Messageboard upgrade and stuff.

Hello,

There might be some OWTB service issues tonight due to us applying updates and patches to our software. Hopefully it shouldn't effect anything, however we apologise for any inconvenience caused if there are outages or significant down time.

Cheers,

Matt.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We're back up now, although it's still building images and posts, and board integrity. There may be a few things missing like signatures and avatars, don't worry these are being rebuilt and will reappear as soon as possible.

Thanks,

Matt.

11 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Although it used to take me to where I was up to on each post when a new reply came on. Now it starts me on page 1 of each thread. Is that my settings?

Hover over the blue circle or star and click?

I'm sorry I'm not able to commit too much time to issues at the moment, I'll have a better look at it tonight.

Acks is usually good at stuff like this...

38 minutes ago, rummytheowl said:

Hover over the blue circle or star and click?

I'm sorry I'm not able to commit too much time to issues at the moment, I'll have a better look at it tonight.

Acks is usually good at stuff like this...

Looks like if I click the circle or star it works mate cheers.

52 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Although it used to take me to where I was up to on each post when a new reply came on. Now it starts me on page 1 of each thread. Is that my settings?

I thought you were one for finding things out for yourself, mcfluff..?

:lol:

Welcome to OWTB 2.0.... well, we're on about 10.0 now!  Special thanks to Rummy who's managed to get the upgrade done without any fuss (so far!).

As he said; post any troubleshooting requests or questions in here and I will do my best to get them answered ASAP.  Please be patient on replies and help others where you can.

6 minutes ago, adamoafc said:

Only thing I'm not a fan of is on the mobile version that when you go back into a topic it takes you back to the beginning rather than where you left it. Apart from that really like the new layout. 

Ye I thought this but Rummy said if you click the blue circle next to topic name or blue star it takes you to new comments like it used to and it's working for me

57 minutes ago, underdog said:

ooooo me likes this.....please let us know if you need anymore monies/contributions to running cost and keep up the excellent work too

Thanks for the offer; the upgrade itself is included in our package and has been outstanding for a little while now, as we wanted to make sure the major changes it brought about were tested by other boards first.  We welcome donations at any stage, anything above cost we have just waits in the account for the next bill, and prevents Steve and Rummy having to dip in to their own pocket that month. But, as I say, this upgrade doesn't require specific funding.