FT: Scunthorpe United 1 Oldham Athletic 1

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Anybody who does not think the last 2 goals we have conceded do not demonstrate the incompetence of our keeper is living in a dream world.....even after the cock up with the cross where was the keeper for the resulting shot. Standing as it passed him at the near post.

Don't take my word for it....watch the goal and concentrate on Gerrard's reaction. Says it all

The sort of :censored: I despise from Oldham fans. I think he's shouted yday and Dieng hasn't listened. Coleman has looked excellent in the last 2 games, bar the freak goal at Pboro, but that can happen anywhere. Do you want Joe Hart in net? A young youth team product should be getting praised for some of the fantastic stuff he does, not hounded for little errors that everyone on the pitch makes.

Thought yday we were knackered and didn't deserve the point, but from 1-0 up we looked comfortable to see it out. Why did we have a song for Curtis Main, the striker with 0 in 4, and looked like a lost puppy up top on his own? Still not having he's better than what we have. Cassidy sub swung the game for us, Dummigan and Winchester looked intimidated by their size and never got going. Great move and bounce for the goal. Shame it was created and scored by 2 players who won't be here shortly!

The sort of :censored: I despise from Oldham fans. I think he's shouted yday and Dieng hasn't listened. Coleman has looked excellent in the last 2 games, bar the freak goal at Pboro, but that can happen anywhere. Do you want Joe Hart in net? A young youth team product should be getting praised for some of the fantastic stuff he does, not hounded for little errors that everyone on the pitch makes.

Thought yday we were knackered and didn't deserve the point, but from 1-0 up we looked comfortable to see it out. Why did we have a song for Curtis Main, the striker with 0 in 4, and looked like a lost puppy up top on his own? Still not having he's better than what we have. Cassidy sub swung the game for us, Dummigan and Winchester looked intimidated by their size and never got going. Great move and bounce for the goal. Shame it was created and scored by 2 players who won't be here shortly!

Get behind our players!

Why are we getting behind one of our players?!

Like I say Coleman was our man of the match if you don't see that your looking for an excuse to have a pop, watched most of the highlights from today's games and theirs plenty of better defenders and keepers than ours making mistakes it happens in football, without Coleman Scunthorpe could easily of had a couple before they equalised, it's a good point time to move on to Tuesday.

The hypocrisy is strong with this one...

Totally agree with that.

Even after the initial error, there was no way a scruffy effort like that should have found the net from that angle.

There is a still on the Scunthorpe Facebook page of the strike just before it went in. Even after the mis-communication, there is no way it should have gone in past Lafferty, Gerrard and (I think) Dieng. Piss poor...

Two players stood out today for me being Joel Coleman who made 3 good saves and Matt Palmer who was outstanding particularly in the 2nd half

In the last 6 games we've conceded only 4 goals which shows our defensive play as a team is much improved, even more impressive when you take into account 2 of the sides were 2nd place Wigan (banging goals in against everyone) and 3rd place Gillingham.

We're playing much better, player confidence is growing and 5 of the 7 games in March are ganes we can win

Guest nonaenever

I think people are being extremely harsh here. Coleman made a couple of splendid saves yesterday and, if we are honest, we could not have complained had Scunny won 3-1 - they were the better side. For me, it's a point gained in the battle. We looked very jaded and that is going to be a problem - games are thick and fast for us in particular. If we can find a way to rejuvenate the players, we will be okay - on to Vale at home Tuesday - as Shez said - they are all cup finals now!

Is that Coleman whose let in three goals in 6 games, one of which was a worldy from 30+ yards, would any keeper at our level in any team be facing the same :censored: Coleman does of his own fans?

As for my comments coming across as hypocritical deryes I will defend players and managers who I feel are up to the task, Coleman is as good as we can hope for but your love in and defence of Dunn and Cornell still a little mystifying, for all Colemans faults he is by far the better keeper and if you look at his stats it's staggering how much better off we are with him rather than Cornell.

Just seen it on Sky, 3 players on the goal line should have been enough to prevent a goal from that angle. In my view Dieng was already committed to the header whether Coleman shouted or not is irrelevant and if he stays on his line ( like he usually does ) he would have been in a better position to stop the shot from the scorer.

We had 6 on 3 in the box and no way should we have conceded like that, Coleman is a decent keeper and a good prospect learning his trade, but it's his lack of experience that's costing us, I just don't think he's on the same wavelength as the defenders and it's a lack of trust and communication that's causing the indecision.

We've been fairly lucky as Coleman could well have cost us a goal or two lately. If we are trusting Mills to replace Lafferty I would definitely be looking to bring an experienced goalkeeper in on loan.

If we could find one, an experienced 'old head' between the sticks would definitely increase our chances of staying in this division!

Is that Coleman whose let in three goals in 6 games, one of which was a worldy from 30+ yards, would any keeper at our level in any team be facing the same :censored: Coleman does of his own fans?

As for my comments coming across as hypocritical deryes I will defend players and managers who I feel are up to the task, Coleman is as good as we can hope for but your love in and defence of Dunn and Cornell still a little mystifying, for all Colemans faults he is by far the better keeper and if you look at his stats it's staggering how much better off we are with him rather than Cornell.

The fact we have let in 3 in 6 is mostly down to Gerrard and his defensive organisational skills, i would like to think that Shirtliff's input is also a major factor. I'm not saying we would have the same record with Cornell in net, as Coleman is by far the better of the 2.

There's no love in, if Cornell was making the mistakes Coleman is making you would be all over it for days afterwards.

Keepers make mistakes, young keepers make more. Coleman is better than Cornell. That about sums it up. Do people really want Cornell back in goal? Coleman isn't perfect obviously, he plays for Oldham, bur he is much better than Cornell. He WAS our MOM yesterday. I'm guessing the people calling for his head didn't go yesterday.

Keepers make mistakes, young keepers make more. Coleman is better than Cornell. That about sums it up. Do people really want Cornell back in goal? Coleman isn't perfect obviously, he plays for Oldham, bur he is much better than Cornell. He WAS our MOM yesterday. I'm guessing the people calling for his head didn't go yesterday.

I suspect that the 'supporters' calling for his head are probably the same that slagged off Tarky in his early days too!

Coleman is going to be a very good keeper and will probably earn us loads when we sell him even though we wont be told how much

Coleman is a baby in Goalkeeping terms and should be expected to make some rookie mistakes for the next couple of years...the reality is yesterday was a breakdown in Communication of which we will never know who was at fault.

Can we stop over analysing every little detail...far less is wrong now than was 2/3 months ago. Can we try and just enjoy the heartening battle the team are now putting in?

March is going to be a deciding month and we need to spur the lads on as much as possible as they are already showing signs of burn out

Missed our goal as was in the little boys' room! Gutted! We looked tired as a team today (except Palmer - where does he get his energy from?!) which is perhaps understandable given recent efforts twice a week. I honestly thought we'd see the game out and, although at the other end, you could see it was a defensive clanger that gifted them the equaliser. Some shock results around us means it is going to be a very hard battle to the end of the season. Playing just the one up top first half clearly did not work (has it ever for us?) and we looked better when Jones and Cassidy came on. Honestly feels like a defeat with it being such a late and tame equaliser but, on balance, they were admittedly the better side and deserved at least a point.

Well done to the lads and Shez for the current run. Give the players a rest until Tuesday - they clearly need it.

How did Jones look yesterday, we really need him fit and firing? Where did he fit in?

Btw no excuse for going for a piss in the last 5 minutes of a match

If?! The reason he isn't in the team is because he couldn't stop making mistakes.

He was, also played his part in gaining us a few points earlier in the season.

Supporting players is a good thing but the same people who are happy to gloss over the Coleman errors were the first to jump on Cornell.