Manager Phone in on Radio Manchester: Monday 6pm

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"oldham, bury or rochdale wouldnt be able to sustain the expenditure of life in the championship" - Big Baz

Did he actually say this word for word...Why should we :censored:ing bother?

So essentially we have a fluke season...go up....then we're fecked either way - What a stupid thing to say. Probably true but you don't want a club representative coming out and saying this

Do you have to start every call with how long you have supported Oldham?

It's like a monty python sketch.

"Supporter since George Hardwick? Pah, luxury. I've been a season ticket holder since we were runner up in 1915. Darren, why aren't we signing a striker?"

And we are still waiting for a date for the electricity connection for the new North Stand.

Yes Baz did say we can't compete in the Championship - we need to adjust our expectations.

Daz is not aware of any approaches for our players - did I hear that right.

They decided on a formation should Kelly miss the game, Philly and Dieng defensive midfield, and then when he became available stuck with it replacing Dieng with Kelly and then Mills with Dieng after the warm up injury.

Can't sign anybody until someone leaves - oh hold on subject to medical we are signing another midfield player!

We work hard in training

Cassidy is injured

They don't have a clue when the stand will be ready

BO - working hard on players going out

DK - isnt aware of any players leaving

Pretty much sums it up.

I think that phone in has confirmed what we all ready know. One of them is cluless on the business of football clubs and one is clueless on the business of football teams

And neither should represent our club on a radio phone in

Would like to be a flie on the wall in their car on the way home

I really do despair

Won't stop going , but wtf

And we are still waiting for a date for the electricity connection for the new North Stand.

Yes Baz did say we can't compete in the Championship - we need to adjust our expectations.

Daz is not aware of any approaches for our players - did I hear that right.

They decided on a formation should Kelly miss the game, Philly and Dieng defensive midfield, and then when he became available stuck with it replacing Dieng with Kelly and then Mills with Dieng after the warm up injury.

Can't sign anybody until someone leaves - oh hold on subject to medical we are signing another midfield player!

Why the :censored: does he think philliskirk should be a holding midfielder? ... For what it's worth I don't really rate him but if he's playing.... He's a striker! He's slowly going further and further back, he'll be in net next week.

I'm not sure what Darren Kelly could have said really other than we want to play attacking football and are working on it in training. What else is there to say?

But for Barry to not be able to field the obvious stand question was ridiculous. They shouldn't have been on the show at all if it's still an open ended thing.

All a bit over critical lads!

Thought the questioners put over what we all wanted to say; why not more expansive, why so few shots, why no big striker, why no big centre back? Were we really going to get specific answers to those questions? No, but they are certainly aware of what the fans think now so well done to the callers. This site seems to be for all the moaners now, is it not cool to be bit positive any more? where are the happy clappers?

Barry Owen, and his all round condescending tone, lack of PR skills, and complete disregard for fans' views on their club and the direction it goes in, genuinely angers me.

I don't know why this clown continues to be allowed to speak on such a public platform - if its not Ched Evans then it's Latics not being able to sustain themselves in the championship - and its just :censored: after :censored: that we don't need, or want, to hear.

Kelly also sounds like a cliche-driven, no-mark with very little to say in the bigger decisions at the club regarding personnel, and I don't care whether we're still unbeaten, Walsall aside the football has been negative, turgid, and the complete opposite of what Kelly promised. His obsession of saying Cassidy is injured was utterly ridiculous.

Finally - they sound like they don't have a clue when the stand will open. It's a joke.

So essentially we have a fluke season...go up....then we're fecked either way - What a stupid thing to say. Probably true but you don't want a club representative coming out and saying this

Barry letting confirmation of this kind of thinking slip explains so, so much.

False economies on a grand scale.

He said if we went up we wouldn't be able to afford Championship players wages anyway....

But there'd be increased TV money, increased prize money, we'd get bigger transfer fees, there'd be bigger gates and - most of all - an outside chance that we do a Burnley or a Blackpool and strike gold....

FFS.

I've pretty much always backed Corney but we seriously need new ownership if this is the mentality....

Basically we could do a Yeovil Town.

I'm not sure what Darren Kelly could have said really other than we want to play attacking football and are working on it in training. What else is there to say?

But for Barry to not be able to field the obvious stand question was ridiculous. They shouldn't have been on the show at all if it's still an open ended thing.

Agree, the stand was the money shot tonight.