I never said that I had asked for a refund. What I did say was that 3 of us decided after the game on Sunday to buy RRE season tickets but have now agreed not to do so after the cheap managerial appointment therefore costing the clubs cashflow £1000 this month. I suggested that we were not the only ones!

You did try to tell me to stop posting even though you didnt understand the point.

I never said that I would not be going, just that my money was staying in my pocket for now and Mr Corney shouldnt moan about it!

Get them ST's bought, money up front is what the club deperately needs.

The reason we can't tempt the likes of Dowie is because he would demand double the salary and a big transfer budget which we are unable to give him due to FFP.

It has been said that the higher budget will not kick in this season. Therefore I believe SC has taken one of his punts to nothing on Kelly.

If Kelly proves himself a success this coming season, the higher budget will be his to spend the following season (with less risk than giving it to a novice)

On the flipside to that if Kelly fails to impress the higher budget can then be given to a Dowie type or more proven manager.

Quite a smart punt imho.

Its very poor article in tone and hordes of fans???? really. He will have to toughen up his defence as we all know what stick our managers can get.

It made me wonder what the smallest horde can be. They didn't report hordes of fans sitting in the Rocky the other Sunday

As mentioned in the link in post #3145, the rarely-wrong Chron reported that Darren Kelly’s uncle, Michael Kelly, was shot dead by paratroopers on ‘Bloody Sunday’ in January 1972. That was seven years before Darren Kelly was born.

Michael Gerald Kelly was aged 17 and shot in the stomach, while standing near the rubble barricade in front of Rossville Flats in Derry’s Bogside during a civil rights march. Two investigations into the massacre found that all those shot were unarmed, and that the killings were both “unjustified and unjustifiable”. In 2010, David Cameron made a formal apology on behalf of the UK.

If you go to Derry/Londonderry, you may find it interesting to visit the Free Derry Museum and listen to a first-hand account of ‘Bloody Sunday’ from the Museum’s Education and Outreach Office, John Kelly, the brother of Michael. John’s son Niall played the part of Michael in Jimmy McGovern’s award-winning dramatized account of ‘Bloody Sunday’.

As mentioned in the link in post #3145, the rarely-wrong Chron reported that Darren Kelly’s uncle, Michael Kelly, was shot dead by paratroopers on ‘Bloody Sunday’ in January 1972. That was seven years before Darren Kelly was born.

Michael Gerald Kelly was aged 17 and shot in the stomach, while standing near the rubble barricade in front of Rossville Flats in Derry’s Bogside during a civil rights march. Two investigations into the massacre found that all those shot were unarmed, and that the killings were both “unjustified and unjustifiable”. In 2010, David Cameron made a formal apology on behalf of the UK.

If you go to Derry/Londonderry, you may find it interesting to visit the Free Derry Museum and listen to a first-hand account of ‘Bloody Sunday’ from the Museum’s Education and Outreach Office, John Kelly, the brother of Michael. John’s son Niall played the part of Michael in Jimmy McGovern’s award-winning dramatized account of ‘Bloody Sunday’.

All of which makes it highly unlikely he's "not political"

I would be.....

I really think that it's time to shelve the political side of things here.

Northern Ireland and all that's gone with it is woefully depressing and complex.

People have different feelings and thoughts on it - fair enough.

Can we not just move past that and get on with rowing about the one thing that has us all here in the first place - the football!

I really think that it's time to shelve the political side of things here.

Northern Ireland and all that's gone with it is woefully depressing and complex.

People have different feelings and thoughts on it - fair enough.

Can we not just move past that and get on with rowing about the one thing that has us all here in the first place - the football!

+1

• 2 weeks later...

Stevenage in talks with Teddy Sheringham about becoming their new manager.

A team in the division below us, with equally (if not more..) modest resources are looking to appoint a former international footballer with experience of coaching Premiership players....

...just an observation.