New Manager Thread [Mergomatic Active]

We will...

Why do so many need people to agree with them on every issue?

You miss my point...there is plenty more wrong at the club than simply getting 11 players together before the start of the season...we are supposed to be a professional football club

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was that the rumble of thunder?

No,probably the sound of thousands of departed Latics fans turning in their graves at the debacle that their beloved football club has become.

R.I.P.

Everyone has different levels as to what they can accept of their football club...those who are comfortable in the current position we are in are definitely in the minority.

Even if we scramble together a squad and a manager before the start of the season, the board are taking the piss out of the loyalty of the fans. Where is the identity of the club we haven't had for so long? If they had stripped the squad to bear bones at the start of summer, appointed a new manager with a clear vision and made it clear to the fans that we were having a fresh start then fine. But we are heading into this season still blindfolded and they expect fans to accept it and support them? They can f*** off.

I expect criticism for my views but how long does this continue to happen where the club keep testing fan loyalty for so many till they pass breaking point and are lost.

Edited by Blue_Guru

Rick Holden's just posted on Facebook that the club didn't even acknowledge his application.

Piss poor that a club legend wasn't even listened to. Granted he hasn't all the badges but he has experience as assistant manager to Stitch at this level.

The bloke genuinely cares about the club, would have recruited and planned for attractive, attacking football from the wings and been a breath of fresh air in interviews and on the touchline. He claims to have had plans outside his role on financing the club too.

We could do a lot worse and I for one would have given Tricky time to succeed in the role and I'm certain the majority of the fans would too. In fact I think it would get some extra back in to watch with Tricky at the helm.

Just more evidence of the boards contempt, lack of awareness of us fans and most likely afraid to be overshadowed by a character such as Rick....most probably didn't know who he was when they got his CV!

Rick Holden's just posted on Facebook that the club didn't even acknowledge his application.

Piss poor that a club legend wasn't even listened to. Granted he hasn't all the badges but he has experience as assistant manager to Stitch at this level.

The bloke genuinely cares about the club, would have recruited and planned for attractive, attacking football from the wings and been a breath of fresh air in interviews and on the touchline. He claims to have had plans outside his role on financing the club too.

We could do a lot worse and I for one would have given Tricky time to succeed in the role and I'm certain the majority of the fans would too. In fact I think it would get some extra back in to watch with Tricky at the helm.

Just more evidence of the boards contempt, lack of awareness of us fans and most likely afraid to be overshadowed by a character such as Rick....most probably didn't know who he was when they got his CV!

I'm sure all clubs get a lot of Neville nobody's making an application for a managers position - typical latics that they treat with contempt an application from a former club legend but get blown away by a power point application from a Sunderland under 8 coach

I'm sure all clubs get a lot of Neville nobody's making an application for a managers position - typical latics that they treat with contempt an application from a former club legend but get blown away by a power point application from a Sunderland under 8 coach

Apart lot of people wanted holden. What contacts will he still have in the game? What experience does he have in the last 15 years?

Didn't he say he was going to apply the last time there was a vacancy as well? Shortly after spending a few evenings calling his boss-to-be a :censored: all over the place. And he talks utter :censored:e. Loved him as a player...

We went into the 2003-04 season, after the Chris Moore apocalypse in a better shape with a better long-term plan than what we seem to have at the moment. The club aren't doing anything to quell suggestions there aren't huge, huge problems behind the scenes.

Embarrassing really. Even the "Hold on, we're preparing a fitting tribute" not-news piece on the website makes me cringe. The message to me, a supporter, is ":censored:! A legend has died. We'll have to do something. But WHAT?!"

Tbf most companies no longer acknowledge applicants that dont make the interview stage. Why should Latics be any different?

Also the interview process hasn't even finished yet, so why would they tell anybody thanks but no thanks yet when they keep having to go back to the list of applicants.

The club may have treated Holden's application poorly, but I find it bizarre that some seem disgusted that Robinson would be considered given his lack of experience yet convinced that Holden would do well - with even less experience. I don't want a character managing the team, I want someone good at it.

Anyway, everyone ready to get their meltdown on today?

Tbf most companies no longer acknowledge applicants that dont make the interview stage. Why should Latics be any different?

Also the interview process hasn't even finished yet, so why would they tell anybody thanks but no thanks yet when they keep having to go back to the list of applicants.

This is true, but I do know for certain that Latics had never got back in touch with Frankie Bunn after his interview...

I'm of the old school, in my days all job applications received a typewritten acknowledgement, it's far easier to reply now with mail merge and emails. Its just sheer laziness and contempt not to politely acknowledge all applications.

Edited by BP1960

I actually think it's better to be a blackpool fan at the minute... At least he is open and honest about what he is doing and fans know where things stand and what to expect and can vote to stick with it or not

That's a fair point, the radio silence only fuels anger and conspiracy theories.

I'm sorry, i understand there has to be a certain amount of discretion but they are taking the p**s now, little over a month until the season begins and STILL the fans have no clue as to what the hell is going on,we know we have no team and no manager but heres an idea SIMON, hows about a LITTLE bit of info for the FANS -

I will say this, i have no faith in Corney and my posts down the years reflect this, what i willl say is you are ENDORSING everything i have said about you and more, why does no-one want to come here simon? All smokes and mirrors, just as SIMON likes it..

It's just common courtesy regardless of the applicant. However if a club legend applied then you think the hierarchy would at least reply to Holden and Bunn with a 'thanks but no thanks'

Holden said he had a proposal that would help the club financially. To be dismissive just emphasises the arrogance and contempt of the current board. If they were smart they could have extracted a PR opportunity out of this but I'm not surprised it's missed as this board couldn't run a bath let alone a professional club...incompetence after incompetence

It's just common courtesy regardless of the applicant. However if a club legend applied then you think the hierarchy would at least reply to Holden and Bunn with a 'thanks but no thanks'

Holden said he had a proposal that would help the club financially. To be dismissive just emphasises the arrogance and contempt of the current board. If they were smart they could have extracted a PR opportunity out of this but I'm not surprised it's missed as this board couldn't run a bath let alone a professional club...incompetence after incompetence

Absolutely , the clubs rotten, main problem is at the top, but we are truly stuck with him/them.

We are all feeling the same but what on earth can we do?