Team against Charlton

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking at Charltons squad they have some decent players Ajose, Novak, Magennis, Pearce, Holmes, Botaka and Jackson would all appear to be quality players at League 1 level. I know they are protesting about their owner down there but to me they've assembled a pretty decent squad for this level.

Ripley

Dummigan - Clarke - Burgess - Reckord

McLaughlin - Green - Fane - Flynn

McKay - Ladapo

Ladapo to be given another chance before someone else gets the nod as I have not been impressed with him whatsoever so far. Hopefully a trip down to Charlton will fire him up, potentially in front of his family and watching eyes from Palace....

Erwin hasn't looked as "good" as he did in the first few games of the season, so could be a decent option off the bench with Osei.

Dunne has been :censored: the last two games, so no brainer to put Reckord back in if he's fit. Likewise Dummigan for Law.

McLaughin is surely chomping at the bit now, so I'm optimistic him and Dummigan can form a partnership down that right hand side and give us some proper wide play.

Klok is crap. Yes, he may be the fan-favourite type with some of us, but he's still a seriously limited footballer.

Clearly Robbo is listening to me.

1-1 Happy with that.

You wouldn't be if you'd paid to see it. There was a theory that because of all the imports into the top level the filtering down of good quality domestic products would enhance the quality of the lower divisions. That has been well and truly disproven.

You wouldn't be if you'd paid to see it. There was a theory that because of all the imports into the top level the filtering down of good quality domestic products would enhance the quality of the lower divisions. That has been well and truly disproven.

Was it really that bad?

I never thought of it that way. Interesting.

I would also have taken a point at any time away at charlton. Well done to all those who made the journey

Edited by underdog

Well I do agree with you to a large extent however their isn't much we as Oldham Athletic can do to influence the national game. We just have to try do the best for ourselves. A point at Charlton is a good result and after all the upheaval in the summer we are clearly a work in progress and just have to keep fighting for results and keep fighting to improve.