Crowdfunding scoreboard

• Replies 485
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Although not exactly top of our agenda at the moment it's about time for an update.

We're almost halfway through the season and still no sign of it!!

We're waiting for feedback from Mr Corney on this one. There were options good to go but he was going to be looking at others in his latest trip to China.

Nearly a year since it was launched, no real surprise that nothings been said or happened for weeks, that's after having it rammed down our throat every day for a couple of months.

I think the clubs current plight has overshadowed what was to be a good feel factor story.

You can understand why the Trust want to be sure we are getting the best deal for the fans, the chairman has stated he might be able to do this, so let's wait and see what Santa Simon can bring.

Or I am sure once he is happy he has exhausted all the possibilities too, that he will give us his blessing with the installation.

The money is for a score board though so needs to be used that way.

Indeed but in my view it's pointless and there is no way I'd pay a penny towards it. I would contribute for Frizz and (if I understand it correctly) the fact that they have named the stand but done nothing about it is shameful

painting a name on a stand is more important than a scoreboard?

Yes, I can count.

It seems very disrespectful to Jimmy and his family to say that they are naming the stand after him and then do nothing to evidence it.

Edited by Dave_Og

painting a name on a stand is more important than a scoreboard?

No chance of that happening to the new stand. The Chaddy End roof has meant to have been emblazed in Sports Direct since we signed the deal but, well.....

As for the current plight mentioned by Underdog overshadowing this...bit like the last scoreboard fund :rolleyes:

Yes, I can count.

It seems very disrespectful to Jimmy and his family to say that they are naming the stand after him and then do nothing to evidence it.

You expect the club to do something tangible? That might involve spending money?

They'll do a fans appeal and put up a sign in 2018.