Doncaster Rovers vs Oldham Athletic

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Kelly isn't fit and we don't bring one in then Dieng has to play midfield, playing without a dedicated holding midfielder is just a no-go these days.

Can't see him starting himself, not sure why Brown was brought back in at Burn's expense so change that.

Mills is lucky that we don't have another left back (yet to see proof that Truelove actually exists)

Dieng is our only fit RB, if we play 4 at the back (and there's no guarantee we will) I think Dieng has to play RB.

B. Wilson is injured; I can't see Brown being fit, and whilst it might work if we played 2 of Winchester/Croft/Yeates down the right I'm more inclined to think that would be an unmitigated disaster.

J. Wilson can play there, as can O'Connell but their combined record at RB makes me think we would be better playing a one legged Connor Brown there than either of them.

I struggle with you. This vendetta you have against Carl is becoming worrying...

Is it a vendetta because I dont really rate him? Lets have it right we had 11 crap players on Saturday and plenty have got loads of stick. Why does it become a vendetta against 'Carl' when Brown and Mills and Stan etc have been called crap too? Its not hard to understand when I say that it wasnt a 'fantastic' shot because it didnt go in the net. Perhaps you would like to give me a considered view of what he brings to the team and then we can move forward. Go on. Its not difficult.

Yes Doncaster is now calling!

Winchester - I simply don't get it. He is another luxury player and Dunn is by far the better option.

Darren Kelly - the best thing he has done is to show us that this lot can't play 4 4 2. 3 5 2 is a much better option if our two wide men are mobile and can and will defend.

Green - might one day step up to league 1 when he has gotten over dropping down from Everton but playing him instead of Dunn to grind out a result would be madness.

Dunn - might drop himself but I would rather he starts and bosses the team from the pitch even though fitness will take a back step to 'interim' manager (whatever that means when we aren't inviting applications). Winchester could be his replacement and do one of those 'wonderful' cameo runs due to his inability to spot a pass.

Coleman - might need shaking up by being dropped.

Stan - having seen him at Bury when he played with too much energy but still looked a threat and should have scored he should start having rested from his international duties. He was tired when he started the game Saturday so a tired performance is what we got.

Is it a vendetta because I dont really rate him? Lets have it right we had 11 crap players on Saturday and plenty have got loads of stick. Why does it become a vendetta against 'Carl' when Brown and Mills and Stan etc have been called crap too? Its not hard to understand when I say that it wasnt a 'fantastic' shot because it didnt go in the net. Perhaps you would like to give me a considered view of what he brings to the team and then we can move forward. Go on. Its not difficult.

Why did you put Carl in inverted commas? Are you insinuating that it's not his real name?

Win at Doncaster last season was the catalyst for that heady autumn, a time when we were actually excited about the next game, here's hoping for the same.

How good was that 2-0 away win? Forte tore them apart, I'll have some more of that please. Barring that forte won't be in attendance!

Why did you put Carl in inverted commas? Are you insinuating that it's not his real name?

As anyone with an O Level in English Language will know inverted commas can be quotation marks!

I was previously admonished for referring to him as Winny (no quotation marks) when I obviously wasnt an adoring fan, in whose eyes he can do no wrong.

I cannot remember the reason for the telling off, perhaps its because I am not an admirer of musical theatre????

Whatever one chooses to call him and whether quotation marks are used or not is totally irrelevant and doesnt make him a better player but you have taken us away from any footballing relevance whatsoever.

I feel Dunn works best when he is given freedom between midfield and the strikers. He has done a lot of running for a 35 year/old player, but actually relying on him to is not ideal.

He has to adopt a low risk role, where if he is out of position or covering someone else its not the end of the world because he wont necessarily get back to where he's meant to be. That said, i dont think he will pick himself.

Coleman

Dieng - O'Connel - Wilson - Mills

Croft - Jones - Winchester

Dunn

Poleon - Murphy

I'd expect Mills to get forward more often than Dieng and Croft would likely make more forward runs on the RHS. Dunn gets freedom of the width of the pitch and can support the strikers and wingers.