Sheridan - Every vacant managerial post?

The bookies always know.

If he's favourite, it's for a reason. He must be in contact with Bolton and evidently interested.

I guess even the transfer embargo, he'd fancy his chances with their youth products and given the potential further down the line

And before you say that's rubbish, remember when you all said that when the LJ to Barnsley talk surfaced and he shot to the top of the odds.

I just hope the end result is that Latics offer an improved deal, or budget, to prompt him to stay.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The bookies always know.

If he's favourite, it's for a reason. He must be in contact with Bolton and evidently interested.

I guess even the transfer embargo, he'd fancy his chances with their youth products and given the potential further down the line

And before you say that's rubbish, remember when you all said that when the LJ to Barnsley talk surfaced and he shot to the top of the odds.

I just hope the end result is that Latics offer an improved deal, or budget, to prompt him to stay.

Nearing even money now too... Pains me to say it but I can see this happening now.

That statement doesn't mean anything. If the price is right, we'll happily have a conversation.

The club don't want him to leave.

He has a contract.

But if Sheridan just walks, or 'resigns', what can we really do.

Just a dragged out compensation battle...?

...or just take a hefty sum up front and let him go rather than waiting for the above to happen.

I just hope the Bolton mob are split, and a new candidate emerges. But talks are clearly happening and the odds show he must be keen.

The bookies always know.

Not really. They're a business. If they have a massive exposure on something - i.e. a few people betting on something at high odds, they'll look to reduce that exposure, here by lowering the odds to make it less attractive for people to bet on him, and more attractive to bet on others, balancing the book. Doesn't necessarily mean they "know" anything more than we do.

The club don't want him to leave.

He has a contract.

But if Sheridan just walks, or 'resigns', what can we really do.

Just a dragged out compensation battle...?

...or just take a hefty sum up front and let him go rather than waiting for the above to happen.

I just hope the Bolton mob are split, and a new candidate emerges. But talks are clearly happening and the odds show he must be keen.

An Employer doesn't have to accept a resignation but if he offered it we would

Just been reading a bit about this on the Southend forum. They seem to think Brown is desperate for the job, and some of them seem to want rid of him on that basis. They weren't particularly impressed with him comparing his situation to Pellegrini at City to explain their recent slump in form.

But there is also a suggestion on there that he has a massive (£500k) release clause in his contract which Bolton cannot/ will not pay and their chairman will not negotiate on. They seem to reckon that is the reason why Bolton are now looking elsewhere.

May be, if he wants the job that badly, Brown will become disruptive at the end of the season to force their hand towards negotiating a settlement.

Just been reading a bit about this on the Southend forum. They seem to think Brown is desperate for the job, and some of them seem to want rid of him on that basis. They weren't particularly impressed with him comparing his situation to Pellegrini at City to explain their recent slump in form.

But there is also a suggestion on there that he has a massive (£500k) release clause in his contract which Bolton cannot/ will not pay and their chairman will not negotiate on. They seem to reckon that is the reason why Bolton are now looking elsewhere.

May be, if he wants the job that badly, Brown will become disruptive at the end of the season to force their hand towards negotiating a settlement.

A £500k release clause for a club that's been in L2 & L1 during his reign is absurd, and one in which I would advise taking with a pinch of salt.

Yes, the release clause does sound ridiculous, but when Brown went there he' d been out of work for a while and was pretty desperate for a job, so he'd have probably signed anything the Chairman put in front of him.

If true, it's a smart move from their Chairman. Another club only ever wants your manager when he's doing well, so why not put a ridiculous price tag on his head if you can as a starting point for negotiations.

Not really. They're a business. If they have a massive exposure on something - i.e. a few people betting on something at high odds, they'll look to reduce that exposure, here by lowering the odds to make it less attractive for people to bet on him, and more attractive to bet on others, balancing the book. Doesn't necessarily mean they "know" anything more than we do.

Yep, remember when Sammy Lee was long odds on to be our manager?

What is the attraction of Bolton to anyone at the moment.... Budget? .....Salary? ££££ ? Have they got any? If Townsend is a consultant.... get on with it Andy elsewhere. Some tosspots as journos...stirring bastards.

Facilities are premier league standard and they have a very good squad still.

Betting is run a lot of the time on betting patterns and money being placed on a person. Like someone said Sammy Lee two years back and dowie at the start of the season were odds on and they never happened. I'm sure Sheridans interview or lack of tomorrow will be a big deciding factor.

Uwe Rossler would be a good option for them in some way - i.e. experience of the division, out of work, so more likely to take on such challenging circumstances. And experience of working under tough conditions at Leeds. Although his recent record hasn't been great.

There is also an article in the Daily Mail saying they are preparing a formal approach for Phil Brown.