Lincoln - FA Cup

• Replies 561
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most concerning for me is;

Our Club on TV in the FA Cup v a Non League Team and not only do we lose we lose badly

I can slightly understand if some players do not want to wear our Shirt with the same pride as we would ourselves

I can certainly understand why some players would be looking to move to another Football Club for financial security and better prospects

But for the life of me, I don't understand for one second why when given the chance to produce their best on TV for themselves and open up new opportunities that they play as badly as they did

Not even any self pride as individuals

The best Coach in the World in any profession can't do anything with people like that :petesake:

Guest nonaenever

Our manager couldn't motivate a bucket of frogs to move.

As for the debate about Ladapo and Erwin - they are both utter, dreadful garbage.

Was watching Erwin intently last night - body language etc. - he didn't give a toss - simple as that - along with several others.

Others have said it elsewhere, he's lost the dressing room - time to go.

And no, at present I`ve no idea how we rescue our season - I`m still in a state of shock - but I am convinced almost anybody with a simple understanding of football could manage, organise and motivate what we are stuck with for now better than this clown.

He's got to go or we will go down for certain. Having said that, several fans I was chatting with last night actually think this is now the only way forward - backwards to re-group and go forward again. Again, I simply don't know what I think anymore but this is as bad as ever.

Against my gut feeling, I was actually starting to think "stick with Robinson" but after that last night (with 2 weeks preparation time) I think he's stealing a living. About as bad as Dunn - and boy he was bad.

What, by trying to push the ball in with his belly, from the only decent cross in the first half. Did he really think that would result in a goal?

Ladapo is utter, utter :censored:e. Erwin did nothing for an hour but he did enough in the last half hour to convince me he's miles better than Ladapo.

Erwin has talent. Ladapo has none. That is the main distinction between the two...

As for the Banks debate: he is there to do a Busquets (yes, I know) role. Keep it simple, spread the ball, get it into the feet of the attacking mids.

We were overrun in midfield. That's either through lack of movement ahead or inability of partner to regain the ball. That sounds like a massive absolution of Banks but he is there to do a very simple job - if he's misplacing passes all night then he's failed.

No excuses for actively jumping out of tackles, there never is, and of course tackling is part of the role, but he's primarily an outlet who doesn't do anything spectacular. The defensive aspect is more a general mopping up, zonal kind of job than chasing the ball, a la Fane.

Edited by NewBlue

If we'd signed Theo Robinson and Jamie McCombe in the summer, I'd have been happy. Lincoln are obviously a decent side on a good run and their players were up for it. Indeed, a 7,000 crowd on a Monday night suggests the whole town was up for it.

OAFC are free to sign Theo Robinson as he is playing on a none contract basis for the Imps. McCoombe, is at least third choice centre back, behind Sean Ragett (suspended) and Luke Waterfall (played), Callum Howe (cup-tied) and perhaps 4th as Lee Beevors (injured) can play in the CB position.

Never mind the pies, it was the massive hot-dogs served from the stall near the Up Steps, before the stupid fountain was built.

There is one player as big and physical as Rhead on the Latics books in Festus Arthur, trouble is he's only 16yo.

Nethertheless, having seen him a few times I've been impressed not only by his power, but his calmness on the ball.

Despite his age he may well have to be fast tracked into the first team squad. (unless he's sold before then).

Edited by BP1960

Most concerning for me is;

Our Club on TV in the FA Cup v a Non League Team and not only do we lose we lose badly

I can slightly understand if some players do not want to wear our Shirt with the same pride as we would ourselves

I can certainly understand why some players would be looking to move to another Football Club for financial security and better prospects

But for the life of me, I don't understand for one second why when given the chance to produce their best on TV for themselves and open up new opportunities that they play as badly as they did

Not even any self pride as individuals

The best Coach in the World in any profession can't do anything with people like that :petesake:

Dunn said similar last season. Sheridan came in and they all improved pretty quickly.

Maybe we just need a manager who knows what he is doing?

One of the things I noticed last night was whenever the camera was directed at Robinson, he was never offering any encouragement. Even when Mckay had just scored, he was just stood there doing nothing. It might have just been when the camera was directed at him but he looked clueless and lost.

Against my gut feeling, I was actually starting to think "stick with Robinson" but after that last night (with 2 weeks preparation time) I think he's stealing a living. About as bad as Dunn - and boy he was bad.

Robinson's not as bad as Dunn was. Dunn had better players, yet couldn't create chances for toffee.

We're creating chances under Robinson, yet not taking them, which to me suggests it's the players, rather than the manager who are at fault this time round. The reports from the games this season at Port Vale, Charlton, Scunthorpe and Coventry suggest we should have won comfortably but didn't. I just remember games under Dunn being endless sideways passes.

Diego has forgotten his password and cocked up attempts to log-in, resulting in being locked out and awaiting unlocking by the Admin.

Meanwhile here are his pictures/videos from last night:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/diego_sideburns/albums/72157675740121352

You need to have a word with him, performing as badly as the team.

Burgess and reckord for two of their goals are shocking. If they perform like that against conference teams I genuinely don't know what league they should be playing in. Greens legs have gone Rotherham did say that last season. Banks weaker than most 13 yr olds I have ever coached.

Any player that cuts holes in his shirt/base layer because his hands are cold is a complete tosser. Erwin with scissors in front of manager last night. Manager should have told him to stop being a soft arse and get stuck in.

Hard to find words for such nonsense.

Tosser for improvising when he's cold?

Get over it.

Robinson's not as bad as Dunn was. Dunn had better players, yet couldn't create chances for toffee.

We're creating chances under Robinson, yet not taking them, which to me suggests it's the players, rather than the manager who are at fault this time round. The reports from the games this season at Port Vale, Charlton, Scunthorpe and Coventry suggest we should have won comfortably but didn't. I just remember games under Dunn being endless sideways passes.

Robinson mentioned in his LP interview how midfielders passing sideways is asking for trouble. I like that. Now he just needs to stop them doing it.

Dunn said similar last season. Sheridan came in and they all improved pretty quickly.

Maybe we just need a manager who knows what he is doing?

Sheridan changed half the team.

Looks like similar surgery is needed this season.

Sheridan changed half the team.

Looks like similar surgery is needed this season.

He also got the team player 20 yards further up the pitch, converted James Wilson to RB and performing and also got Coleman back in the team and confident when Dunn insisted on playing Cornell. It wasn't just the addition of new players. That alone would not have pulled off the escape.

I'll say it again...these players aren't great by any stretch of the imagination but this guy is nowhere near close to getting the best out of any of them other than the 2 good players Clarke and Ripley. Even Dummigan has massively gone backwards under this guy.

Edited by boundaryblue80

He also got the team player 20 yards further up the pitch, converted James Wilson to RB and performing and also got Coleman back in the team and confident when Dunn insisted on playing Cornell. It wasn't just the addition of new players. That alone would not have pulled off the escape.

I'll say it again...these players aren't great by any stretch of the imagination but this guy is nowhere near close to getting the best out of any of them other than the 2 good players Clarke and Ripley. Even Dummigan has massively gone backwards under this guy.

I didn't say it was just the addition of new players that got us out of trouble.

Maybe you're right and we need to sack another manager after a few months. But maybe we need to give this one the opportunity to improve the squad.

If we signed one proper goal scoring striker it could make all the difference. Despite how totally :censored: we were against Lincoln for an hour, Ladapo was clear through on goal early on. He looked like he was trying to clear it rather than score. If that had gone in then maybe the whole match would have changed?

An exciting new player to put these chances away and have us on the front foot in matches might get a few more fans back too. The whole atmosphere around the club could change.

I didn't say it was just the addition of new players that got us out of trouble.

Maybe you're right and we need to sack another manager after a few months. But maybe we need to give this one the opportunity to improve the squad.

If we signed one proper goal scoring striker it could make all the difference. Despite how totally :censored: we were against Lincoln for an hour, Ladapo was clear through on goal early on. He looked like he was trying to clear it rather than score. If that had gone in then maybe the whole match would have changed?

An exciting new player to put these chances away and have us on the front foot in matches might get a few more fans back too. The whole atmosphere around the club could change.

I'm not criticising your post here, but it is a post that many have written for years. There is no proper goal scorer coming in, just more loanee kids. There's no money for anything other. Robbo just binned off his chance of that. He's spoke for weeks how everything he's done so far was geared up to getting us through to R3 and to quote him "getting some out" when we win money to. He's failed miserably and as someone who never once said we will go down last season, I expect it this season unless we bin off Robbo. Just like would have happened under Dunn.

I fear it will have to get much worse before it happens...and by then we will be cut off again but this time there will be no Shez arriving on a white horse and there'll be no players after the window shuts unlike last season. No escape. Now is the time to act. 12 blanks in 19 league games. That isn't just down to the players...it's down to this guy not having a clue how set us up in attack (the defence has gone to :censored: too now), how to have a team further up the field to win 2nd balls and keep teams on the back foot. And no clue how to make us the best team in or out of possession!

Edited by boundaryblue80