Has Simon Corney given up on us?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30801798

January 2015:

"I've had enough, it's no secret," Corney told the Oldham Chronicle. "I've been here for 12 years and I just don't have the same interest any more."

Jog on 12 months and look what state we're in. If you're working for a company and the big boss man doesn't care, what amount of effort are you going to put in?

He wants out, he probably see's relegation as a good excuse to walk away (He was quoted on that statement a couple of years ago). The players don't care what happens to Oldham Athletic, it's us the fan's who pump a :censored: load of money into it that suffers. The majority of us would love to walk away but we're like a tramps dog, loyal to a losing case.

I and I'm sure a lot of us wish for change in 2016 but in reality can you see anything changing?

To be fair he also said in the same article....

"My commitment to the club is total"

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If this is true I now hate him.

Although its not true, a different Simon Corney, I would not believe all you have read about fracking so far. It's an entirely different regulatory process and significantly more safeguards and cleaner operation that the US.

Edited by singe

I don't think Mr. Corney has lost interest at all. In fact I would say the opposite is true, if TTA's investment in the new stand is going to provide any sort of return then they need a successful football club. Nobody is going to attend corporate events at a derelict football stadium where the football club have gone to the wall!

I would imagine all the projections around match day revenue were based around Latics being in L1 with a number of local fixtures taking place, not around playing Crawley with 2.5K in attendance. I expect Mr. Blitz is giving his employee a very hard time at the moment!!!

I don't think Mr. Corney has lost interest at all. In fact I would say the opposite is true, if TTA's investment in the new stand is going to provide any sort of return then they need a successful football club. Nobody is going to attend corporate events at a derelict football stadium where the football club have gone to the wall!

I would imagine all the projections around match day revenue were based around Latics being in L1 with a number of local fixtures taking place, not around playing Crawley with 2.5K in attendance. I expect Mr. Blitz is giving his employee a very hard time at the moment!!!

2.5k is a bit optimistic

2.5k is a bit optimistic

I'd say that was about right I think we're down to people same as me who would even come if we were in conference north. People at me of I'd bother and as much as I'd like to say no I couldn't stop coming. Even though at moment this is 1st season in the 26 years I've been coming I don't look forward to it

As pissed off as I am and I have began picking and choosing away games I'll still come but a ST cannot be justified so for the first time in 25 years I'll pick and choose home games next season if we have the same austere board in league 2

Paul, you love this club more than many. Bet you have a ST next season regardless of League...

Come on, Simon, say something.

We're being cut adrift in League 1, have not won in 11 home games and the new stand is still not fully functional.

What are you going to do about it? Do you still back the manager? Are we going to have funds available in January to improve? Are you remotely arsed anymore?

I'm not saying it would reassure me or anybody else, but to hear something would at least show the club give a :censored:.

Come on, Simon, say something.

We're being cut adrift in League 1, have not won in 11 home games and the new stand is still not fully functional.

What are you going to do about it? Do you still back the manager? Are we going to have funds available in January to improve? Are you remotely arsed anymore?

I'm not saying it would reassure me or anybody else, but to hear something would at least show the club give a :censored:.

The one positive about him not going public is that he might be considering Dunn's position.

Chedgate and the five-day media goat:censored: killed his interest I reckon - what was left of it. He might have envisaged a team bumbling along in League One, a new stand bringing in steady cash, a core of support, fans behind him, the odd cup run where he got a friendly tickling on TV about his shrewd stewardship of the club etc. It's not working out like that.

I just hope he realises this window that selling players guarantees that he'll depart without fulfilling that fairly modest ambition of leaving the place in a better state than the one he found it in.

I just hope he realises this window that selling players guarantees that he'll depart without fulfilling that fairly modest ambition of leaving the place in a better state than the one he found it in.

Depends on the terms of his departure really

I have thought for several months (Kelly appointed manager, increased activity with new stand and possibly Dunn) that Corney and Co were on the brink of securing a sale. It does now appear that new owners are our only way forward. As an eternal optimist even I think the situation is dire. But, unless any new owners have plans beyond our status and expectations (unlikely) the logic of a controlled short term implosion is totally baffling.

Unless Corney and Co have got sound commercial reasons for silence in the face of adversity I think their communication with their customers is shocking.

Make of this what you will. But I've been told Blitz has been putting money in for a while now, and Corney has had enough to an extent.

As such relegation and an unfinished stand wouldn't help in terms of getting a return on said money and setting us up to be taken over.

So there could be changes afoot.

So there could be changes afoot.

Boardroom or football staff? In a funny way, given our niche managerial recruitment arrangements, it might be easier to change Corney than Dunn. Or you might have to change Corney before you can change Dunn.

I hope there aren't any stragglers out there who still think we're dealing with the normal situation whereby an underperforming manager is sacked and replaced.