New Manager Thread [Mergomatic Active]

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bit unfair. Evans agreed terms and then decided he didn't want it. If he kept to what he agreed with us then he would of been appointed a couple of weeks ago.

Since Evan rejecting us it has been a shambles granted.

Its been a shambles since we sold LJ with a brief respite before we sold Shez

Well I'm sure SC did not want Shez to leave and can hardly be faulted for Evans stringing us along

If the set up is right then the wait would be worth it. Do we really want to go down the route that brought us Kelly again?

When do you stop defending Corney, appointing Holden whem LJ left , appointing Kelly then Dunne, it is a catalouge of major errors.

Out of interest why did Sheridan leave?

When do you stop defending Corney, appointing Holden whem LJ left , appointing Kelly then Dunne, it is a catalouge of major errors.

Out of interest why did Sheridan leave?

He has no idea... and neither do you.

Don't know if you were around when Frizzell was sacked and replaced by Royle ...people then were saying it was a shambles Edited by Ackey

"a lot of movement."

​I can reveal that i had a lot of movement this morning. Only just made it before i exploded on the toilet. My bowels are far more active than the club's recruitment drive.

Thought i'd share that one.

Thanks BFJ, a lovely story. It was enough to give my diarrhoea the :censored:s

Don't know if you were around when Frizzell was sacked and replaced by Royle ...people then were saying it was a shambles

Nah that wasn't a shambles. That was just a lead up to the real shambles of selling Stan and replacing him with some nondescript from City. Edited by Ackey

Betting market back up on betvictor, pemberton at 25/1 if your quick. Money gone on Steve Robinson in the last 5mins (whoever he is?) who wasn't even on the market when it first opened but has gone straight in to favourite.

Steve Robinson 1/1

Paul Dickov 4/1

Frankie Bunn 6/1

Steve Evans 6/1

Iain Dowie 10/1

Neil Redfearn 12/1

Ryan Giggs 12/1

Sammy Lee 12/1

Alan Irvine 16/1

Alex Mcleish 16/1

Billy Davies 16/1

Curtis Woodhouse 16/1

Nigel Adkins 16/1

Dean Holdsworth 20/1

Dean Saunders 20/1

Gary Taylor-Fletcher 20/1

Jimmy Phillips 20/1

Lee Carsley 20/1

Mark Wright 20/1

Mark Robins 20/1

Matt Williams 20/1

Michael Appleton 25/1

Micky Adams 25/1

Neil Adams 25/1

Paul Ince 25/1

Paul Jewel 25/1

Paul Scholes 25/1

Peter Shirtliff 25/1

Phil Nevile 25/1

Rick Holden 25/1

Steve Cotterill 25/1

Steve Thompson 25/1

Tony Philliskirk 25/1

Uwe Rosler 25/1

Warren Feeney 25/1

John Pemberton 25/1

Edited by Gaz_Oafc

Don't know if you were around when Frizzell was sacked and replaced by Royle ...people then were saying it was a shambles

I was. And I wasnt.

I dont think that you can even begin to compare how OAFC was run then compared to now

Edited by ChaddySmoker

From a Bristol City fan on another forum:

"If you've got Pembo coming in, you've got a good one. I can understand him leaving but, as JJH said, I'm gutted. He's a fine coach, a genuinely nice fella and plays good football. He also knows how to keep the fans 'onside' and speaks his mind. Many City fans put alot of our recovery last season down to JP (and Wade Elliott) after they took over, temporarily, from Cotterill and changed our formation. Suddenly, we started winning.

My lasting memory of Pembo at our place will be him striding across the pitch at Craven Cottage thumping his chest to 5,000 celebrating Cidereds after our late win there. He is very popular among our support.
He deserves a chance as a no 1 and I would like to think he came close to getting our job before LJ got it.
Good luck to Pembo, he will always get a great ovation at the Gate. I can't speak highly enough of the bloke."

AND THEN:

http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/john-pemberton-set-for-bristol-city-stay-despite-being-linked-with-oldham-athletic-job/story-29478454-detail/story.html

:omg:

Edited by Simpo

Dear Messrs Keegan and Chambers

Stop being so lazy. Finding out the latest news from OWTB is ridiculous. We make it up as we're going along. You're not supposed to do that. I suggest you actually get some contacts inside the club.

Really!!!

I've come to the conclusion our local journo's know absolutely :censored: all.....

In fairness to them, Latics are a small club - so there's less choice of contacts to make, and less chance that there's going to be someone within the club who'll brief someone on the outside. Plus, in the case of this managerial search, I don't think the club knew what they were doing most of the time, hence the constantly changing line in the reporting.

If there's feck all going on, there's feck all to report.