Sheridan - Every vacant managerial post?

1/10 on Betfair now. They may as well suspend betting if they're that confident!

I'm not sure you've grasped how betting exchanges work there. There is no meaningful market on there. Anyone accepting any of the offers on betfair at the moment should have their Internet access removed for their own safety.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Facilities are premier league standard and they have a very good squad still.

Yes, i like the ground. They're a 20,000 average club if they're in the PL. Not big, but reasonable. But they are facing a period of crash and burn. They don't have the backing that Wigan enjoy. They have to go through a period of realignment. That's why they want someone like Shez. Stop the rot. Clear the decks. Rebuild. That's going to take some time.

Facilities are premier league standard and they have a very good squad still.

Haven't they sold their training ground to Wigan?

Yep. Also their "very good squad" is gonna get around the same points total Blackpool did last year, 20+ from safety. They're pretty wank.

Yep, remember when Sammy Lee was long odds on to be our manager?

Yep. Because it was true.

As he was the manager in line when Corney was in talks to sell the club to that relative of Vaughan's.

Thankfully he was informed of the family's dubious background and backtracked.

Exactly what everyone on here was saying when LJ was linked with Barnsley.

Not really. They're a business. If they have a massive exposure on something - i.e. a few people betting on something at high odds, they'll look to reduce that exposure, here by lowering the odds to make it less attractive for people to bet on him, and more attractive to bet on others, balancing the book. Doesn't necessarily mean they "know" anything more than we do.

He gets a lot right though :-/

And just because things change before news goes public, or is 'confirmed', doesn't mean inside info from earlier is always rubbish.

Hasn't the 'journo' who seems to have started this on Twitter (Nixon?) been called out on here in the past for talking complete arse biscuits?

I'm not sure you've grasped how betting exchanges work there. There is no meaningful market on there. Anyone accepting any of the offers on betfair at the moment should have their Internet access removed for their own safety.

I've never used Betfair, so I don't know how it works if it works differently from conventional online bookies. I just saw those odds on Oddschecker

Exactly what everyone on here was saying when LJ was linked with Barnsley.

Hence "doesn't necessarily mean". It's the same principle - the reason the odds on LJ to Barnsley tumbled was people were putting money on it, not because skybet were tracking his movements.

Twitter, forums and press speculation will have an influence on odds on what is probably a relatively small market as money placed will see odds change on both traditional and exchange type sites.

I seem to recall Dowie going to ridiculously short odds for a while last time before he moved back out again. If the odds continue to stay short for more than a couple of days, then it probably means that it's a genuine option.

This might be that JS is interested enough to find out more, or that their owners confirm interest.

If he goes, he goes. I would be disappointed, I would be grateful for the work this season, and would get behind whoever took his place.

Wonder what reception he'd get next season IF the club wanted him to stay but he chose to leave?

As for SC busting the bank to keep him - a few extra grand on the salary (ideally with a hefty reward for promotion to try and retain him) is fine. Spending more than we can afford on players etc sets us up to be the next Bolton....no thanks

Twitter, forums and press speculation will have an influence on odds on what is probably a relatively small market as money placed will see odds change on both traditional and exchange type sites.

I seem to recall Dowie going to ridiculously short odds for a while last time before he moved back out again. If the odds continue to stay short for more than a couple of days, then it probably means that it's a genuine option.

This might be that JS is interested enough to find out more, or that their owners confirm interest.

If he goes, he goes. I would be disappointed, I would be grateful for the work this season, and would get behind whoever took his place.

Wonder what reception he'd get next season IF the club wanted him to stay but he chose to leave?

As for SC busting the bank to keep him - a few extra grand on the salary (ideally with a hefty reward for promotion to try and retain him) is fine. Spending more than we can afford on players etc sets us up to be the next Bolton....no thanks

What a nice, balanced post

1/10 on Betfair now. They may as well suspend betting if they're that confident!

So are Gary Bowyer and Keith Hill on that Betfair Exchange bit.

Right you are. They also have Gary Neville at less than 3/1 and Di Canio and Laudrup at even money.

:censored:in clueless. Someone needs firing at that place

Lads - it's an Exchange.

The punters offer the odds not a Betfair employee.....

Work in Bolton and see plenty of Bolton fans throughout the day. Must have brought it up to 10-15 of them already this morning and every single one responded with "Can keep him, we don't want him!"

Now I'm glad their fans don't want him as it will hopefully increase the chance of him staying here. However - who do they actually think they're going to get?!?! They're Bolton Wanderers for :censored:s sake. A skint Bolton Wanderers at that!

Work in Bolton and see plenty of Bolton fans throughout the day. Must have brought it up to 10-15 of them already this morning and every single one responded with "Can keep him, we don't want him!"

Now I'm glad their fans don't want him as it will hopefully increase the chance of him staying here. However - who do they actually think they're going to get?!?! They're Bolton Wanderers for :censored:s sake. A skint Bolton Wanderers at that!

How long have Sheffield United and Coventry been down here? Where are Portsmouth? How long did it take big clubs like Leeds to get out?

How many players will Bolton need to shift to cut the wage bill?

They're in for a shock and a big reality check.

It's a great job for someone.

I can understand why they might want someone with better credentials than Sheridan.