Shrewsbury v Latics

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thought we were decent first half and opened them up a time or two down our left. With a bit more composure we could have had a couple by half time.

Second half was awful. How we needed someone with a bit of creativity instead of hoofing it into no man's land.

Leading up to the corner from which they scored, how did the ref not see the blatant foul on Flynn (?) in the centre circle, then let play continue and followed up by giving them a corner that never touched a Latics player on its way out?

That doesn't paper over the fact that our marking from the corner was atrocious. No wonder Ripley was doing his crust.

Nothing less than three points on Tuesday will do now before the gap gets too big.

Edited by Bristolatic

Thought we were decent first half and opened them up a time or two down our left. With a bit more composure we could have had a couple by half time.

Second half was awful. How we needed someone with a bit of creativity instead of hoofing it into no man's land.

Leading up to the corner from which they scored, how did the ref not see the blatant foul on Flynn (?) in the centre circle, then let play continue and followed up by giving them a corner that never touched a Latics player on its way out?

That doesn't paper over the fact that our marking from the corner was atrocious. No wonder Ripley was doing his crust.

Nothing less than three points on Tuesday will do now before the gap gets too big.

Bring back Shirtliff, he would sort it out.

Just seen the goal, Clarke and Gerrard marking the same man facing their own goal, couldn't believe that from two experienced players.

I suppose we can put that down to lack of match play together and hope they will sort it in training.

Poor midfield and their wingers were pacy.Thought overall Ngoo and Gerrard did well in their first game.Nailed on Ladapo would score.Did not like our fans jeering when he came over to see how Dummingan was.

Good away support.Spotted Simon Corney out of his car having a stand up with a driver who had moved into his lane.At least he has a pair.

Just seen the goal, Clarke and Gerrard marking the same man facing their own goal, couldn't believe that from two experienced players.

I suppose we can put that down to lack of match play together and hope they will sort it in training.

Or it's just one of those things that happens and probably will again?

The subs that came on made us worse yesterday.

Mckay for Erwin - Think keeping Mckay on would have been marginally the better option.

Holloway for Ngoo - Holloway didn't do anything when he came on, possibly due to lack of match fitness and was brought on due the fact Ngoo was probably knackered, but might have asked Ngoo for another ten minutes. Ngoo would be a great impact player off the bench - a real handful for a tiring defence.

Banks for Dummigan - I don't know what Green brings to the party, but surely he would have been the better option than Banks? Basically, as mentioned elsewhere, we need a whole new midfield...

Would also have considered taking Fane off at half-time - yet again a walking red card...and ineffective.

Thought Flynn was our best player.

Edited by JoeP

First half was promising, second half was poor.

I thought Fane played ok. McKay should have scored from Holloway's header back across the six yard box. Flynn played well.

McKay will run himself ragged for the side but he's got no killer instinct. His confidence is that shot he doesn't shoot when he should, and even when he does it's tame.

He might be worth persevering with just for effort alone - he'll chase every lost cause - but you get the feeling he's never gonna score at this club.

Because it's like Peter and the wolf, Flynn falls over too many times. It's not even well acted most the time. Not good enough get rid.

Poor midfield and their wingers were pacy.Thought overall Ngoo and Gerrard did well in their first game.Nailed on Ladapo would score.Did not like our fans jeering when he came over to see how Dummingan was.

Good away support.Spotted Simon Corney out of his car having a stand up with a driver who had moved into his lane.At least he has a pair.

Whalley ex Droylsden, always had talent.

Wonder if Ladapo missed that sitter v Port Vale knowing that he'd be off to a relegation rival days later. That, along with his two winners for Shrews, has created a 6 point gap between us & them.

If you think Ladapo Or most other footballers for that matter would behave in such a premeditated way the game really is :censored:ed.

Might be a bit harsh this but I can't help thinking that in the desparate situation we are in Banks should have attacked that second ball that Ladapo headed in rather than back off. Against what most think I see him as a decent footballer but would question desire there. Harsh?

Edited by Stainrod

Might be a bit harsh this but I can't help thinking that in the desparate situation we are in Banks should have attacked that second ball that Ladapo headed in rather than back off. Against what most think I see him as a decent footballer but would question desire there. Harsh?

A player who can pick a wonderful pass with 10 yards of space round him. Something I could do. He has zero desire for any battle. Has anyone ever seen him offer up for a 50/50? Waste of space in a relegation fight.

A player who can pick a wonderful pass with 10 yards of space round him. Something I could do. He has zero desire for any battle. Has anyone ever seen him offer up for a 50/50? Waste of space in a relegation fight.

Totally agree...never seen a footballer so soft in all of my life!

If you think professional footballers are capable of such quick and analytical thought .........

Pretty tall that horse of yours. If only more people were as smart as you the world would improve ten fold. Just a reminder its a football forum not a :censored:ing Mensa society discussion platform. Do you have to pick holes in almost every post ? I'm sure I'm not alone in bowing to your superior intellect. I now await you pulling me up for any grammatical errors etc. I will apologise in advance for be in comparison to yourself a bit THICK

*edit I put an s instead of an a

Edited by simplythemostimportantkick

Pretty tall that horse of yours. If only more people were as smart as you the world would improve ten fold. Just a reminder its a football forum not a :censored:ing Mensa society discussion platform. Do you have to pick holes in almost every post ? I'm sure I'm not alone in bowing to your superior intellect. I now await you pulling me up for any grammatical errors etc. I will apologise in advance for be in comparison to yourself a bit THICK

*edit I put an s instead of an a

You mean think, not thick