New Manager Thread [Mergomatic Active]

Another rookie manager. Personally never heard of him, neither have many others by the sounds of it.

I know you can throw Johnson into the ring, but he was more well known in his playing days in and around League One in recent years.

He arguably had a slightly better playing career than Johnson - a league 1 title, a 10th in the Championship and 7 international caps

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some people are rather wet. You don't announce an appointment last Friday and then a resignation the following Wednesday unless something is very wrong, things are truly as chaotic as we think or there is no money.

Some people are rather wet. You don't announce an appointment last Friday and then a resignation the following Wednesday unless something is very wrong, things are truly as chaotic as we think or there is no money.

Perhaps just a case of him being told there's a job for you here but it won't be as assistant?

As and Oldham fan born and bred in Norn Ireland I think this appointment will be great for the club. Michael Oneil had got all the praise for our excellent upturn in fortunes on the international scene. But Steve Robinson has played a major part in that not to mention him being responsible for checking out players around the lower leagues that could play for us.

As and Oldham fan born and bred in Norn Ireland I think this appointment will be great for the club. Michael Oneil had got all the praise for our excellent upturn in fortunes on the international scene. But Steve Robinson has played a major part in that not to mention him being responsible for checking out players around the lower leagues that could play for us.

And Ian Baraclough was a scout so he could have a few irons in the fire.

What a :censored:ing mess.

SoD will leave asap and then it'll be the new man and Turnbull.

Shirtliff quitting totally derails my ability to support appointing an inexperienced manager.

Don't think Turnbull will here too long.

Shirtliff quitting totally derails my ability to support appointing an inexperienced manager.

If not long term positions, what's in it for SOD and Turnbull? They could be looking for other work but instead they've taken on a short term position with us?

I expect SOD to stick around for the frantic player recruitment drive, then be on his bike. If he didn't want the manager's job, he's not going to want to hang about in his 'part of the coaching team' capacity.

I actually think Shirtliff never intended to stay. He was 'appointed' as a favour to the club while we appointed someone. He was always going to the US.

On that basis, I'd like to say thanks, Peter. That was very decent of you. Good luck with your new adventure.

I'm liking this....

I'm sure there was talk of "logistical issues" delaying the manager appointment a while back which some took to mean Dowie being out at the Euro's.

Could this not mean Robinson has been the man all along since Evans said no?

Kuqi, Pemberton et al have never been confirmed as anything other than rumour truth be told.....