Oldham v Wigan

Just now, PlayItLivo said:

Blackpool lost their first 3 games in the season they beat us in the playoffs and went up. In fact in that season they only registered two wins before the start of October.

We didn't start well in that season either.

There's still time to sort it out. 

How many seasons are we gonna get this comment out of the locker? 

Time to sort it yes...I think people's frustrations are that yet again it looks like we will be in a fight to stay up. 

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, PlayItLivo said:

Blackpool lost their first 3 games in the season they beat us in the playoffs and went up. In fact in that season they only registered two wins before the start of October.

We didn't start well in that season either.

There's still time to sort it out. 

Its a mess...already.

Keeper looks dodgy.defence is pitifully slow and there is more creativity in a ruddy corpse.

Shambles.

2 minutes ago, Blue_Guru said:

How many seasons are we gonna get this comment out of the locker? 

That's the thing isn't it, season after season, it wears you down.

It's the home results especially, they've been poor for a decade. If they could just sort that out it'd improve the mood substantially.

Sheridan clearly doesn't trust some players if he is playing people so weirdly out of position. 

Need at least 3 for better options at the back and in midfield and a keeper rather urgently.  

Hope to god we hang on to McLaughlin. Gardner will be decent I think. 

Somethings just not right at the moment, forget today we were beaten off a team guaranteed top 6, Shez seems to be trying to prove a point by selecting a team were half of them are playing out of position and has done a Dunn and and publicly slagged off half of his team which is never a good sign so early in the season, barring Gardner and McLaughlin there's not many who actually look like they want to play for us at the moment.

Playing two holding midfielders, neither of which can tackle. Hunt isn't even worth mentioning. What a shock we hardly touched the ball. 

Don't get me wrong, they're a good side, but that was fucking pathetic.

There were no positives I could see from the first couple of games but that was worse. Can't believe I'm saying it about a Shez team but we have no identity and no heart.

Edited by NewBlue

Absolutely awful!  Hunt thrown into midfield?......do me a favour, he was lost!  Zilch creativity and players making lethargic efforts to get forward. Even the defence looks shaky now.

Unless we improve rapidly ( with new acquisitions if at all possible ) then gates will plummet further, thus having a detrimental effect on the playing budget. Fans can't be expected to turn up and watch this dross on a regular basis. 

The pre season optimism has been blown out of the water. Am I naffed off? ......too bloody true I am!  Sick of being served up the same old shite. Rant over.....

There's no first goal if the ball is cleared for a throw in by the half way line instead of out for a corner under no pressure. Almost identical situation same player almost failed to reach the touch line. Edmondson or Stott beside Clarke next time please. They both have the ability to kick a football.

1 minute ago, leeslover said:

There's no first goal if the ball is cleared for a throw in by the half way line instead of out for a corner under no pressure. Almost identical situation same player almost failed to reach the touch line. Edmondson or Stott beside Clarke next time please. They both have the ability to kick a football.

Apart from that Wigan strolled it.

We don't attack as a unit, Holloway totally isolated feeding of hoofs from defence it's obvious for all to see. For me Shez ain't got a clue...I honestly don't think he'll see out the year never mind the season.

Shez, Wellens, Wright, Nash, do we really need that lot because they're not showing any coaching skills the way we're playing.

9 minutes ago, Clifford said:

Who is 26? Is that Clarke? Horrendous. 

It's more banks being lazy as fuck not tracking his runner though then watching the others do Sunday league style defending. Yet again a small ball playing runner does us. 

40 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

The team is disjointed and has been all season, it needs a consistant shape with no square pegs and players knowing what they are supposed to do.

To play the most creative player Gardner in front of the back 4 with Hunt ahead of him was a complete waste IMO

Genuinely staggered at that decision myself, BP. Thought Gardner played half decent - a bit like a player who hadn't been involved in three defeats, like the rest of them.

To be playing a right back as your most advanced midfielder points to 'give me some money to spend' because other than that I just don't understand, especially after the decent cameo Fawns made.

6 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

We don't attack as a unit, Holloway totally isolated feeding of hoofs from defence it's obvious for all to see. For me Shez ain't got a clue...I honestly don't think he'll see out the year never mind the season.

Shez, Wellens, Wright, Nash, do we really need that lot because they're not showing any coaching skills the way we're playing.

We called Robinson who had a lot of players to gel, but this lot look complete strangers to each other and with the roles they are supposed to play.

3 hours ago, Lee Sinnott said:

You were saying? Get to Barnet...

Haha knew that was coming. How did we look without him? From listening to wigans commentary and snippets of radio manc fane was what we missed. Wigan comms said banks was the reason our midfield was working as we needed a grafter.