New Manager thread.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But we were in and around the play offs always being that win away from it. Look at us now 3 points off our usual position of 16th.

And if the run under Johnson had continued as it was going (nothing to suggest it wouldn't ) then we would be about where we are now in the table.

Again, it was 16 points in the previous 13 and an FA Cup defeat, all with a pretty settled team, nobody was calling Johnson out for that run

But that wasn't Johnson's entire record. Holden's 13 in 13 is all we have to go on. Irrespective of injuries, it's relegation form and, for me, such form over nigh on a third of a season doesn't justify being given a go on a permanent basis.

One thing for sure is that the silence coming from the directors and chairman is deafening!!!!

Would it be to wrong for them to come out once a week, with an update instead of all this guesswork from the fans and media.

They don't have to mention any names, just that interviews are taking place talks are on going etc. etc.

But that wasn't Johnson's entire record. Holden's 13 in 13 is all we have to go on. Irrespective of injuries, it's relegation form and, for me, such form over nigh on a third of a season doesn't justify being given a go on a permanent basis.

Point I'm making is that the rot had set in with this group of players long before Holden took over, very unfair to judge him on results alone (although if you do keep in mind that we've had to play 6 of the current top 7 in that time)

He wouldn't be my first choice but we ain't getting an Adkins, McDermott or a Warburton so unless you want an hasbeen like Danny Wilson or a nomark like Yates a rookie is what we are getting.

Edited by deyres42

One thing for sure is that the silence coming from the directors and chairman is deafening!!!!

Would it be to wrong for them to come out once a week, with an update instead of all this guesswork from the fans and media.

They don't have to mention any names, just that interviews are taking place talks are on going etc. etc.

They said it was Holden to the end of the season.

The weekly statement will be quite bland.

I have said it before and i will say it again....Holden will do OK and probably keep us just above relegation through heart and desire

To really challenge in this league on the budget we have takes more brains than that and without being too disrespectful to Holden he just wont be able to deliver the expectations we have year after year...(In truth maybe no one can on our budget).

However i think the outcome is very clear on what we would get from Holden the right attitude and desire but with little end product. If Corney aspires to a safe bet of avoiding relegation then maybe he will plump for Holden...If Corney aspires to genuinely top 10 then i think he needs to recruit someone else who will cost a few more bob.,..

What has he done that is so bad?

For me if he plays the same negative line up against Peterborough win draw or lose and gets the job then I wont be renewing my season ticket. Before anyone has a go thats my prerogative based on how I see his thinking.

I know what you mean, but that would only crank of the pressure again, and they pretty much gave it to Deano to take the pressure off them whilst the search went on. I guess partly as SC is away so much.

For me if he plays the same negative line up against Peterborough win draw or lose and gets the job then I wont be renewing my season ticket. Before anyone has a go thats my prerogative based on how I see his thinking.

:pokeuu:

Here it comes BP!

I actually agree here.......whilst i love the club i want to be entertained and I want to see us go out and have a go at the opposition win, lose or draw. let teams worry bout us rather than play to blunt their strengths.

Im going to the new stand corporate meeting in the hope that i can fit something into my marketing / entertainment budget so my ST is hopefully going to bit more expensive next year.........i live in hope!!!

But wasn't he rubbish as Halifax manager? Is it acceptable to appoint someone who was sacked by Conference side Halifax in the same way it's unacceptable to appoint a manager sacked by L2 Cheltenham..?

Leeds have been :censored: this year. Off the field problems of course but I don't think he has done too well.

I reckon he could do a job for us though.

It might make sense to somebody to wait until Peterborough to announce the new Manager as that would, if the name is good, help to firm up season ticket sales. I suspect however that we will have to wait until end of May particularly if the name is not what we want to hear. To appoint anyone other than Holden that late would put us at a disadvantage of yet another manager who can't have assessed the players we have and know what to get rid of and what to keep.

I think people are over thinking this by some way. A manager is a manager is a manager, in the scheme of things they matter little at this level, look at the teams at the top of this league, the top have money then the rest are much of a muchness with a defensive lapse or striker on form on the day between them.

Latics are not that far away from a side capable of getting promoted next season, sure it wouldn't be pretty but pretty is over-rated. I'd have functional, workmanlike and effective any day of the week and turn a 0-0 into a 1-0, a 1-1 into a 2-1 or a 1-2 into a 2-2.

It might make sense to somebody to wait until Peterborough to announce the new Manager as that would, if the name is good, help to firm up season ticket sales. I suspect however that we will have to wait until end of May particularly if the name is not what we want to hear. To appoint anyone other than Holden that late would put us at a disadvantage of yet another manager who can't have assessed the players we have and know what to get rid of and what to keep.

Season tickets go on sale before the Peterborough game, I suspect there will be no rush before then.