New Manager Thread [Mergomatic Active]

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sure there was talk of "logistical issues" delaying the manager appointment a while back which some took to mean Dowie being out at the Euro's.

Could this not mean Robinson has been the man all along since Evans said no?

Kuqi, Pemberton et al have never been confirmed as anything other than rumour truth be told.....

Far too logical, great vats of piss to be boiled yet.

I'm sure there was talk of "logistical issues" delaying the manager appointment a while back which some took to mean Dowie being out at the Euro's.

Kuqi, Pemberton et al have never been confirmed as anything other than rumour truth be told.....

No chance especially when we openly admitted we had agreed personal terms with Evans only for it to fall through. We woukd have announced it months back and woukd not have had this much uncertainty.

Far too logical, great vats of piss to be boiled yet.

And 100% wrong according to Matt Chambers :grin:

No chance especially when we openly admitted we had agreed personal terms with Evans only for it to fall through. We woukd have announced it months back and woukd not have had this much uncertainty.

I think this was after Evans.

Regardless, I'm wrong anyway...

Nothing has been officially announced by the club yet, so still plenty of time for things to fall through, if indeed any of it is true.

Interesting that some people are saying there was nothing in the Kuqi, Pemberton rumours, but these rumours are okay and are to be believed.

Selective rumour believing ?

Seen O,Driscoll and Turnbull in elk mill McDonald's this morning having a brew must of been discussing their escape route, an absolute shambles, can understand why some fans are walking away

Or they really wanted a McDonalds breakfast.

We've all been there.

We'd like to know a little bit about you for our files
We'd like to help you learn to help yourself
Look around you all you see are Gordon Lawton's pies
Stroll around the ground until you feel at home

And here's to you, Steve Robinson

Corney loves you more than you will know, woah oh oh

Either by default or design, getting someone who has been part of getting Northern Ireland into the Euros sounds like a cracking candidate for making our team much more difficult to beat to me

"Fortress Boundary Park" back on the cards :peepwall:

Seen O,Driscoll and Turnbull in elk mill McDonald's this morning having a brew must of been discussing their escape route, an absolute shambles, can understand why some fans are walking away

I'd like to know how big the queue is at Ryder & Dutton of players looking for temporary accommodation?

Nothing has been officially announced by the club yet, so still plenty of time for things to fall through, if indeed any of it is true.

Interesting that some people are saying there was nothing in the Kuqi, Pemberton rumours, but these rumours are okay and are to be believed.

Selective rumour believing ?

It appears there was something in the Kuqi rumour, although we still can't know that for certain (Pemberton - who knows?) but all we know for definite so far is that Evans has been the only man to have actually been offered and turned down the job.....

O'Driscoll too maybe....

Edited by HarryBosch

Another rookie manager. Personally never heard of him, neither have many others by the sounds of it.

I know you can throw Johnson into the ring, but he was more well known in his playing days in and around League One in recent years.

Just because we haven't heard if him, doesn't make him a rookie. He has tons more experience than Kelly. Or Dunn.

We'd like to know a little bit about you for our files

We'd like to help you learn to help yourself

Look around you all you see are Gordon Lawton's pies

Stroll around the ground until you feel at home

And here's to you, Steve Robinson

Corney loves you more than you will know, woah oh oh

Just realised this would've been much improved if M'changama was still here. Help Youssouf...

Edited by Crusoe

Just because we haven't heard if him, doesn't make him a rookie. He has tons more experience than Kelly. Or Dunn.

But hes Northen Irish which means that he must be like Darren Kelly. 'They're all the same'

I see we have a new back-up plan. The Bench Buddy scheme! Should we fail to recruit enough players, we're going to fill the bench with kids. Great idea. I hope we charge them so we can make a profit. Who would get that income stream?

What is involved in being a bench buddy?
  • Sit on the bench before kick off - get it warmed up and amke it look full
  • Meet some of the players - won't take long (you might have to look in the mirror)
  • Official photograph taken - to replace the one that traditionally includes all the players and staff
  • Appear in the following home game programme - because there won't be any players to include in any programme articles
  • Receive team sheet - and then add your name
  • Opportunity for pictures with players as they head back to the dressing room - where everyone will be given a fresh orange and some jelly and ice cream

The more I hear, the more I'm willing to get on board with the appointment. My only problem with a rookie manager is the time it'll take him to get going. Dickov and Johnson both needed a season to make mistakes and learn how to manage a club, and the less said about Kelly/Dunn the better.

We don't have time to let another season go in the hope the manager will come good. Any sign he knows what he's doing, and Corney will accept the first bid. By then, even more fans will have had enough.

He could be amazing, but for me it's another turn in the endless League One circle that will see us finish 17th again. If we're lucky.