Sheridan - Every vacant managerial post?

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why would he not be interested? Could be his last chance at getting a big job.

A 'big job' with a club in league 1 with a very questionable ownership situation and finances that are worse than any other team in league 1?

Bolton is still on a knife-edge imo, still losing £1m a month, income will now be reduced by £5m (elegation) per annum and taking on lots of REAL debts secured against the club unlike the previous owner debt. Having looked at the people involved and the financial situation put in place, do not be surprised to see it all unravel again and quite quickly. If Bolton dont get promoted.... they are royally :censored:ed.

Even some Bolton fans are VERY dubious:

As a recap, SS were to put £7.5m in this season and another £15 in for next. Anderson confirmed that just him and Holdsworth are the equity partners, in other words, the guys putting money into the club. I understand that from the £7.5m, £5m is from Holdsworth and £2.5 by Anderson and that this money will come from high interest investor loans taken out against the clubs remaining assets.

So far Holdsworth seems to have met his end of the bargain but there is no evidence to suggest that Anderson has put a single penny in at this point.

It gets worse. Whilst Davies wiped £170m debt, that debt wasn't gaining interest. The remaining debt that we know of is currently as follows:

• £15m owed to Eddie Davies over 5 years
  • £5.85 owed to PBP for the car park redevelopment work project.
  • £5m owed to Bluemarble Capital Ltd, assumed to be via Holdsworth.
  • £2.5m owed to Brett Warburton
  • £1m owed to Eddie Davies over 2 years

Then there's the £2.5m that will be owed to Andersons investors when the money finally goes in.

All the above is charged against the clubs assets. In other words we have a number of high interest mortgages. There is also no evidence so far of money going into the club that hasn't been raised by mortgaging the assets.

So whilst the debt is a 'mere' £30m as opposed to £200m, it involves high interest loans for a club that has lost £5m income due to relegation and is losing close to £1 m a month in running costs!

Essentially Anderson needs all his future plans to meet their best expectations for the club to continue to survive. Hence the Lennon analogy that despite best intentions, if things outside your control that you need to happen, don't, then you're in a world of :censored:, probably demanding skills you don't possess.

Edited by kowenicki

Most of that was copy and pasted from Newport's site.

So Tuesday morning comes...

"We wish to thank John for guiding us to safety and wish him every success at the Maracana, I mean Macarena, I mean Macaroon!"

Seriously, a non event which our hysteria based on one or two people speculating creating a drop in odds has helped give this story legs.

Wilder, Stubbs and Brown are the final three apparently.

Edited by L1onheartNew

If Shez goes then fair play to him. I thought we were dead and buried when he came in, the fact that he's kept us up is remarkable. If he goes, good luck. I can't hold it against the guy. Let's just hope we replace him with another proven manager.

Really, all that the statement means is that there has been no approach yet and they would prefer it if there wasn't one. It doesn't mean there won't be one and they won't be put under pressure to allow him to talk to them.

However, reading what Kowenicki has posted above, and add to that the fact they're under a transfer embargo, I'm not sue why any manager who already has a safe job in the same division would want to give it up to take that job on. Brown included.

It simply isn't worth the money to lose Shez. Whatever compensation we got would be offset by the number of fans we'd lose.

Not to mention the priceless identity he gives the club, which had been lost for quite some time.

It's unlikely Bolton will appoint someone before the transfer embargo is lifted on them it will drag out from their point of view for a few months. Which is enough time for Phil Brown to engineer his exit from Southend.

Edited by GlossopLatic

Jesus, you lot are worse than my wife!!!

I once played an 11-a-side game against a team who had a centre half - who persistently fouled me when I received the ball.

After complaining to the ref a couple of times that I was getting no decisions go my way, he shouted towards me "Oi, 9, you whinge like my missus"..... I replied, "Yeah? I bet I look like her n'all"....!

I once played an 11-a-side game against a team who had a centre half - who persistently fouled me when I received the ball.

After complaining to the ref a couple of times that I was getting no decisions go my way, he shouted towards me "Oi, 9, you whinge like my missus"..... I replied, "Yeah? I bet I look like her n'all"....!

#Thuglife

I'm thinking more along the lines of how he sees Bolton .. does he see them as another Blackpool? ie dropped down to L1 and then (I know it's not sorted yet but as good as) dropped straight into L2 the season after. Could Boltons money problems caused this to also happen?

That said there's nothing guarantee we won't suffer a similarly :censored: season as we've had this time around. At least he's in the hot seat and in control for the close season and it's comings and goings.

I think if he was to leave us, it's not ambition or anything like that .. it'll be one or two things ..

1 .. the wage they're prepared to pay him

2 .. the financial problems that 'could' be bubbling away here at Oldham

either way I wouldn't blame him .. BUT I would like to think he wants to take us to a similar lofty place in the league he did last time if not better.

Times like this when we need the trust to put fans opinions across to corney etc. I have already seen loads of post on Twitter saying ST will be returned if shez leaves. Just as the feel good factor returns could be gone as quick. Stop selling our sole corney!!

He's not a shoe-in.. Edited by singe

Well, point to the club all you want. If he wants to go, he'll go. You can't blame SC. It's up to Shez. Can you imagine if SC blocks it? I mean, really?

Shez: I want to go to Bolton.

SC: No way.

Shez: tough i'm going. You can :censored: off.

SC: No. You can :censored: off.

Shez: Daz, come in. You tell him.....