Season ticket boost

From tonight's Chron.......

"Season ticket sales have been steady so far, but Moisley is confident that there will be something of a surge as the new campaign approaches thanks to the terrific form the Athletic team showed during the second half of 2016-17 under popular boss Sheridan."

Does anyone think this will happen, I certainly don't. The vast majority of supporters intending to buy would have bought one by now. We've suffered two relegations and have been largely crap for nigh on 20 years.  We've only just survived the last two seasons in this division by the skin of our teeth and Moisley's confident of a surge.

The last close season was an absolute farce but to start a season with the nucleus of a squad is the norm and not a reason for fans to get excited.

A marquee signing or two would help the cause but until we put a decent string of wins together I rather think it will be as we were!

Anyone think differently?

Edited by oafc1955

4 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

"Season ticket sales have been steady so far, but Moisley is confident that there will be something of a surge as the new campaign approaches thanks to the terrific form the Athletic team showed during the second half of 2016-17 under popular boss Sheridan."

Does anyone think this will happen, I certainly don't. The vast majority of supporters intending to buy would have bought one by now. We've suffered two relegations and have been largely crap for nigh on 20 years.  We've only just survived the last two seasons in this division by the skin of our teeth and Moisley's confident of a surge.

The last closes season was an absolute farce but to start a season with the nucleus of a squad is the norm and not a reason for fans to get excited.

A marquis signing or two would help the cause but until we put a decent string of wins together I rather think it will be as we were!

Anyone think differently?

can't see the signing of a nobleman or two making a difference either to be honest :D

Season tickets are now £420 aren't they?

There is no way more than a handful of people are going to cough that up.

I can only imagine this is a prelude to an announcement that the early bird offer prices are about to be reintroduced for a short period.

I don't think we have announced POTD prices yet. Have I missed them?

35 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

The last close season was an absolute farce but to start a season with the nucleus of a squad is the norm and not a reason for fans to get excited.

A marquis signing or two would help the cause 

IMG_0926.JPG

10 minutes ago, Dick_Valentine said:

Well I haven't renewed either of mine this time in favour of picking & choosing my games (oh and I was a bit peppered in April/May), but the calls/emails from the club chasing me up for a renewal amount to a big fat zero. 

You're not being pestered to spend money - isn't that a good thing.

Edited by laticsrblue

If the Chron asked him a question he's unlikely to drum business down.

I agree that the vast majority of STs will already have been sold. And with a couple decent signings are unlikely to increase sales by more than 2 or 3 hundred. But a successful start to the campaign will boost match day revenue at full price. They will already have survived the zero match day ticket revenue of summer.

Fingers crossed.

There isn't much going on. 

The Chron has to run a Latics story every day. 

They put the best spin they could on a couple of quotes that look clear honest and blunt to me. 

It's a non-story - and that's all there is  to it. 

Not the club's fault a non story has been presented as news - but that happens at this time of year. 

I wouldn't read anything into it. 

Edited by Nohairdontcare

21 hours ago, astottie said:

can't see the signing of a nobleman or two making a difference either to be honest :D

Certainly not Marquis De Sade, we have had enough punishment these last few years.  

Having said that he might be able to whip Gregan into shape.

Edited by BP1960