• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dunne runs back away from the ball on the first, misjudged the flight. If he holds his position then Streete doesn't score. Poor anticipation on the second as well. And Burgess is slow to react and block the follow up. Should be getting in the scorers face instead of hanging back and blocking Ripleys view.

Encouraging feedback from the general play though in recent games against decent opponents. Plenty of reason for optimism.

Only saying what I think.

AGAIN we evidently dominate the first half and should have 2 or 3 goals to our name and then comes the second half.

Yes we score- a deflection they all count anyway no complaints about that,

Disallowed goal and then they score and then we just seem to accept.. yeah a point will do. We then concede another!

Thank christ Carl stepped up but 3 points could have taken us out of the relegation zone. it just seems Robbo is happy to play for draws and hope in one of the games we might scrape a win. I want to watch a team who WANTS to win, not hold out for a point. 2 Points dropped

I went you didn't, your comments are just you trying determinedly to be negative despite the actual facts.

When I miss a game I don't comment on what I haven't witnessed.

Possession Home 44% Away 56%

Shots Home 5 Away 17

Shots on Target Home 2 Away 4

Corners Home 3 Away 13

I didn't go but once again the stats suggest we dominated in every department...we simply have to start winning some of these games and pretty damn quick.

Being more of a threat from corners would be a start where we are bloody woeful!!!

Edited by oafc1955

We do seem to be having a go which constitutes improvement, I'd much rather we had a go at winning our games at home rather than trying to limit losses, let's hope the performance and intent from last night can be replicated at home on Saturday.

This for me too. If we take our intent and approach from the last two games into the game against Peterborough then we might well see some entertainment this Saturday. I'm up for the game, let's hope the team is too!

Wonder how he's going to line up the midfield on Saturday? Flynn's been in good form, Banks and Winch scored last night, and McLaughlin has been decent, creating lots of chances.

Not a lot of tackling if you go with those four, though. Presumably one misses out for Green (likely) or Fane (less likely).

High praise.

Many fans felt that despite Oldham’s late goal, Vale would have been very fortunate to have won the game…
“We can hardly complain at the result…”
Fosse69
“It would have been an absolute travesty had we won this game of football…”
Beechy
“A draw was a fair result after that horror show in the first-half…”
valiant_593
“Oldham dominated that game for 75 minutes…”
TommyMac
“How Oldham only scored two was a mixture of our good fortune and excellent defending by our two centre backs…”
Badgerspaws
“I thought a draw tonight was a fair result as Oldham played really well…”
carpetman123
“Got to admit Oldham were the better team. Outplayed Vale for most of the match…”
DIV3SOUTH

Listening to radio Stoke on the way back their reporter said -

"After Latics dominated the 1st half and Vale were lucky to go in all square at HT , they obviously got a rocket from the manager . Whatever was said it produced the most entertaining 2nd half of football i have seen for a long long time.

As good as entertainment as you will see outside the premier league.

How Oldham are in the bottom 4 is a complete mystery on this performance and no vale fans could have complained had they walked away with the 3 points.

Overall though a draw was probably right as no side deserved to lose a game based on that 2nd half"

Great awareness and pass from Croft to start the move for the second. I don't care what some think, he's definitely one our better players (I know that's not hard though).

I think we would get much more from a middle three, Fane holding with Winch and Banks in front, McLaughlin and Flynn out wide with one of Erwin/McKay or Ladapo leading the line and playing centrally.

I'd go along with that. It's obvious that the stickers in the squad aren't have anything like enough impact - even at times when the service improves, so adding attacking threat from elsewhere has to be worth a go.