FT: Scunthorpe United 1 Oldham Athletic 1

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On me way home, happy with a point, top disco with the players when we scored, the players was gutted at the end, Gerard was kicking off with shez at the end, proper verbals, hopefully they don't feel to down about it!! Onwards and upwards

Hope it's not meaning he's on his way I heard he gave his shirt away at the end

Poor game not helped by the ref, Scunny dominated us 1st half although they were limited to a couple of chances one of which Madden should have buried, it felt like we weren't set up right and Winchester playing behind Main didn't work.

Decent 15 minute spell for us in the 2nd half but an instantly forgettable game except for the wild celebrations when we scored. Coleman had a decent game and he looked to have it comfortably covered when Dieng headed it away from him, we will never know if Coleman shouted for it although some on here will have the answer. And for future reference the parking on the verge as you turn left at the end of the M181 works a treat, got away easily after the game

Coleman was good today, wasn't stuck on his line at all, swept up well and generally good with distribution, unsure if he called for the ball for the goal but definately a defensive error leading to their goal, disappointed in the end but in hindsight a good point as we weren't great today. Absolute mental when we scored, it was close to scenes after gaz mac scored.

A song in the 2nd half summed it up for me, 'we've got our Oldham back', i'm back excited going to games again, theres no way 6 weeks ago i was going to peterborough or scunthorpe.

Just seen the goal on Sky Sports News. Looked like Gerrard was taking his frustration out on the post! Looked like a cock up between our keeper and the centre half.

Is that legal. Weren't there children in the crowd.

Great to see Gerrard cares. That's what we want. Creative tension at the end. Brilliant. It hurts. That's the way it should be.

Three wins and three draws, and still in the relegation zone. :censored:. It really shows what big job this was and still is. Still, onwards and upwards.

I see Donny are drifting back.

5 away games out of 6 - we've conceded 2 goals and taken 9 points. Always a chance of a home team nicking a late point - it's all about what we do in the next 5 out of 6 at home. Today's gone, survival is in our own hands. every one of us would have taken 7 from the last 9 points. And we have done...

Joel's a kid he'll drop bollocks but we should have been 2 or 3 down when we nicked ahead - if it wasn't for him we would have been. If the clown Cornell had kept his place, we'd be down.

Our destiny will be decided over the next month, we were pretty average today yet still took a point it could've been all three but a draw was more than fair. I'll Take that...

Don't think Gerrard would have been having a pop Coleman if he had called for it! Surely he would have been taking it out on dieng

If you watch the goal, I think it's the fact they both watch it sneak in at the near post. Brain fart from both of them. They leave it for each other...

Guest nonaenever

Missed our goal as was in the little boys' room! Gutted! We looked tired as a team today (except Palmer - where does he get his energy from?!) which is perhaps understandable given recent efforts twice a week. I honestly thought we'd see the game out and, although at the other end, you could see it was a defensive clanger that gifted them the equaliser. Some shock results around us means it is going to be a very hard battle to the end of the season. Playing just the one up top first half clearly did not work (has it ever for us?) and we looked better when Jones and Cassidy came on. Honestly feels like a defeat with it being such a late and tame equaliser but, on balance, they were admittedly the better side and deserved at least a point.

Well done to the lads and Shez for the current run. Give the players a rest until Tuesday - they clearly need it.

Run the predictor and still a tough ask. Various ones have us a point off survival. 2 dropped today really. http://www.thefishy.co.uk/calc.php one that is based on form has us survive just.

11 Sheffield Utd 46 +4 64 12 Southend 46 -1 64 13 Coventry 46 +10 63 14 Scunthorpe 46 +0 63 15 Bury 46 -13 63 16 Rochdale 46 -3 61 17 Chesterfield 46 -7 61 18 Fleetwood Town 46 +0 57 19 Shrewsbury 46 -16 51 20 Oldham 46 -15 50 21 Blackpool 46 -13 49 22 Doncaster 46 -13 47 23 Colchester 46 -38 44 24 Crewe 46 -25 43

17 Doncaster 46 -7 55

18 Oldham 46 -12 51

19 Chesterfield 46 -13 51

20 Blackpool 46 -14 47

21 Shrewsbury 46 -22 42

22 Fleetwood Town 46 -19 39

23 Crewe 46 -32 37

24 Colchester 46 -50 29

Coleman man of the match, great point move on to Tuesday.

Anybody who does not think the last 2 goals we have conceded do not demonstrate the incompetence of our keeper is living in a dream world.....even after the cock up with the cross where was the keeper for the resulting shot. Standing as it passed him at the near post.

Don't take my word for it....watch the goal and concentrate on Gerrard's reaction. Says it all

Like I say Coleman was our man of the match if you don't see that your looking for an excuse to have a pop, watched most of the highlights from today's games and theirs plenty of better defenders and keepers than ours making mistakes it happens in football, without Coleman Scunthorpe could easily of had a couple before they equalised, it's a good point time to move on to Tuesday.

Anybody who does not think the last 2 goals we have conceded do not demonstrate the incompetence of our keeper is living in a dream world.....even after the cock up with the cross where was the keeper for the resulting shot. Standing as it passed him at the near post.

Don't take my word for it....watch the goal and concentrate on Gerrard's reaction. Says it all

So we should put Cornell back in then?

I think Gerrard was a bit annoyed with his own failure to block it.

If you watch the highlights, Coleman is also intimating to Dieng that it was his ball. These things happen, a decent point we move on to Tuesday.

Edited by disjointed

He's 'scored' a few for us this week though hasn't he?