• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That will feel like a win in the dressing room right now due to how we got it.

Still no goals for the strikers though and another preventable goal conceded but 2 goals from players who arguably needed them it should be a boost to both Winchester and Banks. We all know Vale Park is a tough place to go so overall a positive.

Last minute equaliser from our longest serving player, a youth product, away against 6th in the league - yet some of you still contrive to not enjoy that.......

I'm not enjoying anything until I get confirmation of the number of times we entered Vale's half.

A bit too desperate to be mentioned in Simon Corney's next video.

​There may be a reason why others were invited despite their criticism........

Only saying what I think.

AGAIN we evidently dominate the first half and should have 2 or 3 goals to our name and then comes the second half.

Yes we score- a deflection they all count anyway no complaints about that,

Disallowed goal and then they score and then we just seem to accept.. yeah a point will do. We then concede another!

Thank christ Carl stepped up but 3 points could have taken us out of the relegation zone. it just seems Robbo is happy to play for draws and hope in one of the games we might scrape a win. I want to watch a team who WANTS to win, not hold out for a point. 2 Points dropped

AGAIN we evidently dominate the first half and should have 2 or 3 goals to our name and then comes the second half.

Disallowed goal and then they score and then we just seem to accept.. yeah a point will do. We then concede another!

Thank christ Carl stepped up but 3 points could have taken us out of the relegation zone. it just seems Robbo is happy to play for draws and hope in one of the games we might scrape a win. I want to watch a team who WANTS to win, not hold out for a point. 2 Points dropped

Did you go to the game?

R

This is just a stupid and misleading post from someone who clearly wasn't there.

That was a very good performance with some excellent crisp passing and with a bit of luck could and maybe should have been a comfortable win. Robinson set up to win the game without a doubt. This was evidenced by the sight of four Latics players in the box trying to win the game in the last few minutes. For a team playing away there was not much to criticise about our approach.

Ripley not much to do and a superb save in the lead up to their goal

Back four, Law very solid, Clarke immense, Burgess didn't lose much,

Midfield, Banks and Flynn excellent, McLaughlin lively, Fane a nuisance but want to see more passes forward.

Strikers, both worked very hard but a little lightweight.

Looks like a good team spirit to me and nobody should fault their work rate. If they could perform like that at home not too many would complain (though the usual suspects would find a way).

Impressive tonight, this confirmed by the Vale fans I was sat with.

R

This is just a stupid and misleading post from someone who clearly wasn't there.

That was a very good performance with some excellent crisp passing and with a bit of luck could and maybe should have been a comfortable win. Robinson set up to win the game without a doubt. This was evidenced by the sight of four Latics players in the box trying to win the game in the last few minutes. For a team playing away there was not much to criticise about our approach.

Ripley not much to do and a superb save in the lead up to their goal

Back four, Law very solid, Clarke immense, Burgess didn't lose much,

Midfield, Banks and Flynn excellent, McLaughlin lively, Fane a nuisance but want to see more passes forward.

Strikers, both worked very hard but a little lightweight.

Looks like a good team spirit to me and nobody should fault their work rate. If they could perform like that at home not too many would complain (though the usual suspects would find a way).

Impressive tonight, this confirmed by the Vale fans I was sat with.

Concur -

The only slight negative i would say tonight is McKay.

I have given him the benefit of doubt this season because of poor service but tonight both Flynn & Mclaughlin put in a stream of great crosses (especially 1st half) and McKay just never looked like getting on the end of any.

Whilst his workrate is ok he is supposed to be a box striker and after tonight & Saturdays efforts i just can't see him doing it.

Half a decent striker would have seen us pick up 6 points these last 2 games.

Also these last 2 games show we can play with either Green or Fane in front of the back 4 but not both.

Well I have been to Port Vale many times watching Latics and have to say that this is probably the best performance I have seen from them there. First half Vale had one shot off target and hardly entered our half.

Second half played well again spoiled by conceding from their first attempt on target. Still thought we would get something from the game but then they scored again.

At no time did Latics settle for a draw-they kept going forward all the game and should have won at a canter-sooooo pleased to see that second goal go in.

For me the best player on the pitch was Banks, don't think he misplaced a pass all night and got the first goal. Having said that all the team played well but the poorest player from a Latics point of view was Ladapo-the ball is always under his feet and he has no anticipation of where a ball may go.

As per usual comments on here from so called fans who didn't go but know best what went on.