Lee Erwin

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 months later...

How we feeling about this lad now?

In January I would quite happily have binned him off like others above, infact for his fannying about on the touchline when coming on against Lincoln trying to keep his hands warm before coming on I would have happily never seen him again.

But only stupid people don't change their minds. Honestly if we can get him here I'd be happy. Holloway is the perfect foil for him. He's added goals we all knew he had decent technique he has no pace but if you have the right players around him he's capable of hurting teams plus his age means he's going to get better.

Edited by GlossopLatic

Falls into the bracket of 'he used to be shite but now he's alright' for me. Must say he looks like he works well with AAH, but I think AAH is that good at our level , pretty much anyone with half a footy brain will look decent playing alongside him. 

Back to Erwin, I'd take him on a one year deal, but would hope for a better option to be first choice for us if I'm honest. Could be a useful squad player mind. JS has already showed he likes to use the full squad , in a horses for courses sense. 

7 goals in the league isn't to be sniffed at in this team, and I think he hasn't scored a penalty either. He's got virtually 1/4 of our goals having made quite a lot of substitute appearances.

I've said so many times before that he contributes more than just goals, and he has also been quite unlucky in front of goal as well, imo. I'd have him next season.

3 hours ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

Falls into the bracket of 'he used to be shite but now he's alright' for me. Must say he looks like he works well with AAH, but I think AAH is that good at our level , pretty much anyone with half a footy brain will look decent playing alongside him. 

Back to Erwin, I'd take him on a one year deal, but would hope for a better option to be first choice for us if I'm honest. Could be a useful squad player mind. JS has already showed he likes to use the full squad , in a horses for courses sense. 

I'd have abit more faith in him than that I think he's easily worth a 2 year deal. He could realistically target 15 goals next season. On current form I'm happy for him to be our main striker. We will need others who can score though.

2 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

I'd have abit more faith in him than that I think he's easily worth a 2 year deal. He could realistically target 15 goals next season. On current form I'm happy for him to be our main striker. We will need others who can score though.

Even if we did want him I'd be very surprised if we could afford him on his current wage at Leeds. 

10 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Granted he's been much improved recently but what about the other 3/4 of the season he's been MIA ? Or just not good/interested enough ? I think whatever decision Shez makes will be the right un,as he will see how he is attitude wise in training etc. 

Im not trying to slate the lad by the way, I'd be content either way. And unlike some cretins behind me today in the North stand I don't abuse my own players