New Manager Thread [Mergomatic Active]

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Matt Chambers reckons he had a strong tip that the job was Pembertons this morning, but this Steve Robinson's name is the one being circulated at the club now.

so all we can do is wonder why Pemberton chose not to take it, or that we'd prefer Robinson? the mind boggles tbh!

Matt Chambers reckons he had a strong tip that the job was Pembertons this morning, but this Steve Robinson's name is the one being circulated at the club now.

I am fairly sure Andrew Foys tweeet was the start of all that, and yet it could have been Turnbull he saw.

Jesus wept, from Evans to Robinson?

We really have sunk.

Although it is a comedown, it seems daft to exclude O'Driscoll from the comparison as it clearly marked a change of tact. I personally would have been delighted with O'Driscoll as manager but we'll see in the coming months how much weight is behind his appointment. If he's off at the first sniff of another job then fair enough but I'm clinging to the hope there's some long term planning in place.

Why the hell don't they give it to Shirtliff with help from SOD? At least until they find the right man.

It's mental.

That's a management team pretty much all of us would be ok (many very happy with) with yet they've somehow contrived to do......whatever the :censored: this is.....

I'd prefer S'Od manager, Shirtliff assistant, Robinson first team coach (or both assistants - why not?) ...

Yet we somehow at best have reservations and, at worst are boiling piss, over the same 3 blokes in a different order :lol:

Edited by HarryBosch

Is it just me who'd be happier with Robinson than Kuqi ?

Done a bit of reading up on Robinson and I'm quite impressed . Good reputation in regards of coaching & just been first team coach in the euros for a N.I squad who got out of their group before being unlucky against the Welsh ( Also part of staff that guided them impressively in qualifying ).

Assistant manager at Motherwell so I'm assuming he's got good contacts / knowledge in Scotland , add to that he seems to have good links with Bournemouth going off his Twitter account.

After watching an interview with him on YouTube I think he's someone who could get the fans onside , talks well and is not as dour as some of our recent managers.

Couple this with SOD's contacts and Shirtliffs input and there could be room for some optimism .

Done a bit of reading up on Robinson and I'm quite impressed . Good reputation in regards of coaching & just been first team coach in the euros for a N.I squad who got out of their group before being unlucky against the Welsh ( Also part of staff that guided them impressively in qualifying ).

Assistant manager at Motherwell so I'm assuming he's got good contacts / knowledge in Scotland , add to that he seems to have good links with Bournemouth going off his Twitter account.

After watching an interview with him on YouTube I think he's someone who could get the fans onside , talks well and is not as dour as some of our recent managers.

Couple this with SOD's contacts and Shirtliffs input and there could be room for some optimism .

Yes. I think he's more likely to be another LJ than another Dazzler...

I'd still have preferred Pemberton though

Why the hell don't they give it to Shirtliff with help from SOD? At least until they find the right man.

Because, according to someone on Twitter Shirtliff has walked today and it wouldn't surprise me one bit if it's true!

*opens thread, scan reads posts, realises we still have no idea who is going to be the focus of our disgruntlement next season, shakes head, closes browser*

Oh we know who the target is going to be...

Perhaps Robinson working under SOD and alongside Shirtliff then yes I'd be fine with that to start with infact why isn't this happening?

If SOD does wants a long term DOF role just tell him to be the interim manager now get the team together and prepared for the season use his contacts sign some players then in maybe 12 months (incoming horrible football cliche) Move upstairs.

Right now we are in danger of destroying this season before its started.

It's mental.

That's a management team pretty much all of us would be ok (many very happy with) with yet they've somehow contrived to do......whatever the :censored: this is.....

I'd prefer S'Od manager, Shirtliff assistant, Robinson first team coach (or both assistants - why not?) ...

Yet we somehow at best have reservations and, at worst are boiling piss, over the same 3 blokes in a different order :lol:

I think the relentless amount of :censored: the fans have ensured the past 18 months kind of gives us a right to have reservations.

There was a short lived sense of stability for about a month of Shez securing safety and being linked with other jobs before finally :censored:ing off to league two. Before and after that has all been a shambles. You can't criticise fans if there's an ongoing sense of pessimism or apathy surrounding the club at the minute. I'm still glad we stayed up and I'm still riding that a high a little, because lord knows how the :censored: we'd be coping in this scenario heading into league two, I still can't believe some fans suggested it'd be good for us.