New Manager Thread [Mergomatic Active]

Well finally the person no one knew anything about has surfaced and looks set to be the next person to walk away when they sit him down and acquaint him with the facts of life re Latics. I hope he was one of the 102 who applied so we can smirk when they say he was the outstanding candidate should they decide to lie about the facts of life re Latics in order to keep him here until Christmas.

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another applicant (Pemberton) has turned us down apparently.

I thought we had five or so in the interview process where surely salary etc would be discussed ... or even sounded out to each applicant before the process began.

Therefore I beg the questions; why are applicants turning us down and why is the selection process seemingly one of desperation and indecision?!

If we offered Evans a decent wedge that was supposedly accepted then has that be retracted and replaced with significantly less? Or is it the playing budget or uncertainty over the future if club, club hierarchy?! Our sights drop day by day with suggestions were offering one then another then another the role of manager.

Whilst uncertainty lingers at the helm we stumble on into the new season only weeks away.....

Sunday league clubs are more prepared and organised than our club - less than ten players on the books turning up for fitness training and most not even able to be kitted out in club training gear.

Another day goes by, another player departure with Wilson turning us down for Sheffield United. Murphy not even present and suggestion he's off to Crawley.

The silence from the club is now embarrassing for a supposedly professional club in the third tier of professional football

According to twatter and made its way to facetube...

Shirtliff has resigned!

I think it comes from the guy that said Evans was signed and done. Make of that what you will.

Edited by palmer1

Shirtliff has resigned!

I think it comes from the guy that said Evans was signed and done. Make of that what you will.

Don't worry DEyres says everything is going to be OK as we will get a starting 11 in, in time.

Don't worry DEyres says everything is going to be OK as we will get a starting 11 in, in time.

We will...

Why do so many need people to agree with them on every issue?

Edited by palmer1

Shirtliff has resigned!

"that guy" has blocked me because I questioned why he deleted his "Pemberton has signed" tweet from earlier.

Warnock's not going to work under a DoF.

Robinson fits the profile for appointments (Sheridan excluded) over the last few years. He'd also fit in under SOD. There seems to be a lot of positive things that have been said about him. I'd give him a chance.

Just get him in, FFS.

Sorry but I put that rubbish about Warnock on twitter, just to prove how easy it is to get people to believe anything, which is why all the talk about various different managers should be taken with a pinch of salt.sorry if I raised folks hopes for 5 minutes

Sorry but I put that rubbish about Warnock on twitter, just to prove how easy it is to get people to believe anything, which is why all the talk about various different managers should be taken with a pinch of salt.sorry if I raised folks hopes for 5 minutes

All taken with a pinch of salt, it just adds to the farce.

I guess its Ryan Giggs after all....sorry pass the salt.

Edited by BP1960

Is it just me who'd be happier with Robinson than Kuqi ?

Done a bit of reading up on Robinson and I'm quite impressed . Good reputation in regards of coaching & just been first team coach in the euros for a N.I squad who got out of their group before being unlucky against the Welsh ( Also part of staff that guided them impressively in qualifying ).

Assistant manager at Motherwell so I'm assuming he's got good contacts / knowledge in Scotland , add to that he seems to have good links with Bournemouth going off his Twitter account.

After watching an interview with him on YouTube I think he's someone who could get the fans onside , talks well and is not as dour as some of our recent managers.

Couple this with SOD's contacts and Shirtliffs input and there could be room for some optimism .

Oh :censored:, you've just jinxed him now!

Shirtliff has resigned!

His record is getting worse, he seems to be fed some stories. The ironic thing is, it would be the least surprising thing in the world if Shirtliff went. He was really biffed up on the website, as if they were trying to keep him on side. I suggested Shirtliff on Day 1, and only Evans made me think differently

His record is getting worse, he seems to be fed some stories. The ironic thing is, it would be the least surprising thing in the world if Shirtliff went. He was really biffed up on the website, as if they were trying to keep him on side. I suggested Shirtliff on Day 1, and only Evans made me think differently

the fact he deletes tweets when he's claimed something to be a done deal should give you an idea of his credibility.