Sheridan - Every vacant managerial post?

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But Sheridan ­- who has just returned from a family holiday ­- is said to see the job at the League Two club as an exciting challenge. ....will see him reunited with Jason Turner, the chief executive at Meadow Lane and a figure he worked closely with in previous roles at Plymouth and Newport.

That translates to I am being given more money and I couldnt give a toss about Oldham despite me saying otherwise.

NO NO NO

Get with the program, it's all the evil overlords doing.

NO NO NO

Get with the program, it's all the evil overlords doing.

None of us truly know. That's part of the problem. The club is opaque and fans feel disconnected.

Shez has obviously made a conscious choice to :censored: us off, and Corney has made a conscious choice to let him go.

Where on the spectrum they met each other in terms of culpability is anybody's guess. Both lowered in my own eyes, albeit from very different starting points...

Probably doubled his wages as well...can't blame him really.

He had nowt to lose if he didn't keep us up as he signed a 2 and a half year deal.

If he'd stayed here with a paltry budget we'd probably have been in another relegation scrap and his chance of getting a top job would been gone for good.

This is solely down to the budget and the fact we can't even afford the pot in which to piss in!

If you think this season was a bad one you'd better prepare yourselves.....

Well, that's the last time I'm being conned into buying a Season Ticket - the mismanagement of this club is beyond belief - how Corney managed to accrue his cash continues to amaze me.

We're NEVER going to amount to anything. A slightest sniff of success and we sell at the lowest price. LJ and now JS. The rumoured 150K compo will cover the ST offer - coincidence ?

So, although I have a season ticket, unless something dramatic happens, it will be my last.

This next season could make last season look spectacularly successful :(

Been a big defender of Corney and thought he's often been used as a scapegoat unfairly.

Sheridan goes then so does all my faith in our club going anywhere but down under the current ownership.

If he does go you'll find me in the Corney out corner

Well, that's the last time I'm being conned into buying a Season Ticket - the mismanagement of this club is beyond belief - how Corney managed to accrue his cash continues to amaze me.

We're NEVER going to amount to anything. A slightest sniff of success and we sell at the lowest price. LJ and now JS. The rumoured 150K compo will cover the ST offer - coincidence ?

So, although I have a season ticket, unless something dramatic happens, it will be my last.

This next season could make last season look spectacularly successful :(

I have to agree. I feel conned, thinking he was going to be around next season, more the fool us, eh? That said, i'm clutching at those thin strands of hope that he stays and all can be forgiven.

Edited by mattyg101

Been a big defender of Corney and thought he's often been used as a scapegoat unfairly.

Sheridan goes then so does all my faith in our club going anywhere but down under the current ownership.

If he does go you'll find me in the Corney out corner

+1

I've defended Corney through all of the last few years, even after the Evans situation last year, however, this is the final straw for me...

Firmly in the Corney Out camp once Sheridan to Notts County is confirmed.

Whether or not Shez decides to go (and we have nothing but journo's reports and tweets to go on), how do we know for certain that it's 1) because of the budget, 2) Corney telling Shez porkies 3) accepting peanuts for players and managers. It's pretty much been decided that it will all be Corney's fault when we don't know what goes on in the background? If Shez wants to go, how can a Chairman keep him against his will?

Truth is, unless someone on here is in the know and can state facts (not FACT), it's pure speculation and nothing more, nothing less. There seems to be a train of thought that 1) fans/supporters have to be told everything, 2) if Shez goes, ST's will be chucked back/never bought/never going again.

I must be in the minority by thinking that, if Shez does go, I'll be disappointed and feel that we're back at square one, but it's his career and if he sees <insert club name here> as a better opportunity, he'd be daft not to take it. The one thing it won't do, is diminish my support for the club that has been in my life since I was a snotty nosed kid of 6.

Onwards and upwards.

Edited by Bristolatic

And so the slow stripping of the football clubs assets to fund the business saga continues...Corneys priority is getting the 'business' side of his assets firmed up to provide income over the long term for him and the partners. At the neglect of anything in terms of football... The stand is essential as a future income revenue stream for him whether we have a football club or not.

Wake up and smell the coffee people...I will always have a strange love in with OAFC but lost the emotional upset that many of you still have a long time ago...

Corney will come out smiling offering the little reassurance the final few loyalists need to hear that everything will be ok and enough people will buy it out of desperation...

It's at the point in a relationship where your partner has had multiple affairs but says they are sorry and will change and you still welcome them open arms out of desperation

Fancies a challenge my arse

He was happy with his lot two weeks ago, particularly after we took him for a dead end job at Newport, but now has been offered more money.

That's it, pure and simple.

:censored: him.

but it's his career and if he sees <insert club name here> as a better opportunity, he'd be daft not to take it.

But why does he see it as a better opportunity? That's the point.

there are none so blind as those who will not see