Team against Charlton

The few times I saw Dummigan play RWB when Sheridan was in charge he was :censored: at that role.

I liked the low, hard crosses Dummigan used to drill in from the right. Something different our goal shy forwards might benefit from.

In that first good season he had for Spurs Gareth Bale got forward better from Left Back than he did when he started in a more advanced role.. More room to run into etc..

Obviously he kicked on a bit more than Dummigan ever will, but.....

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also, Dummigan is one of, if not the, best right back we've had at the club in recent seasons.

Everyone was surprised and chuffed we were able to sign him.

Despite Robinson reiterating again, and again, and again that he's a right back why are so many of you so hell bent on him being played in various other different roles that he was either :censored: at last season or that Robinson himself says he's been :censored: at when he's worked with him in the past? :lol:

Edited by HarryBosch

Also, Dummigan is one of, if not the, best right back we've had at the club in recent seasons.

Everyone was surprised and chuffed we were able to sign him.

Despite Robinson reiterating again, and again, and again that he's a right back why are so many of you so hell bent on him being played in various other different roles that he was either :censored: at last season or that Robinson himself says he's been :censored: at when he's worked with him in the past? :lol:

Out of desperation for a winger that has pace, can beat a man and create something...we haven't had a good winger since Andy Liddle

Guest nonaenever

There's definitely a plan B as the two halves at Coventry showed.

It's just both plans are dull.

Didn't you love the gaffer three games ago?

No - don't think so. I certainly welcomed him with open arms and gave great encouragement from his arrival. I also gave Simon Corney credit for providing financial resource and I was chuffed to bits with the signing of Dummigan. My main concern around the manager now centres around 2 things - 1) His negative approach 2) His judgement on the ability of players.

The first I think there can be no argument surely? Regarding the 2nd, I trusted his expertise when he was glowing about the likes of McLoughlin, McKay, Flynn, Erwin, Banks and Ladapo. Barring Erwin (who has been okay - and I mean just okay - not the superstar some will profess on here!) the rest have been a collective let-down. As that reality has slowly dawned on me, you then start to doubt the credentials of the manager full stop. It's a one track tale all the time "I expect hard work, graft and a work ethic." Personally, for the time and money I invest in Latics, I expect some entertainment, goals and wins. Nineteen teams in our league are on double figures for goals scored - a few have already scored FOUR or FIVE times as many as us. Does that not worry you?

What happens if Clarke or Ripley get injured?

So no opinions4u, you're wrong. I rightly supported the manager with all the enthusiasm I could muster when he arrived. I won't continue to do so if the present situation carries on. I do not want us to repeat the mistakes of last season and be in a desperate state to secure our survival in this league - is that wrong?

No - don't think so. I certainly welcomed him with open arms and gave great encouragement from his arrival. I also gave Simon Corney credit for providing financial resource and I was chuffed to bits with the signing of Dummigan. My main concern around the manager now centres around 2 things - 1) His negative approach 2) His judgement on the ability of players.

The first I think there can be no argument surely? Regarding the 2nd, I trusted his expertise when he was glowing about the likes of McLoughlin, McKay, Flynn, Erwin, Banks and Ladapo. Barring Erwin (who has been okay - and I mean just okay - not the superstar some will profess on here!) the rest have been a collective let-down. As that reality has slowly dawned on me, you then start to doubt the credentials of the manager full stop. It's a one track tale all the time "I expect hard work, graft and a work ethic." Personally, for the time and money I invest in Latics, I expect some entertainment, goals and wins. Nineteen teams in our league are on double figures for goals scored - a few have already scored FOUR or FIVE times as many as us. Does that not worry you?

What happens if Clarke or Ripley get injured?

So no opinions4u, you're wrong. I rightly supported the manager with all the enthusiasm I could muster when he arrived. I won't continue to do so if the present situation carries on. I do not want us to repeat the mistakes of last season and be in a desperate state to secure our survival in this league - is that wrong?

Nor should you and nor should Corney, or any of us.....

But.......Unless we're rock bottom and starting to get cut adrift I'm willing to give SR more time than I normally would be given the standing start he's had to work from.

Barring us having some long overdue luck and getting off to an unlikely flyer for once this was always how it was likely to be - little steps forwards combined with steps backwards. Unfortunately Saturdays step backwards was more a huge stride but that'll happen and it'll probably happen again even once we produce a decent run of form at some point.

Relax, if it gets to late January and we're in the :censored: Gerard will only be a phonecall or a Twitter DM away. Shez might even be available again by then :grin:

How many times can we escape the drop with last minute knee jerk changes? We will come a cropper one day...this is the negative approach that comes from the top down. It's an inevitable outcome in most fans eyes...the sad thing is getting relegated will probably spark a bit more interest (albeit for one year only if we struggle) as opposed to another 3 years in this division fighting the drop.

How many times can we escape the drop with last minute knee jerk changes? We will come a cropper one day...this is the negative approach that comes from the top down. It's an inevitable outcome in most fans eyes...the sad thing is getting relegated will probably spark a bit more interest (albeit for one year only if we struggle) as opposed to another 3 years in this division fighting the drop.

We will be in the 3rd. level of the new EFL structure when it comes about, for another 20 years.

I liked the low, hard crosses Dummigan used to drill in from the right. Something different our goal shy forwards might benefit from.

In that first good season he had for Spurs Gareth Bale got forward better from Left Back than he did when he started in a more advanced role.. More room to run into etc..

Obviously he kicked on a bit more than Dummigan ever will, but.....

Bloody OWTB pessimists...

Listening to his LaticsPlayer interview it sounds like Reckord and Dummigan will be starting, possibly McLoughlin too....

I think he'll keep Law in somehow.. Flynn might have to wait a bit longer if he does...

Ripley

Dummigan

Clarke

Burgess

Reckord

McLaughlin

Green

Fane

Law

Ladapo

Erwin

Or does he go with Ladapo and Osei upfront with his talk of pace?

Even though Erwin has arguably been our least worst forward can you keep picking one who never scores......?

I imagine Ladapo will have some friends and family in attendance back on his own "manor" so might actually pull his tripe out. And/or get sent off.

Edited by HarryBosch

Listening to his LaticsPlayer interview it sounds like Reckord and Dummigan will be starting, possibly McLoughlin too....

I think he'll keep Law in somehow.. Flynn might have to wait a bit longer if he does...

Ripley

Dummigan

Clarke

Burgess

Reckord

McLaughlin

Green

Fane

Law

Ladapo

Erwin

Or does he go with Ladapo and Osei upfront with his talk of pace?

Even though Erwin has arguably been our least worst forward can you keep picking one who never scores......?

I imagine Ladapo will have some friends and family in attendance back on his own "manor" so might actually pull his tripe out. And/or get sent off.

law shouldn't play, he's gash

Agree with regards to McKay, if we accept we are not going to score bag fulls I'd rather his industry and desire he's shown most of the time he's been with us, it would be great if he could get one as he's probably the type who could go on a run and build some confidence but it's just not happened for him so far.

Agree with regards to McKay, if we accept we are not going to score bag fulls I'd rather his industry and desire he's shown most of the time he's been with us, it would be great if he could get one as he's probably the type who could go on a run and build some confidence but it's just not happened for him so far.

Careful mate, industry is a dirty word on here, all about end product...

We need to go 4-4-:censored:ing-2 and get right back to basics, stick with the same side for 5 or so games injuries and suspensions permitting. Create a base on which to build a team, sod philosophy, style and fancy stuff let's get the bread and butter sorted before asking this bunch of strangers to try and do things they are not yet capable of.

Put the experienced players on the pitch next to the younger lads to do their running and benefit from their experience. This season is a building season with the goal of staying up, we could get lucky after November and go on an amazing run, unlikely granted so let's keep the feet on the ground and not get carried away with one off good or bad results.

Ripley

Dummigan - Clarke - Burgess - Reckord

McLaughlin - Green - Fane - Flynn

McKay - Ladapo

Ladapo to be given another chance before someone else gets the nod as I have not been impressed with him whatsoever so far. Hopefully a trip down to Charlton will fire him up, potentially in front of his family and watching eyes from Palace....

Erwin hasn't looked as "good" as he did in the first few games of the season, so could be a decent option off the bench with Osei.

Dunne has been :censored: the last two games, so no brainer to put Reckord back in if he's fit. Likewise Dummigan for Law.

McLaughin is surely chomping at the bit now, so I'm optimistic him and Dummigan can form a partnership down that right hand side and give us some proper wide play.

Klok is crap. Yes, he may be the fan-favourite type with some of us, but he's still a seriously limited footballer.