Sheridan - Every vacant managerial post?

How long have Sheffield United and Coventry been down here? Where are Portsmouth? How long did it take big clubs like Leeds to get out?

How many players will Bolton need to shift to cut the wage bill?

They're in for a shock and a big reality check.

i think they need to concentrate on staying in the division rather than getting ideas above their station in terms of the calibre of manager and players they will be able to bring in. Could easily be the next Blackpool.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Work in Bolton and see plenty of Bolton fans throughout the day. Must have brought it up to 10-15 of them already this morning and every single one responded with "Can keep him, we don't want him!"

Now I'm glad their fans don't want him as it will hopefully increase the chance of him staying here. However - who do they actually think they're going to get?!?! They're Bolton Wanderers for :censored:s sake. A skint Bolton Wanderers at that!

They need to reassess their expectations, they are in cloud cuckoo land if they think they are a tempting proposition at the moment, especially for a manager already in work.

How long have Sheffield United and Coventry been down here? Where are Portsmouth? How long did it take big clubs like Leeds to get out?

How many players will Bolton need to shift to cut the wage bill?

They're in for a shock and a big reality check.

I think it's Sheffield Unifeds sixth season in league one. Coventry have just also got the record of 47 years without a top 6 finish.

It's a struggle to get out of this league only teams who have spent a large amount of money have gone straight back up in recent years such as Norwich Leicester wolves and Wigan. I can't see Bolton doing that well still under an embargo and their best asset Zach Clough will be sold. Whoever takes the Bolton job will have a massive task on their hand.

Whoever takes the Bolton job will have a massive task on their hand.

True but he took on two massive tasks this season and succeeded in both. If he wanted the job, I've no doubt he'd back himself to do well there even if it meant just working with their kids.

You're a moron then.

He wouldn't get a heroes reception as such because he'd have chosen to leave us for another club up the road.

However he'd definitely get a round of applause from myself and my thanks for keeping us up.

I honestly can't see him leaving us for them. If they were financially stable I'd say yeah fair dos Johnny boy go and give it your all. But they're :censored:ed!

He's been back with us two minutes, to walk away into the first better job offer would be cunty behaviour IMO, legend or not.

You are aware that we sacked him last time aren't you? That was after a healthy enough portion of the usual know-it-alls decided that he should be sacked.

Are you able to explain why he should display any kind of loyalty if he perceives that a better offer has come along?

He's been back with us two minutes, to walk away into the first better job offer would be cunty behaviour IMO, legend or not.

We sacked him once upon a time & recruited him this time with the same cunty behaviour.

So many Oldham fans forget how the game works and believe everyone is a traitor if thay make a decsion for themselves rather than the club.

I sure Shez wont lose any sleep if some tossers dont like him anymore if he gets another job on his terms rather than theirs

Edited by palmer1

You are aware that we sacked him last time aren't you? That was after a healthy enough portion of the usual know-it-alls decided that he should be sacked.

Are you able to explain why he should display any kind of loyalty if he perceives that a better offer has come along?

No need to get your knickers in a Twis, he's free to do what he wants, I'm free to give my view on it.

He was rightly sacked back in 2009. What was wrong, though, was replacing him with a dinosaur like Royle and then Penney...

I didn't think Johnson was a :censored: for leaving. Nor would I think sheridan would be. Disappointed massively though. People need to stop looking at football like it's not real life. If you got a miles better salary offered fromantic a rival company you'd take it. Simple

I didn't think Johnson was a :censored: for leaving. Nor would I think sheridan would be. Disappointed massively though. People need to stop looking at football like it's not real life. If you got a miles better salary offered fromantic a rival company you'd take it. Simple

People often throw the example of if you got offered more money to take another job you'd take it.

There are a lot of other things to consider than just your monthly pay. Adored by fans and with a pressure and expectation free job with us vs fans who'd rather have a bigger name and a club in turmoil but where promotion is expected in the first season.

I'd be massively disappointed in him if he left. Bolton at the moment is hardly the dream job you can't turn down and he could be out on his ear in months. Plus he has "unfinished business" here.

Drifted to 3 /1 now. Brown still favourite.

I reckon Brown will ultimately prove disruptive enough at Southend to make them willing to let him go for a compensation sum that Bolton can afford. It's his dream job and it's just around the corner from his house.

Our massively fickle fans will turn if we are bottom 3 after 10/15 games.

No so sure about that. I think the majority of fans know full well that Sheridan is as good an appointment as we'll even get out of Corney et al. I'd give him a ten-year deal now.