New Manager Thread [Mergomatic Active]

The club may have treated Holden's application poorly, but I find it bizarre that some seem disgusted that Robinson would be considered given his lack of experience yet convinced that Holden would do well - with even less experience. I don't want a character managing the team, I want someone good at it.

Anyway, everyone ready to get their meltdown on today?

I don't think the club should go anywhere near Holden for the manager's job but I do think they should have acknowledged his application.

But, then, did the club even do anything to mark the 25th anniversary of winning Division 2 and promotion to the top flight?

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Utter shambles. I'm s sceptical about the reasons tootoo. As said, let's see where he ends up. Where does he live?

He was living in Florida before Shez rang him.

"Personal reasons" could very easily be - "we're moving back to Florida or I'm leaving you".....

I think you would have to be extremely naive to think football reasons have nothing to do with Shirtliff bailing.

Why would he say what it was for personal reasons then? I don't remember anyone else ever doing that..

Especially if he's got the hump about something or someone at the club.

Baraclough has had a decent playing career, and by the looks on Wiki, did a very good job as a manager with Sligo Rovers and a fair one at Motherwell during his brief time there.

He should bring some useful knowledge of the various leagues and hopefully fresh ideas and training methods.

Shirtliff will be a big loss, but at least it is personal reasons rather than football ones that have meant he has left the club - good luck to him.

Hopefully the end is nigh and we can move forward as a club by bringing them in as a manager and assistant, and get started on the 2016-17 season rather than dwelling on all the crap that has gone before it.

Maybe potential managers are being put off because they are being told what backroom staff they will have and not bring in your own !!!!!

Never known a club before that actually employs a DOF and other backroom staff BEFORE the manager ?

Why would he say what it was for personal reasons then? I don't remember anyone else ever doing that..

Especially if he's got the hump about something or someone at the club.

Because he might well want to come back in the future, probably when (if) the club is in a better state.

I just think it's too coincidental that he was very much a part of the future as of last week, and now suddenly he's off.

It wont be the first statement which is worded to ensure the club is not seen in a bad light (even though we have well past that point now).

I would think so.

Why the comparison?

Another rookie manager. Personally never heard of him, neither have many others by the sounds of it.

I know you can throw Johnson into the ring, but he was more well known in his playing days in and around League One in recent years.

Another rookie manager. Personally never heard of him, neither have many others by the sounds of it.

I know you can throw Johnson into the ring, but he was more well known in his playing days in and around League One in recent years.

Johnson was a fluke - a gamble that paid off. Most of them haven't.

"Former Northern Ireland international Colin Murdock is believed to have been instrumental in sealing Robinson's move to the League One club." (nicked from the article on BBC Sport website)

Is he also part of the new set up? No idea who the fella is but thought O'Driscoll was supposed to be helping land a new manager?

Edited by CaptainThunderpants

Why would he come back? He doesn't have any ties to the club and he was brought in by his mate Sheridan. He's gone for good.

It all sounds like chaos behind the scenes, a new possible manager named every day and the club are a month behind when they said they would have someone appointed. I know they don't like to be rushed but this is unacceptable. When they take their time with appointments they get it wrong (Penney, Kelly)

I'd say in the past I've been very much in support of Corney and the board, can't be easy but they're making a right mess of this. Corney has been here over 10 years now and apart from a great UNFINISHED stand we're probably in a similar position to what we were in under Chris Moore. How can a club run so prudently appear to be in such a mess?

May i be the first to pre-empt the appointment and offer a warm welcome to our new, young, bright, energetic and ambitious management team. Between them, they've built up a bit of experience over the last couple of years. Steve 'Robbo' Robinson (no relation to Peter, i hope), has a very good reputation.

Right, we can look forward to pre-season now! Well, we can when we get our Biblical flood of new players in later today, or tomorrow, certainly be weekend, possibly the middle of next week, but definitely before Millwall. Has the Northern Ireland keeper got a club?