Players linked with us

According to his Dad the fee they are looking for to sell Dennis is £35k to £40k. So about half the Philliskirk money. Depends on how committed Corney is to staying up I guess.

Given he's from round here we must be first-choice if there's an accepted offer.

A few ex-non-leaguers have made a big impression this season and the last, so the attraction of bringing in players from that level is strong. Especially given we're not going to find form players at ours or League 2 level, and we need somebody who can play well ASAP.

Just read that article. 'The likes of Oldham, Chesterfield and Hartlepool' is hardly the most convincing statement

Edited by NewBlue

According to his Dad the fee they are looking for to sell Dennis is £35k to £40k. So about half the Philliskirk money. Depends on how committed Corney is to staying up I guess.

I suspect that If we couldn't find 30K for Jamie Vardy, then 35 to 40K for this guy is absolutely out of the question.

Rather than a club for Ex (and current) Cons, I'd much rather we became known as a club that picked up players from the local area, nurtured them, and gave them a chance. Kristian Dennis being a case in point. They wont all work, but we'd only need one or two to make it.

Edited by singe

Rather than a club for Ex (and current) Cons, I'd much rather we became known as a club that picked up players from the local area, nurtured them, and gave them a chance. Kristian Dennis being a case in point. They wont all work, but we'd only need one or two to make it.

A massive flaw in our recruitment especially when you look at similar clubs to us in our area.

You won't get them all but we don't seem to get any.

A massive flaw in our recruitment especially when you look at similar clubs to us in our area.

You won't get them all but we don't seem to get any.

As in become the Peterborough of the north west? Would be happy with that.

It's a non starter the Dennis rumour Macclesfield have to cancel the loan in order for him to be sold and that's very unlikely http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/stockport-county-say-kristian-dennis-10545594

He could be sold in January, but his new club would have to wait while next season to play him..Maybe worth Latics doing just that.

In effect it's just like buying a player and loaning him back. Quite common nowadays.

Edited by BP1960

He could be sold in January, but his new club would have to wait while next season to play him..Maybe worth Latics doing just that.

In effect it's just like buying a player and loaning him back. Quite common nowadays.

Can't imagine that going down too well with Simon, somehow.

"Hey, Simon. Can I have some money now to buy a player who can't play until next season and who'll be available on a free in June anyway, please?"

Can't imagine that going down too well with Simon, somehow.

"Hey, Simon. Can I have some money now to buy a player who can't play until next season and who'll be available on a free in June anyway, please?"

Answer:"But Simon, he will be worth £30 milion in a couple of years time".

Edited by BP1960

Tarky? Coleman? Of this years 1st year pros, Edmundson & Touhy are local.

WHat I mean was a bit more of a hoovering and taking a chance.

They were our youth.

Setting up good relationships with Curzon Ashton, Mossley etc. When was the last player we took from Mossley?

Of course, some won't work (Wes Wilkinson) but worth a go.

If you look at the local youths in ou squad over the last decade, it pitiful.

Of course, we want good players more than just local, but we know they are out there, get them earlier and we can mould them.

WHat I mean was a bit more of a hoovering and taking a chance.

They were our youth.

Setting up good relationships with Curzon Ashton, Mossley etc. When was the last player we took from Mossley?

Of course, some won't work (Wes Wilkinson) but worth a go.

If you look at the local youths in ou squad over the last decade, it pitiful.

Of course, we want good players more than just local, but we know they are out there, get them earlier and we can mould them.

I remember when Eamon O'Keefe was at Mossley many moons ago and Latics could have got him for peanuts, the next season he went to Everton and became a full ROI international.

Leo Skeete was at Mossley too at the time, an excellent centre forward superb in the air. No one anywhere near their ability here now. Makes you think there must be more out there in non league like them.

Edited by BP1960

I remember when Eamon O'Keefe was at Mossley many moons ago and Latics could have got him for peanuts, the next season he went to Everton and became a full ROI international.

Leo Skeete was at Mossley too at the time, an excellent centre forward superb in the air. No one anywhere near their ability here now. Makes you think there must be more out there in non league like them.

Scott Hogan comes to mind. Rochdale got near to a million for him, and he's well-travelled in Tameside non-league, playing for Hyde, Ashton and Woodley.