Fan survey on main site

But are people more inclined to spend more money in the ground if they don't feel ripped off at the turnstiles?

Yes. If I have to pay say £5 to go into a bar I immediately clock the price of the beer and most probably leave after 1 pint if it is expensive.

There is no logic to it if I choose to leave after that pint at £4 costing me in effect £9 per pint.

If I stayed and had another pint it would cost 2 times £4 plus £5=£13 thereby becoming only £6.50 per pint. But I dont

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The £24 pay-on-the-day thing is an own goal from a marketing perspective. Anyone who is inclined to make a last minute decision to attend, might well decide against doing so on the basis that they're paying £4 over the odds.

Totally agree.

I did try to make the same point about the discounted season tickets at the time.

Tuesday / Saturday bogof was an effective price of £10 (in advance) but there weren't 500 extra fans.

Over the years many offers have been run but have never resulted in extra revenue overall.

The monsoon like weather against Scunthorpe effectively

ruled out any chance of a successful outcome from the offer, however I'm not convinced it would have had the desired effect anyway.

I would have thought the pay Saturday and free entry on a Tuesday would have been a better way of doing it.

Better still if it's long term results they're after why not just do it proper and charge less for all Tuesday evening fixtures throughout the season.

Anyway, with the way the team has performed over the last couple of years there isn't a cat in hells chance of increasing attendances no matter what promotions are offered.

As has been said many times over, and it's not rocket science.........get the product right on the pitch and everything off it will look after itself!!

You wouldn't go to the cinema for half price to watch a film if you knew it was going to be :censored:!!!

The £24 pay-on-the-day thing is an own goal from a marketing perspective. Anyone who is inclined to make a last minute decision to attend, might well decide against doing so on the basis that they're paying £4 over the odds.

How about half price if in the ground before 2pm? Would get a lot back in food and drink sold.

It's very basic maths from me here but:

1500 x 15 quid is 22500

1000 x 24 quid is 24000

This is of course omitting season tickets

We simply wouldn't get the numbers to make dropping the price worthwhile. Not while we are as :censored: as we are

+ a percentage of the additional 500 purchasing food & drink and maybe even merchandise could make up the shortfall.

Just completed the survey

It's fairly easy chucking out an on-line survey but a far more difficult challenge to get some positive actions / options from it

If the Club is genuinely serious about improving engagement with its Supporters and committing to improving our Match Day experience, they should publish (in a fairly timely manner) an overview of the Survey as a start point

Fingers Crossed we're at the dawning of a new age :OASISscarf:

Just completed the survey

It's fairly easy chucking out an on-line survey but a far more difficult challenge to get some positive actions / options from it

If the Club is genuinely serious about improving engagement with its Supporters and committing to improving our Match Day experience, they should publish (in a fairly timely manner) an overview of the Survey as a start point

Fingers Crossed we're at the dawning of a new age :OASISscarf:

We can all dream

I've given up on this board

As much as we moan about numerous things who has ever truly stopped going for any other reason than becoming bored with us being :censored: or having the hump with Corney & Barry?

Even then, the most vociferous anti-Corney people I know all still go....

So, in summary, as ever.........there's one way & one way only to increase attendances....

As much as we moan about numerous things who has ever truly stopped going for any other reason than becoming bored with us being :censored: or having the hump with Corney & Barry?

Even then, the most vociferous anti-Corney people I know all still go....

So, in summary, as ever.........there's one way & one way only to increase attendances....

Couldn't agree more. And in the meantime whilst we are :censored:, give the remaining 3/4000 empty seat tickets to kids who might bring an adult, but at the least might make the stadium feel a bit fuller and the attendance figures not so depressing. If the football picked up, the kids would be the first to get excited and stay. I know for a fact I'm still hoping for a Dowie season when pre season gets under way all the time so buy an ST in the hope of it happening (although that hope is desperately failing)