3rd round draw

Yes, it would, but we'd have a great day out in the city centre, an opportunity to wind them up (at least until kick-off), i would've used it as an excuse to stay at the Lowry (where i actually met van Gaal - found him to be a nice, polite man) and, above all, at least half a million in the bank.

Bastards!!!

Heard the same about Van Gaal from a lady at work whose son works for a bank who were holding their do at the Lowry. Said he really was a gentleman and witty too, he wanted to dislike him but came away thinking entirely the opposite.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heard the same about Van Gaal from a lady at work whose son works for a bank who were holding their do at the Lowry. Said he really was a gentleman and witty too, he wanted to dislike him but came away thinking entirely the opposite.

and it turns out Gary Neville is an intelligent thoughtful human being as well...

I'm still gutted. I dream of playing man united away seeing Latics at Wembley.

I have done both but feel sorry for my son who has been going for 15 years and apart from doing the scousers a few times has not seen anything like that.

Playing United away doesn't really stick out in the memory.

I think I hated them so very, very much the games were unenjoyable......

I've mellowed now. A bit. So it might be good.

Edited by HarryBosch

You reckon? Hasn't every Man United FA Cup tie been televised for over a decade?

Would have been a cert if Sheffield were at home.

Eastleigh will be on, Norwich v City, Wycombe v Villa, Spurs v Leicester, maybe Oxford v Swansea.

They'll be desperate to get Salford on but not sure they can wait for the replay.

Quote from MU fan after tonight - Now can you imagine what he would say if they were playing Latics !!!

=====

Adam: Manchester United have got Sheffield United at home in the FA Cup and I really think it will be one of our lowest attendances. Nobody will go, because we are so dull and we are going absolutely nowhere. There is nothing to be excited about and I don't think we will improve - that's why Louis van Gaal has to go.

"We gave him £250m to spend, and only our goalkeeper would interest a top side. Nick Powell wasn't even good enough for Leicester when he was there."

Eastleigh will be on, Norwich v City, Wycombe v Villa, Spurs v Leicester, maybe Oxford v Swansea.

They'll be desperate to get Salford on but not sure they can wait for the replay.

BT Sport will show it for certain. A channel like them with such weak viewing figures ain't gonna miss the opportunity to make a mark in the rankings.

Quote from MU fan after tonight - Now can you imagine what he would say if they were playing Latics !!!

Absolutely nothing to be honest, Red Issue has about 3 pages on the FAC 3rd of which hardly any are about Sheff Utd, all sandwiched between quality topics like Whoppers that will frequent the New NQ Madchester bar and Wanking in your sisters shoes.

I kid you not.

I know I'm slightly biased but surely Exeter Vs Liverpool is a shoe-in?

At least I hope so because I doubt that I'll get a ticket!

Beating them 1-0 at Boundary Park sticks in my memory

I bet I hate them more...and City too!

I hear you. I've always enjoyed games against city but my hatred for the rags runs so deep I always found playing them totally unbearable.

ps i believe they are on a run of 45 consecutive televised cup ties, so it would be quite a turn up if the next one wasn't.

5:30pm kick-off - I take it it's on telly then?

It feels like when I was a kid they picked the matches based on possible upsets or matches between 2 heavy hitters. Maybe I'm wrong.
Just in case anyone was in any doubt they pick these ties based on anything other than pure ratings... Chelsea and Man Utd at home against League 1? No Eastleigh vs Bolton, Oxford vs Swansea, Salford/Hartlepool vs Derby.
I get why they do it, they pay money for the rights so want to maximise ratings, but just another example of the sad sellout.
7.55pm Friday 8 January
Exeter City v Liverpool – live on BBC 1
12.45pm Saturday 9 January
Wycombe Wanderers v Aston Villa – live on BT Sport 2
5.30pm Saturday 9 January
Manchester United v Sheffield United – live on BT Sport 2
2pm Sunday 10 January
Chelsea v Leyton Orient or Scunthorpe United – live on BT Sport 2
4pm Sunday 10 January
Tottenham Hotspur v Leicester City – live on BBC 1