David Dunn takes interim charge

Maybe the fans were wrong to get him to change formation, but any good manager who believes in themselves wouldn't change formation based on fans complaining. If he did change it based on fans complaining then he isn't strong enough to be a football manager.

If the players on the other hand were asking about the formation then its a bit different.

Mentioned it on a thread when he was sacked the other week, apparently he fell out with Corney before start of the season when he wanted to bring his mate in to do TP's job and Corney told him where to go.

Also not the sharpest tool in the box supposedly...

He could have just said he 'didn't give a monkeys' what the fans think. I'm sure that would have gone down well.

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you mean good as in well attended or good as in those who have attended have been very supportive, or maybe something else - like support from the Chairman?

I meant it in the sense that those who attend games offer plenty of support and encouragement, even during Kellys reign the support he and his team got was generally positive, it got a little toxic late in the game against Posh granted.

I meant it in the sense that those who attend games offer plenty of support and encouragement, even during Kellys reign the support he and his team got was generally positive, it got a little toxic late in the game against Posh granted.

He was getting nonsense like "go back to managing 9-yr olds" shouted at him from the main stand during the Shrewsbury game - that was 3 games into the season.

By one or two people out of a few thousand?

Several were at it shouting stuff. After barely a handful of games. Let's not pretend that's all that happened tho...I've never known us to play a Yorkshire team and only sing the "I'm a bastard" song once (in the 87th minute.) That Bradford game fans were just waiting (some hoping) for it to go wrong...at that point we were unbeaten in the league.

From the OAFC site.....

The gaffer stated in his post match interview on Saturday that he aimed to bring more players into the football club and he managed that with the signing of Michael Higdon.

However, he still has his sights on more incomings and potential outgoings: We need to shuffle a few things, Dunn admitted. I want a couple more players, Im not going to lie.

We are one or two away from being really competitive and if we can do that then we will be there or there abouts at the end of the season.

Doesn't sound like the actions of an 'interim' manager to me.

Steve Evans is now available.

This is a whole new topic. ...would we have the fat :censored:??

Be way out of our price range, add to that he is his own man and wouldn't have Owen and Co trying to meddle in first team affairs and its fair to say we wouldn't be a good match.

Good article on him from their local paper.

Ronnie Moore gets a mention too

http://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/rotherham/video-rotherham-united-reign-of-steve-evans-1-7484836