New Manager Thread [Mergomatic Active]

Nope.

He said we were interested in bringing in Lee Carsley to replace Dunn. The Chron confirmed we were.

He said Sheridan was wanted by Bolton and Leeds. He was, but Townsend and Holdsworth disagreed about it and Cellino changed his mind.

He said we were interested in Frankie Bunn before his name had been mentioned anywhere. He has been interviewed and is the clear favourite...

can he tell us this weeks euro lottery numbers ?

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nope.

He said we were interested in bringing in Lee Carsley to replace Dunn. The Chron confirmed we were.

He said Sheridan was wanted by Bolton and Leeds. He was, but Townsend and Holdsworth disagreed about it and Cellino changed his mind.

He said we were interested in Frankie Bunn before his name had been mentioned anywhere. He has been interviewed and is the clear favourite...

Fair enough!

According to Neil Joy we are after a manager who will be capable of getting us competing at the top end of the table and a couple of weeks later it is revealed that we are having problems paying club employees their wages on time.

We are going to have to employ a new manager and at least another 12/15 players....where is the money coming from?

I hope I'm wrong but, I can't help thinking that the season ahead is going to be anything other than a complete and utter disaster!!

According to Neil Joy we are after a manager who will be capable of getting us competing at the top end of the table and a couple of weeks later it is revealed that we are having problems paying club employees their wages on time.

We are going to have to employ a new manager and at least another 12/15 players....where is the money coming from?

I hope I'm wrong but, I can't help thinking that the season ahead is going to be anything other than a complete and utter disaster!!

Not on a budget of less than last seasons £1.3m.

I agree - the Trust representative should be able to shed light on this. He would have access to our books even if he was unable to disclose details to the fans. Even a brief - I've witnessed the books and all seems well regarding budget for manager, players etc fit coming season and the P&L for the season including player wages.

I agree - the Trust representative should be able to shed light on this. He would have access to our books even if he was unable to disclose details to the fans. Even a brief - I've witnessed the books and all seems well regarding budget for manager, players etc fit coming season and the P&L for the season including player wages.

He wont be able disclose the undisclosed though, and from what they tell me on here the books won't reveal where every penny has gone.

He wont be able disclose the undisclosed though, and from what they tell me on here the books won't reveal where every penny has gone.

Not strictly correct BP.

The information that is (and that has to be) disclosed can be a great deal less than the actual information which the Company knows,

Edited by ChaddySmoker

I wouldn't be surprised if Rochdale had a higher budget.

I had answered this on a previous thread-they most certainly do have.

Some 'small clubs' have a budget for players quite surprisingly well in excess of twice ours-Not Dale by the way

Edited by ChaddySmoker

You're labouring this every penny point too much BP. By definition that would mean looking into the salary details of every employee. It's simply not happening, nor should it. I'm no expert on data protection but it would probably be illegal too.

Not strictly correct BP.

The information that is (and that has to be) disclosed can be a great deal less than the actual information which the Company knows,

As a director of the club Simon Brooke should have complete access to every piece of information.

Directors are responsible and accountable for the actions of bodies which they oversee.

There's a lot of uninformed crap on here about him only getting what Corney lets him have, so when he's vague it's not his fault. That is garbage. He has the legal right and obligation to have access and use that right.

If he's scared of using that right cos it might upset Corney, anyone sensible would wonder what Corney has to hide.

As a director of the club Simon Brooke should have complete access to every piece of information.

Directors are responsible and accountable for the actions of bodies which they oversee.

There's a lot of uninformed crap on here about him only getting what Corney lets him have, so when he's vague it's not his fault. That is garbage. He has the legal right and obligation to have access and use that right.

If he's scared of using that right cos it might upset Corney, anyone sensible would wonder what Corney has to hide.

You misunderstand me- I was following on from BP's previous posts about info a Company has to put out there in the public domain. Keep up!

You're labouring this every penny point too much BP. By definition that would mean looking into the salary details of every employee. It's simply not happening, nor should it. I'm no expert on data protection but it would probably be illegal too.

Obviously I cant change anything nowadays, I'm from an old school when bank managers combed books with a fine tooth comb. I just wonder what's to hide by not disclosing transfer fees?

No such problem with the big clubs where transfer fees are widely reported in the media, e.g. the new Man United centre back at £30m, why didn't they insist on 'undisclosed' leaving the fans guessing ?

You misunderstand me- I was following on from BP's previous posts about info a Company has to put out there in the public domain. Keep up!

Sorry, should have made clear I was agreeing with you and (hopefully) adding to your point.