New Manager Thread [Mergomatic Active]

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well he has drifted to 1/8 ;)

And Bunn at 1/8 is pretty nailed on as far as odds are calculated and must be where the vast majority of steady money has gone. However it will be a very small betting market.......a mate of mine put £20 on Dowie earlier this week and within minutes he was into 6/4 on Skybet and is now back out to 33's.

Heard Neil Adams as had an interview...

It seems mad with him being a club legend and having coached, and even managed for a bit, in the top league but I'd be as unsure about him as I would Bunn.

Keeping Premier League players ticking over after the coacging they've had since being kids is arguably far easier than putting together & managing a bunch of lower league plodders..

Like Bunn, he looks like a coach rather than a manager.. They don't tend to work out...

Keeping Premier League players ticking over after the coacging they've had since being kids is arguably far easier than putting together & managing a bunch of lower league plodders..

....arguably you need to be more of a man-manager with the ego's of the premier league and more of a coach with our lower league plodders....?

....arguably you need to be more of a man-manager with the ego's of the premier league and more of a coach with our lower league plodders....?

I don't know - to me a lot of these Premier League kids coming through now seem to have far less ego than 5, 10, 15 years ago. The England team illustrates this - they all seem very level headed in the main, boring even.

Agree with you if you're talking about some players at the very top. Most of the Norwich players Adams managed though would likely be model pro's, young or old, to my mind...

....Most of the Norwich players Adams managed though would likely be model pro's, young or old, to my mind...

After what Sheridan managed recently, it would seem like we need a stern and strong leader.... you're probably right that Adams doesn't feel like he fits that bill..... and maybe Bunn neither.

I did see a tweet from Nick Henry in response to a Latics fans saying he was worried Bunn was a bit too Mr Nice that read, "Don't believe everything you hear"......

Wonder if he is the one ALan Nixon claims to have heard of?

"@mattbrock89 There's a new name in ... but see where it is by weekend. Time to decide."

Hasn't this Nixon fella claimed to be in the know previously and gone on to call everything wrong anyway?

Hasn't this Nixon fella claimed to be in the know previously and gone on to call everything wrong anyway?

Nope.

He said we were interested in bringing in Lee Carsley to replace Dunn. The Chron confirmed we were.

He said Sheridan was wanted by Bolton and Leeds. He was, but Townsend and Holdsworth disagreed about it and Cellino changed his mind.

He said we were interested in Frankie Bunn before his name had been mentioned anywhere. He has been interviewed and is the clear favourite...